: Updated info concerning pricing

Greg*
10-14-08, 01:10 PM
I came across this site (http://media.gm.com/us/cadillac/en/product_services/r_cars/r_c_CTS/09CTSVindex.html#specs idspecs) and noticed an e-mail address at the bottom of the page for David Caldwell
who is listed as part of Cadillac communications. I then shot him e-mail asking when pricing will be
released on th 09 CTS-V. This was his reply.

Tomorrow or Thursday is when the numbers go out. We have to wait for federal govt certification of some aspects...that has been the hold-up. But this will all transpire in the next 1-2 days. In the meantime, feel free to tell shoppers/customers that it will be right around $60K base price...

LV_V
10-14-08, 01:18 PM
Nice dig! I hope this guy is right!

chris1268
10-14-08, 02:05 PM
I came across this site (http://media.gm.com/us/cadillac/en/product_services/r_cars/r_c_CTS/09CTSVindex.html#specs idspecs) and noticed an e-mail address at the bottom of the page for David Caldwell
who is listed as part of Cadillac communications. I then shot him e-mail asking when pricing will be

I have been in communication with David over the last 10 months and everything he has told me thus far has been accurate so I see no reason to doubt him now.

Jpjr
10-14-08, 04:12 PM

wonder if he is referring to gas guzzler tax. may be the 1-4 shift still on the table?

CIWS
10-14-08, 06:53 PM
What's this, what's this ? The government holding things up has been the delay ? Naaaa they never hold things up with red tape. ;)

All sounds very plausible as to the reason for it taking a bit. Nice job on attempting the contact and gaining some insight into the situation. :thumbsup:

caddiedrummer
10-14-08, 07:51 PM
No offense to anyone but it is frustrating with all the dealers and other insiders on this site it takes an interested forum member with some initiative to find what may be the best scoop to date. My own dealer is clueless. At least on the Vette and Viper sites the dealers seem to be much more plugged in.

LV_V
10-14-08, 08:16 PM
My own dealer is clueless. At least on the Vette and Viper sites the dealers seem to be much more plugged in.
Its unfortunate that most dealers are clueless.

Cadillac Tony
10-14-08, 08:28 PM
No offense to anyone but it is frustrating with all the dealers and other insiders on this site it takes an interested forum member with some initiative to find what may be the best scoop to date. My own dealer is clueless. At least on the Vette and Viper sites the dealers seem to be much more plugged in.

Are you kidding? I've only been posting the options, build dates and price range for 8 months now.

Here's a link to my post from FEBRUARY: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/129973-order-your-cts-v-below-msrp-3.html#post1389747

If you don't consider me flying to NAIAS on my own dime, seeking out a member of the 322SC project team, grilling him for info, posting up all the options and nailing the MSRP within a few hundred bucks 8 months before any of the magazines even drove the car to be "plugged in", I don't know what to tell you.

This is why it's so rare to find Dealers posting on forums. We post the same info over and over and over and over and over and over again, and yet it's like we're invisible.

Hello? Is this thing on???? :gah:

mryan
10-14-08, 09:15 PM
Way to say it Tony!!!!

The majority of us greatly appreciate your efforts!!!!

By the way, the dealer in my hometown is helpfull and peofessional much like Tony and his store are.

mryan

caddiedrummer
10-14-08, 09:23 PM
Are you kidding? I've only been posting the options, build dates and price range for 8 months now.

Here's a link to my post from FEBRUARY: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/129973-order-your-cts-v-below-msrp-3.html#post1389747

If you don't consider me flying to NAIAS on my own dime, seeking out a member of the 322SC project team, grilling him for info, posting up all the options and nailing the MSRP within a few hundred bucks 8 months before any of the magazines even drove the car to be "plugged in", I don't know what to tell you.

This is why it's so rare to find Dealers posting on forums. We post the same info over and over and over and over and over and over again, and yet it's like we're invisible.

Hello? Is this thing on???? :gah:

All true and like I said no offense. But it is undisputed that a forum member simply by doing a little digging found what may be the best and up to date info on pricing yet. Not a dig at you.

LV_V
10-15-08, 03:10 AM
My most dealers comment was specifically said as such to exclude dealers like you, Tony. Thanks for staying on top of the V2 for us!!

Kadonny
10-15-08, 08:59 AM
Tony, most of us regulars here know how much you do for this forum, so take solice in that.

RightTurn
10-15-08, 09:07 AM
All true and like I said no offense. But it is undisputed that a forum member simply by doing a little digging found what may be the best and up to date info on pricing yet. Not a dig at you.

OK, and how is this info any different than we've already heard? How is it "best and up to date" when it's the SAME thing we already knew? :bigroll:

CIWS
10-15-08, 09:33 AM

The man took the time to e-mail one of Cadillac's communications folks and ask a question. Luckily he got a response, one that sounds very likely to the situation as is probably quite true. I've e-mailed other Cadillac communications people in the past on different questions and gotten no reply. In this case it appears it worked.

But in truth this wasn't a great big deal was it ? The fact exact pricing has been a bit delayed for whatever reason. GM will release it when it's ready and available to do so. However as has already been mentioned, since the public release of info on the car a NAIAS in January there have been numerous approximate pricing numbers posted that have generally been estimated at 60-63K. This Comm persons response was really no different "it will be right around $60K base price" So what great new information was parsed about the pricing number, nothing. We did however hear something associated with the reason for a delay, which we are taking their word for to be true. So I'm not sure what it is you feel you've gained from this, or for that matter had been lacking during the past several months. Maybe you just feel better because it came from someone at Cadillac Communications vs a forum member or a dealership representative in the forum. But also remember there are members of this forum who have contact(s) or work on the inside who may not feel comfortable posting certain info about exactly who they are or the exact source of their information for concern over employment or legal action.

bsteven43
10-15-08, 11:01 AM
Tony or others .... has Cadillac announced what it will do for people wanting to get out of a lease and into the new CTS-V yet? There used to be a pull ahead on the lease of two months I think and then I heard there was maybe some cash that could be used ... has that been ironed out or is that forthcoming with MSRP info?

Cadillac Tony
10-15-08, 11:13 AM
There are currently a few "Pull-Ahead" type programs. They'll waive up to 4 payments on a current lease, and if you switch to a purchase they give a cash rebate. The amount differs by which model you buy, and there are currently no cash or rate incentives announced for the CTS-V.

concorso
10-15-08, 03:28 PM
My salesmen told me my CTS had a turbo'd ecotec... Theres such a huge quality gap between Tony et others versus the general population of salespeoplemen.

Cadillac Tony
10-15-08, 03:43 PM
Thanks guys. Turbo Ecotec.....:rofl:

Jpjr
10-15-08, 04:48 PM
Selling cars is just like any other profession, the more you put into understanding your product and providing better customer service, the more likely you will be successful. The same principles hold true for almost any job. I always go back to people that know what they are talking about.

lusterblade
10-15-08, 05:10 PM
Thanks guys. Turbo Ecotec.....:rofl:

Turbo Ecotec CTS was pretty fun to drive:shhh:.

OzarksHillbilly
10-15-08, 05:14 PM
OK, if we're telling salesman stories, here's an unfortunate one from last week: My wife, who is a very capable businesswoman, decided she wanted to get out of her Acura sedan and into a mid-size SUV. I suggested she look at the Buick Enclave at the same dealership where we purchased my V. She stopped in there and, although she didn't realize it at the time, she happened to encounter the same salesman I dealt with over the V. He made the fatal mistake of not treating her as a serious buyer. She took as much of his condescending guff as she could, then excused herself went back down the street to the Acura store and purchased a loaded MDX. The GM salesman apparently put two and two together and called ME the next day, asking how WE were doing in OUR search for an SUV. I handed the phone to my wife. She told him, in a much more polite tone than I could've mustered, that she'd bought another Acura because "they treated me like an adult, quickly told me how much they'd give me for my car and came down several thousand dollars off the price on the MDX." The guy was still stammering an apology when she hung up the phone. When I bought my V, he was just the facilitator -- I knew a lot more about the car than he did, and knew I was going to buy it when I walked in the door. And now, perhaps, he knows a lot more about how to treat women who come into his showroom.

NormV
10-15-08, 05:18 PM
Hopefully the current economic trend will play in GM's favor and shake a few dealers. GM definitely has product lineup but the last obstacle remains(not Tony types).

Norm

vperl
10-17-08, 09:29 AM
Lookie here, even a caveman can read this:

http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+Releases/Cadillacs+All-New+2009+CTS-V+Ready+for+Launch/4075167.html

chris1268
10-17-08, 09:44 AM
That sounded confirmed to me. NO estimate mentioned in this one!

Kadonny
10-17-08, 10:10 AM
vperl gets credit for that one. Confirmed, locked and loaded. $ 59,995 starting price. Finally we won't have to hear the whining any more. Thank you vperl.

This deserves a new thread.

Florian
10-17-08, 11:18 AM
Tony, what say you?

F

NormV
10-17-08, 12:54 PM
Why not from the horses mouth?! :)

http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.com/gmnews/viewpressreldetail.do?domain=2&docid=49565

Norm

louiefl99
10-17-08, 01:17 PM
vperl gets credit for that one. Confirmed, locked and loaded. $ 59,995 starting price. Finally we won't have to hear the whining any more. Thank you vperl.

This deserves a new thread.
Think the whining will stop? This just opens up Pandora's box - how much are options, why can't I buy only the velvety steering wheel option, what rebates are available, any dealers willing to accept invoice and a pair of breeding sheep...

vperl
10-17-08, 03:15 PM
Think the whining will stop? This just opens up Pandora's box - how much are options, why can't I buy only the velvety steering wheel option, what rebates are available, any dealers willing to accept invoice and a pair of breeding sheep...

Got no sheep, but can I use my flock of chickens ?

The price of chickens at the store ought to pay for all my options I want.

Cadillac Tony
10-17-08, 06:43 PM
Tony, what say you?

F

Huh? Oh, I'm sorry- I thought everyone already knew what the price was. :)