: Drove a 2009 v on thursday!!!

natredde
10-11-08, 05:45 PM
Absolutely amazing. A little story:

I work for a dealership in Dallas, and Cadillac is sponsoring a fashion show at a local Neiman Marcus. We got a call on Thursday morning from a pretty frazzled lady. "I was supposed to have this car on display a half hour ago, but the fire marshall won't let me in with over a quarter tank of gas! Can you please help me?" Of course we told her to swing on by. When she showed up, she was driving a red V with black interior (automatic). It had the standard seats, no microfiber accents and no cooled seats. With 2800+ miles on it, I'm almost positive it was the exact car from Car and Driver's recent Lightning Lap issue.

Now as some of you may know, draining gas is not as simple as dropping in a hose like back in the day. It would've taken at least 20-30 minutes for the service department to squeeze it in. Needless to say, when we discovered the car had just a hair over a quarter of a tank, my sales manager and I decided to take matters into our own hands. 20 minutes later, everyone was happy. EVERYONE.

Driving impressions:

Beyond all expectations. I currently drive a 2009 CTS DI with every option. There's this local curve I like to take at just over 50mph. My CTS totally handles it with just a bit of tire chirp for excitement. The V did it at 60 with no tire slippage whatsoever. The paddles are nice and low profile, on the back side of the wheel spokes. I could go on and on about the acceleration and speed, but it sort of goes without saying. It was the handling and pulling what felt like 2 G's that literally gave me chest pains. I loved it.

Surprises:

The suspension is incredibly smooth when touring around town, even in sport mode. I like the electronic parking brake, but the controls weren't obvious. I hear it has an automatic release, which makes me think of red light launches. I don't want to seem negligent here, but 100 mph feels like 65 and 118 feels like 75. As a guy that loves to drive stick, I was totally blown away by the auto. The shifting algorithms are well thought out and the paddle shifts are plenty quick.

I'm getting long winded, but it the rumors are true: There IS NOT a better sedan on the market with a 5-figure price tag.

LV_V
10-11-08, 10:07 PM
Hmmm get any pics? :bigroll:

CIWS
10-12-08, 09:59 AM
In a respectful sort of way, you suck Nathan :D

Kmajecki
10-12-08, 11:18 AM
I was out there yesterday, i hoped and hoped there might be a new CTS-V there, all i saw was a STS-V and an Escalade. Where they just showing it for that day or is it still out there?! I may need to investigate further....

Ketzer
10-12-08, 02:35 PM
No pics, didn't happen. :p

Kadonny
10-13-08, 10:22 AM
How dare you test drive the CTS-V when Caddy hasn't even released the MSRP yet. How dare you!

natredde
10-13-08, 01:05 PM
No pics, didn't happen. :p

I'll assume you're joking. Honestly, I could come up with a better story if I were to make it up. With only 15 minutes alone with the car, I was more interested in driving. And I can drive them all I like in a month, what do I care for photos? I'm sitting here at work surrounded by brochures, sales materials and propaganda.

Reminds me of some of my customers:

"Wow, that car you're talking about sounds nice. Can you walk all the way upstairs into your inventory, pull it down and email some pictures?"

"It's a black F____ing Escalade! Do a Google Image search!"

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-13-08, 01:28 PM
Reminds me of some of my customers:

"Wow, that car you're talking about sounds nice. Can you walk all the way upstairs into your inventory, pull it down and email some pictures?"

"It's a black F____ing Escalade! Do a Google Image search!"

HAHA! I'm sorry, but I am going to have to steal that for my signature.

Cadillac Tony
10-13-08, 02:59 PM
:histeric:

onebadcad
10-13-08, 03:24 PM
Great story!!! I need some surprises like that in my day(s).