: 2008 MLB Playoffs Thread

"G$"
10-11-08, 01:01 AM
Phillies up 2-0 on the Dodgers.
Sox up 1-0 on the Rays.

Let's talk about it.

Dice-K pitched lights out tonight, the Rays rookie pitched great too. Great defense on both sides. Sox just made more plays...

I was very impressed with Philadelphias crowd the last 2 days. the people are absolutely RABID. Goods win by the Phils.

Blackout
10-11-08, 12:15 PM
Phillies are winning it all this year!

"G$"
10-12-08, 06:21 PM
Phillies are winning it all this year!

I'm rooting for the phillies over the dodgers.

& obviously rooting for the red sox. Going back to fenway tied 1 to 1.

MauiV
10-13-08, 04:28 PM
They still play pro baseball? I thought it died with the NHL.

dkozloski
10-13-08, 04:34 PM
The Phillies and Dodgers game today is going to tell the story. The Dodgers have momentum but could lose it in a heartbeat. I'm hoping for a Rays/Dodgers series so the Northeast will be totally irrelevant

"G$"
10-13-08, 05:55 PM
The Phillies and Dodgers game today is going to tell the story. The Dodgers have momentum but could lose it in a heartbeat. I'm hoping for a Rays/Dodgers series so the Northeast will be totally irrelevant

WTF? Sox/Phillies Baby! I know I know... in alaska they don't have baseball and other normal sports. Just Hockey, bobsledding, & grizzly bear turd eating.

dkozloski
10-13-08, 08:01 PM
WTF? Sox/Phillies Baby! I know I know... in alaska they don't have baseball and other normal sports. Just Hockey, bobsledding, & grizzly bear turd eating.
Over 200 ballplayers that have played summer baseball for the Fairbanks Alaska Goldpanners have gone on to play in the major leagues. Several are in the hall of fame. Ask Tom Seaver.
http://www.goldpanners.com/

http://www.goldpanners.com/Seasons/major_league_panners.html

dkozloski
10-13-08, 08:31 PM
I was driving home from work one day and listening to the ball game on the radio. As I was driving by the ballpark Tim Wallach hit a home run. I saw it come over the wall, over my car, over the road, onto the parking lot, and in the door of a business on one bounce. The ball must have gone at least 475 feet in the air. Dave Winfield could hit the long ball and was also an outstanding pitcher for the Goldpanners. Barry Bonds could take your breath away even when he played here.

Great college ballplayers played summer baseball here for several reasons; it was a proven springboard to the majors, they could live with townsfolk in their homes for free, and they were guaranteed good summer jobs in construction or something similar where they could make some real money. Steve Kemp lived with a good friend of mine. Steve Howe married another friends daughter but that turned out to be a mixed blessing.

"G$"
10-14-08, 03:18 PM
I was driving home from work one day and listening to the ball game on the radio. As I was driving by the ballpark Tim Wallach hit a home run. I saw it come over the wall, over my car, over the road, onto the parking lot, and in the door of a business on one bounce. The ball must have gone at least 475 feet in the air. Dave Winfield could hit the long ball and was also an outstanding pitcher for the Goldpanners. Barry Bonds could take your breath away even when he played here.

Great college ballplayers played summer baseball here for several reasons; it was a proven springboard to the majors, they could live with townsfolk in their homes for free, and they were guaranteed good summer jobs in construction or something similar where they could make some real money. Steve Kemp lived with a good friend of mine. Steve Howe married another friends daughter but that turned out to be a mixed blessing.

Steve Howe. Lol. Blast from the past. I caught a homerun by Ken Griffey Junior in 1987 in Burlington, VT when he played for the no longer existent Vermont Reds. Also, I've seen a lot of Orleans Cardinals games over the years at the Cape League. Long way from Alaska that's for sure. I actually read a pretty good ESPN the magazine article about the Alaskan summer baseball league recently... might've been SI, can't remember.

GO SOX! We're down 2-1 now! :hide:

dkozloski
10-14-08, 03:34 PM
Steve Howe. Lol. Blast from the past. I caught a homerun by Ken Griffey Junior in 1987 in Burlington, VT when he played for the no longer existent Vermont Reds. Also, I've seen a lot of Orleans Cardinals games over the years at the Cape League. Long way from Alaska that's for sure. I actually read a pretty good ESPN the magazine article about the Alaskan summer baseball league recently... might've been SI, can't remember.

GO SOX! We're down 2-1 now! :hide:
I had a homerun ball hit by Frank Howard in Dodger stadium that I caught and got his autograph after the game. Some SOB stole it from me later.

"G$"
10-14-08, 04:27 PM
I had a homerun ball hit by Frank Howard in Dodger stadium that I caught and got his autograph after the game. Some SOB stole it from me later.

was that in the 60's or... 70's? :eek::stirpot:

"G$"
10-17-08, 08:21 AM
damn baby! biggest comeback in ALCS History!!

naw wat I mean?

HISTORIC COMEBACK! Anyone else stay up to watch that??:bouncy:

cadillacjack08
10-17-08, 10:22 AM
damn baby! biggest comeback in ALCS History!!

naw wat I mean?

HISTORIC COMEBACK! Anyone else stay up to watch that??:bouncy:

i def. did!! and i thought is was the second biggest! i love boston and hope we can pull it out. glad to see drew and ortiz finally woke up. hopefully 2007 beckett shows up on saturday

Blackout
10-17-08, 10:24 AM
Either way the Phillies are going to win it. The ALCS winner is just avoiding the inevitable. I'm pissed though, my uncle won some sorta lottery through the Phillies website and has 3 tickets for game 5 in Philly

"G$"
10-17-08, 03:09 PM
Either way the Phillies are going to win it. The ALCS winner is just avoiding the inevitable. I'm pissed though, my uncle won some sorta lottery through the Phillies website and has 3 tickets for game 5 in Philly

you should be happy for your uncle not mad. maybe jealous.

I think the phillies are good but I disagree on your comment. I think whomever is gonna come out of the AL will win the WS.

Blackout
10-17-08, 03:18 PM
you should be happy for your uncle not mad. maybe jealous.

I think the phillies are good but I disagree on your comment. I think whomever is gonna come out of the AL will win the WS.
I'm mostly mad at him because he could have gotten 4 tickets but only got 3 so now I can't go. But you have an AL bias since your from the Boston area, but the Phillies have the pitching staff and the offense is clicking on all cylinders. The only reason the Rays-Red Sox is going as long as it is is because they're from the same division and they know each other like the back of their hand.

thebigjimsho
10-17-08, 03:27 PM
And I remember last year everyone asking how the Red Sox could manage aggainst the incredibly hot Rockies and their deadly lineup. Look, I think the Phillies are a much better team than Rockies were, but I think the AL has proven they are a notch above. The Rays I think are better. The Sox may have a tough time with their starting pitching against the Phillies.

But I would still put my money on either AL team.

"G$"
10-18-08, 05:13 PM
I'm mostly mad at him because he could have gotten 4 tickets but only got 3 so now I can't go. But you have an AL bias since your from the Boston area, but the Phillies have the pitching staff and the offense is clicking on all cylinders. The only reason the Rays-Red Sox is going as long as it is is because they're from the same division and they know each other like the back of their hand.

I am really impressed with Hamels & Victorino (sp??). Ryan Howard is ehh. I bet all of Ortiz's and Youkilis' fly balls would go out of the Phillies' tiny park if they ended up getting to the world series (but they probably won't (anti-jinx)).

Actually, you have every right to scratch your head if he could've bought 4 world series tickets and only bought 3. :bonkers: . Rookie Mistake.

"G$"
10-18-08, 05:15 PM
And I remember last year everyone asking how the Red Sox could manage aggainst the incredibly hot Rockies and their deadly lineup. Look, I think the Phillies are a much better team than Rockies were, but I think the AL has proven they are a notch above. The Rays I think are better. The Sox may have a tough time with their starting pitching against the Phillies.

But I would still put my money on either AL team.

co-sign.

AL teams have won at least the last 10 all star games.