: CTS-VR Caliper kit INSTALLED

Naf
10-14-08, 10:07 AM
Oh ya, who has the BIGGEST brake kit here.... ME!!!!

Yup, i was installin my FG2 shocks today and decided to install the new modified spindle to fit these Massive Calipers....Notice my rear SS brake line was wearin for improper installation..Havin that replaced as we speak. But i need a proper one. Will get intouch with Katech or LPE for it...

I have to admit i went all out on this. Got the longer Studs, new front wheel sensors, bracket for heat shieldin, and 4mm spacer.

It all looks Good, added bonus is it all fits in the stock wheel too...

Pics included...

The Tony Show
10-14-08, 10:18 AM
Those are definitely some BFCs, Naf. :thumbsup:

lollygagger8
10-14-08, 10:24 AM
Ok man, your calipers are bigger than mine :lol: Those rotors are badass

smoothq
10-14-08, 10:39 AM
Those are amazing!!! I wish I had those but stock is notting to shy over, I am still happy but those are better either way... Great job.

nmaier2201
10-14-08, 10:58 AM
Those do look pretty friggin big. Did you need more stopping power? I almost go through my dash when I stop on the brakes with my stock setup... and they are massive enough to make me clean my wheels every third day from the brake dust.

whisler151
10-14-08, 11:02 AM
Looks awesome!

chadeberly
10-14-08, 11:18 AM
those are fake. Unless everyone already knows that. http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/sports-imports/bigredcover.jpg

onebadcad
10-14-08, 11:33 AM
Nice, very nice!!! Stepping up to the plate and smacking a home run!!!

onebadcad
10-14-08, 11:34 AM
those are fake. Unless everyone already knows that. http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/sports-imports/bigredcover.jpg

LOL, #2 ricer mod after the fartcan!

Kmajecki
10-14-08, 11:34 AM
BOOOOOO!!! :nono: They aren't fake are they?! Longer studs, spacers. nahh it's real, right?!

urbanski
10-14-08, 11:47 AM
:food-snacking:

LUVMY04V
10-14-08, 12:20 PM
LOL @ the fake comment

but really those are badass

smackdaddy
10-14-08, 12:47 PM
OH BOY...
:hide:

I see you got a new hood! Is it CF?

CtsVrod
10-14-08, 01:05 PM
:pop2:

rjoffe
10-14-08, 01:14 PM
Can you provide source and ~ COST?

Naf
10-14-08, 01:22 PM
Pete, and talk to him about the price...I got the WHOLE kit...Two sets of rotors these, and slotted and these awesome calipers...

As for the FAKE brembos, dude, you so didnt have to....

As for the brakin, you can always use better faster ones for the track...Plus They are the same ones on the Lambos, would have shown those Z06s who has it all...

lollygagger8
10-14-08, 01:23 PM

say it isn't so!!:confused:

rjoffe
10-14-08, 01:34 PM
Pete, and talk to him about the price...I got the WHOLE kit...Two sets of rotors these, and slotted and these awesome calipers...

I've talked to Pietro in the past (I assume that's who you mean when you say Pete) and I must say you do have a pretty penny invested in your V's braking system.

Let us know how your first track goes with these new guys.

Do you happen to have a side by side picture of the pads from OEM and these new calipers?

Ron

Naf
10-14-08, 01:44 PM
You are right Ron, Pietro is my Pete...

Sorry no pics but i have to admit they have twice the pads, so they have twice the grip...Gonna try and hit the course in Dubai for my BIRTHDAY!!!! Road trip and track time, but i still have a few things to do...IE TI catback and CF fenders, have the tape, Cam, which i am still waitin on, and others stated in Ti catback thread...

rjoffe
10-14-08, 01:56 PM
Any mods to the Master cylinder ?

lollygagger8
10-14-08, 02:10 PM
Take pics of your V in Dubai please!!!!!!!!!

Wicked_V
10-14-08, 02:17 PM
Wow man, those are really freakin' cool. Good job.:thumbsup:

Naf
10-14-08, 03:11 PM
My Master Cylinder is Stock...Didnt have to make any changes to them for the 8 piston caliper have smaller pistons then our Stock ones...

Oh you will get the best pic from here in Q8...Dubai is merely Sin city of the Middle-East...

chadeberly
10-14-08, 07:18 PM
I'M SORRY GUYS I AM NEW TO THE FORUM AND THIS MAY NOT BE THE BEST WAY TO START OUT BUT THOSE ARE FAKE. YOU CAN TELL THEY ARE PLASTIC. OH AND THEY JUST HAPPEN TO BE THE SAME EXACT CALIPER DESIGN AS THE FAKES TOO RIGHT? I AM GONNA HAVE TO SEE BETTER PICTURES BEFORE I'M CONVINCED, FOR INSTANCE A STOCK CALIPER THAT WAS A TAKE OFF NEXT TO THE "8 POT" FOR SIZE COMPARISON???? SEE PIC FOR REAL VR BRAKES
http://image.motortrend.com/f/9491287/112_0612_16z+cadillac_cts_v_r+brake_assembly.jpg

urbanski
10-14-08, 07:22 PM
shut your caps lock OFF dude

chadeberly
10-14-08, 07:36 PM
Why i'm not yelling. Keyboards broke. I can't buy a new one cause i spent all my money on fake calipers

whisler151
10-14-08, 07:49 PM
I'M SORRY GUYS I AM NEW TO THE FORUM AND THIS MAY NOT BE THE BEST WAY TO START OUT BUT THOSE ARE FAKE. YOU CAN TELL THEY ARE PLASTIC. OH AND THEY JUST HAPPEN TO BE THE SAME EXACT CALIPER DESIGN AS THE FAKES TOO RIGHT? I AM GONNA HAVE TO SEE BETTER PICTURES BEFORE I'M CONVINCED, FOR INSTANCE A STOCK CALIPER THAT WAS A TAKE OFF NEXT TO THE "8 POT" FOR SIZE COMPARISON???? SEE PIC FOR REAL VR BRAKES

So you are saying that he has plastic faux eight piston calipers on his rotors, or that he photoshoped them on, or are you saying that they are real eight piston calipers but not "identical" to the CTS-VRs?

I'm lost.

sleepys4
10-14-08, 08:06 PM
http://image.motortrend.com/f/9491287/112_0612_16z+cadillac_cts_v_r+brake_assembly.jpg

You my friend, is what I like to call a hater!

CadiBlk
10-14-08, 08:17 PM
This is going to be good. :pop2:

Bueller
10-14-08, 09:34 PM

Those in this picture are Monoblock One Piece Calipers. High $ and one of the best available. Yummy penske shocks too.

Look at the 3rd pic the op posted... They're not monoblock but don't have a seam between the two halfs?? The top of them have the plasti-mold numbers on top as well as the same exact shape as the fakes, false black brake line (Although he has SS).

I can't wait to see the back of these with the Ti catback in the backround. I CALL FALSE.

I hope for his sake I'm wrong. Nice brakes and congrats, if in fact I am wrong, and please accept my fake calling you out.

jr_vette
10-14-08, 11:06 PM
If they are real.....Spend less money on your car, and buy a better digital camera.

If they are fake.....Good job at using the cheap-ass phone to try and slip it by us.

04vman
10-15-08, 01:42 AM
Fake

thebigjimsho
10-15-08, 02:05 AM
There is a lot more to improving brake performance than putting on larger calipers. The stock brakes are pretty deadly and I'd have to see some actual brake tests before I'd ever swap mine out...

Chef
10-15-08, 02:23 AM
agree...Put money into your shocks if you're seriously wanting to improve handeling and track times...FG2's:canttalk:

Good pads and duct work with high temp silicone tubing to carbon fiber backing plates...

Naf
10-15-08, 02:42 AM
Hmm, there seems to be a lot of talk of Fakes...Honeslty, you all think i will try and pull a fast one on you. Wow, i really feel the love here...Seriously too bad i wasnt there i would make you all LICK the brake dust off my wheels. Look for a thread from Pete about 5 months ago. You will see MY kit before he shipped them to me...

You are right, Calipers alone are not the cure, but i have two sets of Rotors, Slotted and Crossed drill. Both of which have Ti hardware, and are two peice for heat protection and weight.

Thank you to the others whom have faith...

The FG2s seem to have the best review amoung the users, and i cant lower my car due to speed bumps...

chadeberly
10-15-08, 10:05 AM
Ok I will say If they are fake they are an exact plastic mold of the real thing. But if there the real ones you ordered from Pietro why did you take off the Cadillac font sticker and put on a cheesy Fonted one? Because it's bigger i guess? Also why did you paint the hardline on the bottom of the caliper black? Here's Pietro's post for reference. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/137720-ctsv-brembo-8-piston-track-calipers.html#post1486417

Naf
10-15-08, 10:10 AM
I had to repaint them from mishandlin of my grease monkeys, so i stripped it down to its core and painted it. I painted the Fonted Cadillac for the size. They look nicer from a far and because the wheel will be coverin most of it i wanted the others whom read it to know right off the bat what i am drivin...Its nice..Not so rigid like the Z06 ones, but stylish and refined...

I painted the hard line for more eye effect...It looks much better then before. More contrast more pop more eye catchin candy...

Now pads will be my only issue, looks like i will be visitin the VW/Audi/Lambo or Porsche dealership for pad changes...Hehe, in a class of my own...

chadeberly
10-15-08, 10:20 AM
Ok i guess I'm 75% convinced. I will have to see better and more complete pics unitil I will say those are bad as* brakes. I'm out.

Florian
10-15-08, 10:34 AM
oops 2bl post.

F

v-sam
10-15-08, 11:19 AM
Did you have to get larger wheels?

whisler151
10-15-08, 11:26 AM

It doesn't sound like he did.

It all looks Good, added bonus is it all fits in the stock wheel too...

Bueller
10-15-08, 05:35 PM
I am back to thinking they are real...Sorry for the mistake. Better pics would help. Nice brakes.

814V
10-15-08, 05:47 PM
Here's Pietro's post for reference. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/137720-ctsv-brembo-8-piston-track-calipers.html#post1486417

i am asking for these for x mas

Naf
10-16-08, 03:08 AM

As mentioned before they fit snugly in Stock wheels

i am asking for these for x mas

You are gonna more then just one X-mas wish...IE Fathers days, Labour Day Easter and MAYBE a lesser of a Birthday present...

I am back to thinking they are real...Sorry for the mistake. Better pics would help. Nice brakes.

Welcome back

Now stuff i forgot to mention before...

Upon installtion i had to make 21mm spacers between the bracket and Caliper. Additionally i mounted the bracket Backwards for the caliper stuck out too much...Lastly you wil need to modify the spindle with larger holes and grindin at the top and sides of the spindle. Lastly the supplied SS brake lines were incorrect, i used the CTS-V ones with a different head and they are workin find at the moment...

Its nothing if you have a workshop, but a PAIN if you are tryin to do it at the house...

Doctornick
10-16-08, 10:44 AM
How does one acquire the VR BBK?

4DoorGTZ
10-16-08, 12:56 PM
How does one acquire the VR BBK?
Checkout Pietro's post linked a couple posts up....

I've been looking up the prices on similar hardware, and if you were to buy from Pietro you'd save at least 3k compared to a place like lambostuff. But pietro's stuff comes with adapters and well it fits our cars not lambo's.

urbanski
10-16-08, 12:58 PM
actually naf said it didnt fit.

4DoorGTZ
10-16-08, 01:44 PM
actually naf said it didnt fit.

Really close, and able to fit with slight mods.

urbanski
10-16-08, 03:02 PM
yeah but still :p

Naf
10-17-08, 06:32 AM
Like i said before, if you have a workshop its all easy, but from your own garage, its a PAIN

thebigjimsho
03-14-09, 12:02 PM
hmm...