: Jeremy Clarkson Reviews V2.

concorso
10-11-08, 10:09 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article4920262.ece

"And now you are expecting the “but”. But there isn’t one...As you may have gathered, then, I like it."

The V is priced allready in Europe, or is Clarkson assuming?

About £47,000k. M5 for about £66,000.

Nutz
10-11-08, 10:30 PM
:thumbsup: Surprised there was no mention of the bulge in the bonnet.

Strangely, I read that story with his accent in my mind.

Varsity
10-12-08, 06:49 AM
This car is NOT priced in Europe as yet.

We have one on order with the ONLY UK dealer who will sell them as an official import and it has yet to be announced.

Alleged to be 17% under an M5.

CIWS
10-12-08, 09:54 AM
If the words from this guy isn't telling for the amount of improvement put into the V2 product by Cadillac/GM, nothing is. Hereally had nothing bad to say, and say he actually liked it, inside and out.

"The Clarksometer
You'd be mad to buy anything else"

Note at the end of the article "PRICE £47,000 approx" which means they do not have a final price yet. Also "RELEASE DATE December"

AmerLux
10-12-08, 11:38 AM
Wow! "American offerings are truley rubish." ...this is what he says about EVERY state side ride i've seen him review. Almost unbelieveable to hear his praise for the Caddy, crazy how some brit has that much power over us!

SvB4EvA
10-12-08, 12:18 PM
Strangely, I read that story with his accent in my mind.

haha, me too :histeric:

Jon
10-12-08, 10:17 PM
Hell yes! I can't wait for the episode.

Albertan
10-13-08, 12:25 AM
Wow, I was doing the British accent as well. Thought it was only me. Just happened to catch Top Gear on TV here today. They were doing the GT-R race vs train in Japan. I didn't know it was on TV over here. Very entertaining show.

thebigjimsho
10-13-08, 05:18 PM
Wow! "American offerings are truley rubish." ...this is what he says about EVERY state side ride i've seen him review. Almost unbelieveable to hear his praise for the Caddy, crazy how some brit has that much power over us!In an elitist, British way, he liked the V1 too, just not as much as V2...

The Tony Show
10-13-08, 05:22 PM
I suppose this new CTS-V must have reduced "bonging", which is undoubtedly the reason behind Clarkson's newfound appreciation for it.

HPCC
10-14-08, 03:29 AM
Wow! "American offerings are truley rubish." ...this is what he says about EVERY state side ride i've seen him review. Almost unbelieveable to hear his praise for the Caddy, crazy how some brit has that much power over us!Power over US? No, he doesn't get any more power than what we give him.

Bigron
10-14-08, 11:41 AM
I suppose this new CTS-V must have reduced "bonging", which is undoubtedly the reason behind Clarkson's newfound appreciation for it.

And the exterior must have been designed by someone with something more than a ruler.

SvB4EvA
10-14-08, 10:21 PM
And the exterior must have been designed by someone with something more than a ruler.

Ruler + eye balls = win

Pounder
10-17-08, 04:04 PM
The CTS-V has been priced..... €112.990,- = $152.000,- in the Netherlands.
Kind of makes the 59.995,- a true bargain :)

CTSV556
10-24-08, 04:11 AM
can't wait for the episode.

sfvagon
07-14-14, 01:56 PM
Bump from the grave, but I just discovered this review in "Round the Bend" yesterday (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HHSYKY/), which seems to be a compilation of these reviews from the UK Times.

I had no idea he did a write-up on the V2, and was pleasantly surprised about how much he liked it, given Clarkson's well known opinions on American cars. I wish the TGUK (the TV show) had done a full comparo review on it vs. the contemporary M5 ... that would have been fun.

vfaninva
07-14-14, 02:39 PM
Bump from the grave, but I just discovered this review in "Round the Bend" yesterday (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HHSYKY/), which seems to be a compilation of these reviews from the UK Times.

I had no idea he did a write-up on the V2, and was pleasantly surprised about how much he liked it, given Clarkson's well known opinions on American cars. I wish the TGUK (the TV show) had done a full comparo review on it vs. the contemporary M5 ... that would have been fun.

Top Gear did an American super car show a couple of years ago. Jeremy drove a ZR1, Richard drove a SRT8 Challenger, and James (Captain Slow) May drove a CTS V sedan.
May started off whining about the V and by the end said it was the best American car he had ever driven.
One of my favorite episodes and one of my favorite car shows.

baabootoo
07-15-14, 11:27 AM
So IS there a direct link to his review of the V2?

Tedboss1
07-15-14, 11:45 AM
Try this:
http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/team-america-2-part-1

JFJr
07-15-14, 12:24 PM
We don't need approval from people who use the terms "bonnet" and "saloon" in the auto world. WTF!

Jud

sfvagon
07-15-14, 12:33 PM
It looks like the times link is behind a paywall. The video link above is for the road trip episode, which is different. Jalopnik's summary sums up the Times article fairly well:

"The Stig is shopping for a 4-door saloon and Clarkson thinks the Cadillac CTS-V looks like a helluva lot better deal than the BMW M5. His logic goes something like this: 1) The Cad is £19,000 cheaper than the M5, 2) The CTS-V is faster around the Nürburgring, and 3) The Stig won't worry about the insatiable thirst of the CTS-V, because he saved so much money buying it in the first place."

He loves the interior and the exterior too.

Edit - found it: http://forums.midnightruns.com/archive/index.php/t-15374.html?

DPL
07-15-14, 04:53 PM
I think generally he is pretty accurate with his reviews. The V1 got good grades for overall performance and handling. The slushbox 6 speed manual and seemingly endless bonging deserved what they got! And he got the V2 right by reporting nothing really wrong

vfaninva
07-15-14, 09:06 PM
I think generally he is pretty accurate with his reviews. The V1 got good grades for overall performance and handling. The slushbox 6 speed manual and seemingly endless bonging deserved what they got! And he got the V2 right by reporting nothing really wrong

I agree. In his own snarky way Clarkson is actually a pretty darn good reviewer.

Random84
07-15-14, 10:06 PM
Holy six-year thread bump!