: Dealer Promo Cars

DopeStar 156
06-18-04, 01:35 AM
Does anyone know what I mean? Those little plastic models of cars that dealers give out to promote the car. I bought a 70's Ford Pinto promo car at an antique shop and it's really cool lookin'. I wonder if a promo of my 89 Brougham was ever made. I wonder where I can find Caddy promo cars.

Sandy
06-18-04, 01:42 AM
Not done any longer. Too expensive, and the model makers lose money selling wholesale, when they casn sell them at hobbyst model shows for big bucks. Very little sways buyers today except price, price, price, price, price, price, price, price, price. Salesmen can be dressed in jeans & T-Shirt, stink of street vender "cologne" be rude and whatever, IF it's the cheapest price the buyer has gotten, they'll buy, yes in an old fashioned showroom and all. Price, rice, price, price. They get the cheapest price, and then the service after the sale stinks, and then they bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch. Same thing next time they go out for a car....Price, Price, Price, Price, Price.

(They never learn that you get what you pay for). Model cars? Ha, they could care less!

DopeStar 156
06-18-04, 02:08 AM
I found a 76 Eldorado promo on ebay but it's like $33! I only paid $2 for my Pinto.

Elvis
06-18-04, 11:34 AM
They're all over eBay, usually manufactured by a company called Johan, sometimes spelled Jo-han.

ChiMick
06-18-04, 01:10 PM
There are several on-line dealers of Promotional models. My favorite is: http://www.kranzmodelcars.com/

Cadillacs haven't been produced in model form for some time, not sure why.

The most popular dealer promotional models are the Corvettes and Camaros.

If you are in the Chicago area there are two HUGE promo model swap meets annualy- one in the spring and one in the fall. Google around for info on the next show.

DopeStar 156
06-18-04, 01:54 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2583&item=5904889434&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Found one.

brougham
06-18-04, 06:13 PM
Like Elivs said there are always a bunch on ebay. I don't think I've ever seen one for any Cadillac newer then the 70s.

ChiMick
06-18-04, 06:21 PM
I would look around for a better price on that Eldorado. I have seen them go for around $40. Revell has a new Escalade model kit available now in their "California Wheels" series that may interest some folks.