: Behold... The Cadillac 300 DTS

Lord Cadillac
10-14-08, 02:58 AM
Since I've been hearing all this talk about a Chrysler/GM merger, I thought I'd put together the new 360 horsepower RWD Cadillac DTS.

Would someone with better Photoshop skills care to improve on this? I'm no artist - so someone could surely do a much better job..

http://www.cadillacforums.com/images/cadillac300dts.jpg

Jesda
10-14-08, 03:35 AM
Whoa... weird!

eyekandyboats.inc
10-14-08, 08:24 AM
UGLY ... not your photoshop skills. they are better then mine but the car... DAMN....

how about STS body with C300 head lamps bumper and grill with a cadillac crest

c5 rv
10-14-08, 08:37 AM
That looks about as attractive as the rumored merger.

RightTurn
10-14-08, 09:29 AM
^^ :yeah:

Lord Cadillac
10-14-08, 12:11 PM
I'm sure it could/would look better with real world updates and changes.. The fact is - Cadillac could/would have a full-size luxury car with rear wheel drive and a respectable amount of power.

Lord Cadillac
10-14-08, 01:05 PM
Not only all of this, but now Cadillac would have it's DTS-L..

The styling of the Chrysler 300 is excellent.. It needs to stick around in one form or another. I feel the Cadillac DTS should use as many of it's styling cues as possible because it's a winning design. Minor updates are all it needs. Subtle changes to the sides, major "Cadillac" updates to the front and rear.

The interior would be completely overhauled...

Brett
10-14-08, 01:12 PM
Im sure the magazines would love the fact that cadillac would be using architecture from a previous generation mercedes, one that goes back probably 15 years at this point

gothicaleigh
10-14-08, 01:23 PM
We don't want an old Mercedes platform under Cadillac.

Stretch the rear of the G8 platform and hybrid it with the front architecture of SigmaII (as was rumored to happen), and top it off with sheetmetal resembling this:
http://cdn-www.rsportscars.com/images/cadillac/2003-cadillac-sixteen-concept/cadillacsixteen03.jpg

Give it a Northstar V8 as a base engine, finally release the Northstar V12 as a fuel-prices-be-damned engine, and maybe offer a Hybrid ala the Escalade to keep the enviro-nazis from whining too much.

Instant win.

RightTurn
10-14-08, 01:46 PM
The styling of the Chrysler 300 is excellent...

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :lol:

Lord Cadillac
10-14-08, 01:59 PM
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :lol:
I hear ya.. But consider how many Chrysler 300s you see on the road. Apparently, people love the car. Even though the style is getting old, people are still buying them. I would say that most people find it to be an attractive car..

As for all the wishes of a new Northstar and/or a V12 and the Cadillac Sixteen design, I think we "actually" have a better chance at seeing a Chrysler 300 used for the next DTS. All of those scenarios are too unlikely. And an old Mercedes E-Class architecture wouldn't be so bad. The media might jump all over them for it - but people would be buying more DTSs than they are now. It would attract younger buyers. And older buyers are not likely to be very concerned what platform it's using.

77CDV
10-14-08, 03:30 PM

Stretch the rear of the G8 platform and hybrid it with the front architecture of SigmaII (as was rumored to happen), and top it off with sheetmetal resembling this:
http://cdn-www.rsportscars.com/images/cadillac/2003-cadillac-sixteen-concept/cadillacsixteen03.jpg

Give it a Northstar V8 as a base engine, finally release the Northstar V12 as a fuel-prices-be-damned engine, and maybe offer a Hybrid ala the Escalade to keep the enviro-nazis from whining too much.

Instant win.
Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Styling that would never be mistaken for anything else on the road, coupled with a dependable V8 with a V12/V16 option and an 8-speed automatic. Oh, yes, Cadillac would be back!

Cadillacboy
10-15-08, 02:04 PM
I do prefer CTS

The Tony Show
10-15-08, 02:10 PM

Instant win.

Win.

orconn
10-15-08, 06:46 PM
^^^^^ Now we're talking "my next Cadillac!" I may be an old fart, but I do got the bucks given the right product.

z06bigbird
10-17-08, 05:57 PM
If the merger happens, GM will lose money just on oil changes. (With Chryslers, I have heard you never need to change oil. Simply add a few quarts every week.) LOL

hueterm
10-18-08, 09:21 PM
Uh...why not just lengthen the STS's existing body?

blue07cts
10-19-08, 03:52 PM
Uh...why not just lengthen the STS's existing body?

I'm pretty sure the STS is already a lengthened CTS, not sure how much more can be done with it. also ANYTHING even somewhat resembling the sixteen would be a win.

AMGoff
10-22-08, 12:36 AM
Im sure the magazines would love the fact that cadillac would be using architecture from a previous generation mercedes, one that goes back probably 15 years at this point

..And an old Mercedes E-Class architecture wouldn't be so bad. The media might jump all over them for it...

That really is such a misnomer you know... Only about 20% of the LX is made up from Mercedes components - with the biggest "transplants" being the rear suspension and the cut-rate 5-speed transmission (itself a Mercedes version of a ZF transmission)... All of which were essentially forced into the LX by Diamler later on in its development. What I always found the most appalling was the fact that Diamler made Chrysler pay Mercedes for the components they were forced to use. I really never did figure that one out since, you know... they were the "same" company and all...

hueterm
10-22-08, 12:43 AM
I'm pretty sure the STS is already a lengthened CTS, not sure how much more can be done with it. also ANYTHING even somewhat resembling the sixteen would be a win.

It only needs about 4-5 inches...just so a normal sized American male can sit in the back comfortably -- and to differentiate it between the CTS.

CTS=191"
STS=196"
DTS=207"

Make a 200-201" STS w/the extra space in the rear compartment -- and then done...

AMGoff
10-22-08, 01:30 AM
Since I mentioned this elsewhere, I will say this though... The idea of an LX based Buick sounds much more appealing than an LXDTS...