: Warranty coverage question

myndrite
10-10-08, 02:17 PM
First post here!<<<damn noob

I picked up an 05 CTS-V about three months ago and right now my milage is at around 44k. A couple of weeks ago, I started to notice some type of thunk when I'm shifting at higher RPM's specially from 1st gear through 3rd. I saw in other threads that it might be the front diff but my question is--is this covered under the warranty? Also, one of my headlights, the triangle piece appears to be hanging loosely--is that covered too? Thanks for the help!

CadiBlk
10-10-08, 03:01 PM
We all have a clunk and no 1 piece will fix it and make it go away. If your rear diff is going bad, then that is covered under warranty. I don't know or think that lights are covered.

myndrite
10-10-08, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the info...I'm taking my car to the dealership on monday for an oil change--would there be a service fee for them to check out the rear diff? If so, how much do you think it is?

CadiBlk
10-10-08, 03:23 PM
I don't think there is a charge, specially since they will already have the car up on the lift for the oil change.

P.S. Oil changes are a piece of cake DIY in the V. It'll save you some cash, I had a dealer tell me it was going to be like $80 for a change.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/index.html

Clear instructions of how to do it are under the Maintenance section.

p0ng0rs
10-10-08, 03:34 PM
I had a thunk that 100% disappeared from the diff mount being replaced (free under warranty). Of course it will come back in time as the mount wears but I have 55k miles to go before I have to worry about replacing it myself.

myndrite
10-10-08, 04:04 PM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the info!

CadiBlk
10-10-08, 04:09 PM
I had my diff replaced on Tuesday and it didn't completely remove the clunk. It's better, but not gone.

BacDoc
10-10-08, 04:11 PM
I had my diff replaced on Tuesday and it didn't completely remove the clunk. It's better, but not gone.

Congrats on buying a V!

:lol:

CadiBlk
10-10-08, 04:14 PM
Clunk doesn't bother me, it was the whining louder than my radio at highway speeds.

Bigron
10-10-08, 04:22 PM
when was your warranty start date, the fact the car only has 44k mean you could still be under warranty if it start date was after 10//10/2004

myndrite
10-10-08, 04:34 PM
I'm not sure when the start date was. I just know that I have the 50,000 factory GM warranty and the dealer stated that it expires in March 2009. With the way things are looking right now, I'm pretty sure I'm getting the warranty extended so does anyone know the price range? That thunk scares the shit out of me sometimes. It doesn't happen all the time but I feel like the transmission's about to go.