: V CPU question

GetLucky
10-10-08, 12:11 PM
I have an extra cpu that I bought from a board member tuned by Stealth V. It came off a 2005 and mine is a 2004. I hooked it up and the car would not start it said starter disabled any suggestions

Bueller
10-10-08, 12:30 PM
I cut and pasted this from www.stealthv.com

After installing my non factory original PCM, the check engine light instantly came on, what's wrong?

When a PCM is installed in a vehicle, it needs to know the angular position of the crankshaft. The learned crankshaft position is used for proper ignition and fuel timing as well misfire detection. Before the engine is first run with the new PCM and the check engine light comes on immediately when the key is switched on, the V may need a CKP which is GM-speak for a crankshaft position relearn procedure. The CKP learn can be performed by a dealership or with various aftermarket scanning tools such as EFILive.

This happened to me but it would run, just throw a code and miss quite a bit. Maybe you need someone with a TechII to relearn the crank position. Just a guess...Good luck.

urbanski
10-10-08, 12:45 PM
VIN isnt matched

GetLucky
10-10-08, 12:52 PM
I'm in germany so I have no dealer support so now what

ichpen
10-10-08, 04:28 PM
It's probably the VIN mismatch. Always wondered what would happen if your VIN does not match the PCM VIN.

Nothing to do with crank relearn. I mean it would not prevent the car from starting. It just might throw a code.

Naf
10-10-08, 04:43 PM
I'm in germany so I have no dealer support so now what

Find a chevy dealer, they can help you...Dont let the lack of the cars be a speedbump...Tech II can solve any issues.

CadiBlk
10-10-08, 04:54 PM
Find a chevy dealer, they can help you...Dont let the lack of the cars be a speedbump...Tech II can solve any issues.

In that case, Imma take my V to the nearest chevy dealer next thing tomorrow to have them hook a Tech II up to my car and have them fix my weak diff, clunking drivetrain and possibly have them tack 50hp on. :thumbsup:

CTSV_510
10-10-08, 07:40 PM

Hmm...unless the prior owner had it locked by StealthV. Can a TECH II get around that?

Naf
10-11-08, 08:43 AM
Find a chevy dealer, they can help you...Dont let the lack of the cars be a speedbump...Tech II can solve any pcm related issues.

Forgot a few words...

mgscustomtune
10-11-08, 07:34 PM
Yes the tech 2 can flash any pcm locked for a new vin. Just make sure they do not flash it with the stock tune as well. If you wish l will flash it for free with your vin just send it to my shop cost you return shipping