: What is the lapt time for a 04-07 cts-v at Nurburgring

AlmostAV
10-11-08, 06:31 PM
Hello, I was wondering what the 04-07 lap time was at Nurburgring. Did they just test the fg2 suspension I assume? Also I would like to find the is-f's nurburgring lap time if someone can find that.

CTSV_510
10-11-08, 08:17 PM
8:19 I believe.

concorso
10-11-08, 10:22 PM
8:19, yes. Also the same lap time for the Cobalt SS, iirc...

814V
10-11-08, 10:35 PM

i dont know what it is about cobalt ss drivers but there is something about them i just cant stand... weird :rant2:

BacDoc
10-11-08, 11:36 PM
i dont know what it is about cobalt ss drivers but there is something about them i just cant stand... weird :rant2:

They're the new SRT4 kids.

AlmostAV
10-11-08, 11:45 PM
noone can find the is-f's time? Is it faster or slower than the 8:19??? Im trying to figure out how I matched up to an isf at an autox event using the nurburgring #'s....may not make sense, but id like to know either way

Max-Q
10-12-08, 12:39 AM
It was 20 seconds slower than the 09 V which would be 8:19. I wonder how a maggie'd V1 would fair? Should be much closer.

Naf
10-12-08, 04:41 AM
Only 20secs slower...Something is wrong. I would say 40-60secs min...Maggies off the line generate more power then NA, however the added weight would have been its curse going around the corners...There is always a give and take...

NormV
10-12-08, 09:10 AM

SS owners are arrogant SOBs! :)

Norm

atdeneve
10-12-08, 01:05 PM

8:20, son! C'mon, get it right. We have a second on them! :rant2:

That is a seriously fast time for a front wheel drive car.

mbiker97
10-12-08, 02:01 PM
noone can find the is-f's time? Is it faster or slower than the 8:19??? Im trying to figure out how I matched up to an isf at an autox event using the nurburgring #'s....may not make sense, but id like to know either way

The 'ring and auto x are totally different. Does the IS-F run in F stock also? From what I've seen they should match up pretty well.

Max-Q
10-13-08, 11:25 AM
Only 20secs slower...Something is wrong. I would say 40-60secs min...Maggies off the line generate more power then NA, however the added weight would have been its curse going around the corners...There is always a give and take...

Those are the verified numbers. Why would there be something wrong? The 09 V is something like 300+ lbs heavier than the V1. I doubt the extra 75 lbs of a maggie would really hinder it that much and the extra torque would more than make up for the weight.

I do believe when they test the 6M version of the V2 the time will be lower. The auto is limited to 175 mph which was achieved on the long straight with room for more. The 6M version is gear limited to 191 mph and would be capable of in excess of 175 mph on the straight. If the driver has the gonads to push it.

lollygagger8
10-13-08, 11:33 AM
Yes, the Cobalt SS owners are lil' punks (for the most part :lol:) Are the Cobalt SS's that fast? I've never had the pleasure of letting them hear my exhaust from behind me....yet. What do they do as far as upgrades for those?

I had a good race with a SRT-4 stage 2...pretty even until we had to stop for the light (cars in front of us too) Stage 3 would probably smoke me though.

AAIIIC
10-13-08, 04:48 PM
The Cobalt SS is starting to generate the reputation of being the most under-rated sport compact on the market today. Take a look at this month's (or maybe last month's?) Car and Driver, in which they did their 2nd annual "Lightning Lap" article with cars in stock trim running times @ Virginia Intl Raceway (VIR). Actually, no need to get the magazine, you can see the results online here (http://www.caranddriver.com/content/download/122224/1656509/version/1/file/The+Lightning+Lap%2C+2008+Results.pdf). Note that the Cobalt SS bested the Evo MR, S2000, IS-F and a number of other more highly-respected cars.

It's too bad the car is so blah Chevy looking, because Chevy's created quite a capable package, particularly when it comes to performance per dollar.

BacDoc
10-13-08, 06:26 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/BacDoc/100_1556.jpg

I don't know, without the wing I could live with it.

MauiV
10-13-08, 07:03 PM
If it doesnt have a V8 and rear wheel (or all wheel for you TB folks) then it shouldnt have SS badges.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/jdinmaui/FWDII.jpg

YoshiV
10-14-08, 11:10 PM
Don't hate on the Cobalt SS! I had one before I picked up my V. 2006 with Recaro seats and LSD. Added an Injen CAI to let the blower scream and a Corsa Sport cat-back. I love the V for a lot of reasons...the extra space and luxury...but over all the SS was a more satisfying car to drive on the street and on the track. The suspension and steering were great, more responsive since it's so much lighter (mine had Eibach springs, they helped too). And don't mention the fact that the shift linkage wasn't rubbish from the factory. In a straight line the V has a clear advantage...add in some bends and given equal drivers the V is not going anywhere.

...one thing is for sure...both have wheel hop issues...plenty of SS drivers have cracked thier trans case at the drag strip!

N0DIH
10-15-08, 12:35 PM
Speaking of the 09 models....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky8ZiO6ebn0

trukk
10-16-08, 01:44 PM
If it doesnt have a V8 and rear wheel (or all wheel for you TB folks) then it shouldnt have SS badges.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/jdinmaui/FWDII.jpg

FWD-FTL. I would look at that car as a commuter, if it was RWD. I am looking at a solstice GXP, which uses the same engine as the Cobalt SS, and is RWD. Waiting on the coupe version to come out.

-Chris

UnsafeAtAnySpd
10-16-08, 02:10 PM
Do you prefer Solstice styling over the Sky?

MauiV
10-16-08, 02:14 PM
My stepmom has a Solstice GXP and its fun but a bit too much Miata-like IMO. I prefer the looks of the Sky but wouldnt own one. The ones coming out of Mallet are badass but just not my cup of tea.

trukk
10-16-08, 03:29 PM
Do you prefer Solstice styling over the Sky?

My stepmom has a Solstice GXP and its fun but a bit too much Miata-like IMO. I prefer the looks of the Sky but wouldnt own one. The ones coming out of Mallet are badass but just not my cup of tea.

I personally don't like the styling of the Sky. It has too much stick on chrome. I'm not enamored with the Solstice, but I really want something small and fun this go around, that doesn't break the bank.

It must be manual tranny and rwd, with at least approx 275 rwhp, and preferably closer to 3000 lbs. Not a lot of choices with those constraints.

A used z06 might fit the bill, but I also want to be a bit incognito. Nothing spells 'We are paying this guy too much money' than pulling up to work as a contractor in your Z06 commuter car. I can get away with it in my V.

-Chris

onebadcad
10-16-08, 03:51 PM
A used z06 might fit the bill, but I also want to be a bit incognito. Nothing spells 'We are paying this guy too much money' than pulling up to work as a contractor in your Z06 commuter car. I can get away with it in my V.

-Chris

Put a few Honda emblems on it, no one will notice,,,

NormV
10-16-08, 03:51 PM
Base c5 coupes this time of the year can be had for under $20K. Then just tack-on the Z06 accessories and you'll have a car that hauls a** and a full trunk(could haul two wooden pallets in the V so I had to use the C5).

I might look at a Kappa platform for AutoXing as it is smaller over all than a C5. But my 2000 Coupe gets 33-34 mpg on 75% highway. So when asked what car I drove to work I tell my, "economy- hatchback"! :)

Norm

I personally don't like the styling of the Sky. It has too much stick on chrome. I'm not enamored with the Solstice, but I really want something small and fun this go around, that doesn't break the bank.

It must be manual tranny and rwd, with at least approx 275 rwhp, and preferably closer to 3000 lbs. Not a lot of choices with those constraints.

-Chris

MauiV
10-16-08, 03:54 PM
Its the bug-eyes on the Solstice that I dont like, The whole front end is just ugly IMO.

Bigron
10-17-08, 03:04 PM
Anyone have a link to that time?
Also isn't the M5 about the same time?

Edit : E60 M5 is 8:13
still looking for a V link