: 2009 CTS-V at V-Day II

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
10-13-08, 08:56 AM
after a summer of calling and emailing Cadillac has finally found an available 09 V to bring to Summit Point on the 20th. I DONT KNOW WHAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO DO. Cadillac does NOT know if it will be available for rides or if it will even be able to go out on the track at all. all of that will probably not be known untill Monday morning. I would like to see everyone come out and check out the 09 in person. even if you are not the least interested in tracking your car, come out and see the 09!! the more support Cadillac see's the more they are going to want to be involved in future V-Days. if I get any more info through the week I will post. The track is at 2026 Summit Point rd, Summit Point WV and we are on the "main" circuit.

Twitch
10-13-08, 09:09 AM
:thumbsup:

rand49er
10-13-08, 09:20 AM
Even it just does a couple of holeshots like at V-Day I, it'd be cool!

AT or MT, they both put down a bunch of rubber. :worship:

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
10-13-08, 09:53 AM
I also have one last minute spot that has opened up in the novice class. $260.00 for 6 20 minute track sessions and a lunch. call ASAP to claim it

rand49er
10-13-08, 10:29 AM
I also have one last minute spot that has opened up in the novice class. $260.00 for 6 20 minute track sessions and a lunch. call ASAP to claim itOMG! It's deja vu all over again!

:eek:

dukie1993
10-13-08, 10:29 AM
I've been begging my friend w/ a Twin Turbo CTS-V to come out. Hopefully he'll show up to watch if not to run. His car's plate is EVLTWN if you see him, ask him about it :)

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
10-13-08, 10:44 AM
I also have one last minute spot that has opened up in the novice class. $260.00 for 6 20 minute track sessions and a lunch. call ASAP to claim it

Spot has been filled.

Twitch
10-13-08, 12:57 PM
Spot has been filled.

OMG! It's deja vu all over again!

:eek:

:hmm:......

CtsVrod
10-13-08, 02:05 PM
I've been begging my friend w/ a Twin Turbo CTS-V to come out. Hopefully he'll show up to watch if not to run. His car's plate is EVLTWN if you see him, ask him about it :)

TT Cts-V?? You should tell him to post up some info on that car!! I've yet to see any info, or a member that has TT'd a V.

dukie1993
10-13-08, 03:07 PM
I know. I've been trying to get him to post a write-up on it ever since he told me about it.

He let me drive it once and OMG is it fast. It's really breathtaking. He's been talking about putting together a post with some of the build process and some dyno charts, but so far I haven't seen anything.

He'll definitely be willing to talk about it at the V-day. He's signed up, so I hope to see him there.

BeastMaster
10-13-08, 05:06 PM
Thanks for being so persistent Luke.

Cowan480
10-13-08, 07:08 PM
Who filled my spot?? I will be there to support the 09 tho.

I should have parked my car a month ago and I would be on the track!!:helpless:

lmcgrew79
10-13-08, 07:46 PM
I believe i filled your spot. Thanks Im pressed for time now..lol... Last min decision. Ive got an scca event on sunday then leaving at like 2 in the morning to get there about a 5 hour drive.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
10-14-08, 07:53 AM
Thanks for being so persistent Luke.

I felt like Andy Dufresne.....anyone who can post who that is and why thats relevant wins a prize (a small prize).

dukie1993
10-14-08, 08:26 AM
From "The Shawshank Redemption"

In 1966, Andy Dufresne escaped from Shawshank prison. All they found of him was a muddy set of prison clothes, a bar of soap, and an old rock hammer, damn near worn down to the nub. I used to think it would take six-hundred years to tunnel under the wall with it. Old Andy did it in less than twenty. Oh, Andy loved geology. I guess it appealed to his meticulous nature. An ice age here, million years of mountain building there. Geology is the study of pressure and time. That's all it takes really, pressure, and time.

Persistance pays off...

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
10-14-08, 08:51 AM
WINNER!! I was reffering to Andy writing several letters a week to the state to get funds for the prison library, but that part works too!!

Naf
10-14-08, 10:19 AM
I would so be there, but the whole logistics of it all keeps me here :-(

Wanted to show you all what a little bit more money can do to these wonderful machines...

Junior1
10-14-08, 02:58 PM
Sorry to hijack...

Naf, How's that Katech shifter ???
Tell me your likes/dislikes, I'm looking to get one
Where did u get it ?

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
10-14-08, 03:22 PM
Sorry to hijack...

Where did u get it ?

PM's are you friend........UUC shifters on sale for $379.00 (includes bushings) for a few more days

Naf
10-14-08, 03:22 PM
Sorry to hijack...

Where did u get it ?

Pm Sent

Junior1
10-14-08, 03:53 PM
PM's are you friend........UUC shifters on sale for $379.00 (includes bushings) for a few more days

No doubt, I'll be at Lindsay on Tuesday after V-Day dropping some coin...trying to finish up my to-do list...

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
10-16-08, 11:50 AM
after a summer of calling and emailing Cadillac has finally found an available 09 V to bring to Summit Point on the 20th. I DONT KNOW WHAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO DO. Cadillac does NOT know if it will be available for rides or if it will even be able to go out on the track at all. all of that will probably not be known untill Monday morning. I would like to see everyone come out and check out the 09 in person. even if you are not the least interested in tracking your car, come out and see the 09!! the more support Cadillac see's the more they are going to want to be involved in future V-Days. if I get any more info through the week I will post. The track is at 2026 Summit Point rd, Summit Point WV and we are on the "main" circuit.

just got word from Cadillac, the 09 V has been given the green light for LIMITED laps on the track driven by Andy Pilgrim. we will have names in a hat or something to decide who gets a ride!!

RunningOnEMT
10-16-08, 12:52 PM
Just FYI for everyone... i got shafted at work and have to leave early so i won't be racing monday, but i'm coming up for the morning session and lunch ... bringing 2 8 gig cards and my camera so there will be PLENTY of pictures of everything

ewill3rd
10-16-08, 09:06 PM
Just remember... it is not a race ;)
Just a fun day at the track.

I gotta pack up some stuff... is it okay to bring a helmet with scratches on it?
Not sure if I'll be up for a ride along... the knee is still tender, not really up for any G's.