: Funky heater problem

graphicsman
10-14-08, 02:06 AM
I just replaced my heater control valve following the excellent advice I found on this forum after my cat started dumping fluid down the back passenger side of the engine. Thanks!

However, I know have an odd heater problem. I get no heat, even if I set temp to max. However, if I turn the temp all the way down and then quickly to something like 78F, I get heat just fine. Any thoughts? All the lines look okay and I'm pretty darn sure I put everything on in the right position.

frank moran
10-14-08, 10:17 AM
You may have the hoses on the wrong ports, switch the hoses and you should be OK. I know from experience, I just did this repair and I put them on incorretly.

I just replaced my heater control valve following the excellent advice I found on this forum after my cat started dumping fluid down the back passenger side of the engine. Thanks!

However, I know have an odd heater problem. I get no heat, even if I set temp to max. However, if I turn the temp all the way down and then quickly to something like 78F, I get heat just fine. Any thoughts? All the lines look okay and I'm pretty darn sure I put everything on in the right position.