: BMR Pinion Brace/Wheel Hop Kit

mgscustomtune
10-11-08, 09:19 AM
I installed the BMR Pinion Brace and Wheel Hoop Kit. It made a huige diff in the launch and overall lower end shifting. l had zero diff noise before installed the kit. Know l have a slight whine l am going to try and zero in on the problem to see if its the pinion brace or the wheel hoop kit? I am going to finish the job off today as l ran out of time to change the gear oil l hope that solves the whine. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Twitch
10-11-08, 10:16 AM
Your probably getting noise from both. I had no whine till I put in the specter bushings I changed the diff fluid with Amsoil and it didn't help. My next step is to sound deaden under the rear seat. I did the trunk but the whine is still there.

Naf
10-11-08, 10:37 AM
You havent solved any of your noise issues...But you have minimised the chances of wheel hop...

I have the new Z06 fluid and i havent had any issues, i also installed the GMPP diff cooler...

Mind you the pinion brace is crap...You still havent changed the brace point at all...Quite the opposite, you are using the exact same one....The Kars kit would have been your best bang for $...

I have the specter bushings and will be installin the FG2 shocks this week.

pveomett
10-11-08, 01:02 PM
So does everyone that installed the BMR/Specter kits have whine? I have a set of Specter Werkes bushings that I will probably wait to install untill I do the headers. Maybe with the headers, I wont notice the whine as much.

vegasVowner
10-11-08, 04:23 PM
I have the BMR/PS and GM bushings, way less wheel hop but way more noise. Dynamat Extreme, closed cell foam, HVAC duct wrap installed, no noise, just crappy Falken 452 howl now.

rand49er
10-11-08, 04:58 PM
So does everyone that installed the BMR/Specter kits have whine? I have a set of Specter Werkes bushings that I will probably wait to install untill I do the headers. Maybe with the headers, I wont notice the whine as much.I left my Specter Werkes bushings in when I did the KARS III install. Did Amsoil in the diff at the same time. Still, definitely notice a diff whine in the old 50 mph area.

Like Tony and some others, my next step is to treat the symptoms and go the Dynamat route, probably with foam, too.

mgscustomtune
10-11-08, 07:24 PM
Does anyone have a link to the site for sound prof and where they put the sound prof should be installed? My wife doen't notice the whine as she turns the radio up as soon as she gets into the car. It is not a loud whine but l did notice it after the kit was installed. It is such a common screnio for evey action there is a reaction. Headers humm that would take care of it good advice

lasstss
10-11-08, 10:32 PM
The BMR pinion brace helps a little but creats the whine, the bushing is too hard. I pulled mine after a while, too noisy.

Twitch
10-11-08, 11:16 PM
So does everyone that installed the BMR/Specter kits have whine? I have a set of Specter Werkes bushings that I will probably wait to install untill I do the headers. Maybe with the headers, I wont notice the whine as much.
Put them on before Summit. It wont take that long. My car handled much better after I installed the Specter busings. They tighten up the rear pretty good. I felt comfortable getting on the gas much sooner in the turns.

Twitch
10-11-08, 11:19 PM
The BMR pinion brace helps a little but creats the whine, the bushing is too hard. I pulled mine after a while, too noisy.
That damn brace was the first mod I bought.....but it's still not on the car yet. :banghead:
Too lazy to drop the exhaust.

mgscustomtune
10-12-08, 12:09 AM
Well either way the brace and the wheel hoop kit makes the tq hit the pavement much better that is for sure.

CTSV05
10-12-08, 02:41 PM
Anytime you stiffen or lock down the diff, you will experience more cabin noise, why do you think Cadillac put rubber bushings on everything?

mgscustomtune
10-18-08, 05:37 PM
I read in the Ls1 form a guy put a thin rubber bushing in the rear of the carrier with the wheel hoop kit and it eliminated the noise. Could anyone go into more detail on where exactly he put them?

lollygagger8
10-21-08, 09:52 AM
I have the BMR/PS and GM bushings, way less wheel hop but way more noise. Dynamat Extreme, closed cell foam, HVAC duct wrap installed, no noise, just crappy Falken 452 howl now.

Vegas, I have the dynamat extreme (haven't installed yet) and plan on doing underneath back seat, and then trunk. Where/how did install HVAC duct wrap? Do you have any pics of this??