: FG2 Feedback

Naf
10-15-08, 10:05 AM
Ok, since i was installin the Brembo CTS-VR Calipers i asked the dealer to swap in the FG2 Shocks..

The ride hasnt changed much, but cornerin is AMAZIN...

However, i have noticed when i lay the power down on a corner, she does seem to understeer, but when i release she actually then over compensates and Oversteers...I need stiffer shocks, but i also need to balance the car a little. Less weight all around, but more taken out from te front...

Anyone have any ideas for Stock height springs with stronger ratings?

The Tony Show
10-15-08, 10:26 AM
Throttle lift oversteer mid-corner is common in RWD cars, and not an indication that you need to change anything.

Naf
10-16-08, 01:15 PM
True, but a stronger set of springs will give it that little bit more squat resistance when i lay down the power...

I have to admit my turns are very crisp, and flow better then normal..Had to slow myself down durin some of my turns...Was out performin the stock tires i have now...

CtsVrod
10-16-08, 01:32 PM
You could prob go with the GC setup with the Stiffer Springs, and keep it at stock height if you want, then lower down for your days at the track... Prob your best bet IMO

trukk
10-16-08, 02:32 PM
LOL,

$5000 brakes for a car that doesn't need them. $1000 shock upgrade for a car that does need more than that. :thepan:

Naf you should have got a nice penske setup and kept the OEM brakes.

-Chris

Naf
10-17-08, 12:09 AM
Penske? where could i have gotten that from???

Btw i am in the Middle East, most suppliers dont like dealin with me...Shippin is also a B!OTCH

SkullV
10-17-08, 12:30 AM
Penske? where could i have gotten that from???

Btw i am in the Middle East, most suppliers dont like dealin with me...Shippin is also a B!OTCH

Chuck Mallett has a Penske shock set up that he claims eliminates wheel hop.

Naf
10-17-08, 06:01 AM
Oh i remember Mallett, we dont sell those spindle individually, only as a cnverstion kit...Very rude in their professional approach...

Chef
10-17-08, 11:01 AM
hmm...I've heard this before...800lb-900lb spring rates

$1000 shock upgrade for a car that does need more than that.

Naf you should have got a nice penske setup and kept the OEM brakes.

yep