: Fyi guys

BLACK CTS
10-14-08, 08:47 PM
I wanted to post this over here too.

Just wanted to share this with you guys. Sunday I went to get a quart of Mobile 1 to add to my crankcase because I was a quart short after only having 2,000 miles since my last oil change, (which I found out from a Caddilac tech was normal for the 3.6). While I was at the parts store I decided to pick up a can of Engine Restorer. After adding that the motor was ideling super rough like it was running on 3 cylinders. I wasn't sure what the hell was going on. I was like WTF. The codes were PO11, PO14, which has to do with the camshaft sensors. I ran up to the Caddy dealer to talk to my friend and when I told him about the Engine Restorer he said drain the oil and take the actuator selanoids out and clean them because they are probably clogged. Sure enough that was the problem.

I couldn't believe that a can of Engine Restorer would do that. These motors are apparently real picky with what goes in the crankcase. We were thinking that it could have jumped a tooth on the timing chain the way it was running, but there wasn't a lot of noise coming from the motor.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Stay away from additives to the oil.

mikes2nd
10-17-08, 04:37 PM
yeah don't put whacky unknown stuff in your oil :)