: V-Day II Weather Update.

PISNUOFF
10-14-08, 07:56 PM
As of now: Sunny and 65F, 10% chance of showers.

Twitch
10-14-08, 08:59 PM
DUDE! Do not start this again!
Just keep your fingers crossed lol

PISNUOFF
10-14-08, 09:15 PM
Out of the six track days I went to this year, that was the only one that had rain. It can't possibly happen twice.

qqik4u
10-14-08, 09:25 PM
Out of the six track days I went to this year, that was the only one that had rain. It can't possibly happen twice.

OK - STOP IT NOW - Don't even think about it :tisk:

Feffman
10-15-08, 09:09 AM
I've been dropping extra coin into the Sunday collection for clear weather all year and it's worked well except
V-Day I and the Blackhawk Farms weekend (damn hurricane). Let's hope we get a clear, cool, dry day!

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com

PISNUOFF
10-15-08, 09:40 PM
I've actually resolved to not washing my car. If I do, it will surely rain. I'll be the filthy black V at the track.

thebigjimsho
10-16-08, 12:48 AM
There's nothing filthier than a black V that just got done at a wet track. All that muck all over...

ewill3rd
10-16-08, 07:53 AM
10 day forecast today shows perfect weather, I am counting on it!
See you all on Monday, you know that beautiful day where everyone is going to have a blast at the track!

Twitch
10-16-08, 09:35 AM
I've actually resolved to not washing my car. If I do, it will surely rain. I'll be the filthy black V at the track.
Take one for the team :2thumbs:

PISNUOFF
10-16-08, 01:57 PM
There's no shame in a filthy black V. I'll keep telling myself that.

rjoffe
10-17-08, 12:09 AM
Check out google maps, they have brand new pics of the track (were not there a week ago when I looked)

lmcgrew79
10-17-08, 11:17 PM
Do they have a good unloading/loading spot at the track or hotel? If not ill have to find a place that uhaul trailer is a bear.

thebigjimsho
10-17-08, 11:50 PM
Do they have a good unloading/loading spot at the track or hotel? If not ill have to find a place that uhaul trailer is a bear.I always have a tarp and Rubbermaid bin...

lmcgrew79
10-18-08, 02:21 AM
I was actually talking about the car hauler, i had to put the trailer on an incline to load the v. Its kinda a pain in the azz.

Learjet
10-18-08, 11:15 AM
Clean or Filthy everybody knows "Black" is faster.

it is not a rac.....

NormV
10-18-08, 12:02 PM
PUoff trailers his queen in last spring. There room for a u-haul trailer. :)

Norm

Do they have a good unloading/loading spot at the track or hotel? If not ill have to find a place that uhaul trailer is a bear.

Junior1
10-18-08, 12:04 PM
Those U-Haul trailers and the V are a hassle, but if you find a steep driveway entrance its easy. If you don't want to look for the perfect one just bring some 2x4's cut into 2-3 foot lengths. Four should do.
If you need some help gettin it on or off, just let me know...

PISNUOFF
10-18-08, 12:25 PM
PUoff trailers his queen in last spring. There room for a u-haul trailer. :)

Norm

She's been an irritable queen lately.:( She's not going to see any enclosed trailer love this weekend (BTW, she wasn't too appreciative of the nudie pictures on the inside.:canttalk:) The back end is going to be low ridin' with 3 wheels & tires in the trunk and one in the back seat.

Oh yeah, she's still filthy!!!

ewill3rd
10-18-08, 12:48 PM
weather looking more and more perfect ;)

PISNUOFF
10-18-08, 01:55 PM
I'm still not chancing it with a wash. Maybe I'll run it through a wash on the way to the track Monday morning.

thebigjimsho
10-18-08, 05:38 PM
She's been an irritable queen lately.:( She's not going to see any enclosed trailer love this weekend (BTW, she wasn't too appreciative of the nudie pictures on the inside.:canttalk:) The back end is going to be low ridin' with 3 wheels & tires in the trunk and one in the back seat.

Oh yeah, she's still filthy!!!What are you going to do, 1 in the spare tire well, 2 in the trunk with the seat down and protruding into the cabin and one in the back seat?

Let me say, that I find it much simpler myself to Tire Tote my track wheels. Then I put all 4 in the back seat, behind the front passenger seat. Find an old blanket, or something soft, and stand the tires up on top of the blanket and wrap it over the tires. The 4 tires will fit snugly between the RR door and the edge of the driver's seat. This leaves your entire trunk to fill with tools and luggage. And it's easy to load and unload.

Of course, if you're coming with a loved one, or your wife, than you've got to do it differently.

Twitch
10-18-08, 07:57 PM
What are you going to do, 1 in the spare tire well, 2 in the trunk with the seat down and protruding into the cabin and one in the back seat?

Let me say, that I find it much simpler myself to Tire Tote my track wheels. Then I put all 4 in the back seat, behind the front passenger seat. Find an old blanket, or something soft, and stand the tires up on top of the blanket and wrap it over the tires. The 4 tires will fit snugly between the RR door and the edge of the driver's seat. This leaves your entire trunk to fill with tools and luggage. And it's easy to load and unload.

Of course, if you're coming with a loved one, or your wife, than you've got to do it differently.

Waitaminute,,,,are you saying you put 4 (four) tires in the rear passenger seat? AND you can still lean the drivers seat back?
I need to see this.

thebigjimsho
10-18-08, 08:10 PM
Waitaminute,,,,are you saying you put 4 (four) tires in the rear passenger seat? AND you can still lean the drivers seat back?
I need to see this.Yep, unfortunately you won't from me. At least not this Monday...

NormV
10-18-08, 09:40 PM
I've hauled 6 before but the 4 behind the back seat are right up against it.

Sorry you cannot make it Jim. )-;

Norm

thebigjimsho
10-18-08, 10:48 PM
I've hauled 6 before but the 4 behind the back seat are right up against it.

Sorry you cannot make it Jim. )-;

NormThanks Norm. I'll miss ya.:alchi:

I forgot to add, what you do is fold down the 40 split behind the driver. This acts as the barrier to lock the 4 tires against the RR door. When you fold the blanket over the top of the tires, the driver's seat is close enough to be used as a pin down. I sit pretty far back and have had 0 issues. Then, you set the front passenger seat back to lock everything in place.

I had it like that at V-Day I, even though I didn't use the slicks. And every other track day I've done over the past couple years, as well...