: Got ricer fly by'd by a Redline V today.

DownSouthV
10-10-08, 01:06 AM
So i am on my way to work today, minding my own business as usual, lost in my thoughts about another boring day ahead of me. I glance in my rear view and see the distinct front end of a V. Not being sure if it was really a V or not i slow down to let him catch up. As he gets closer i can see that it is most definitely a redline V. The guy (prolly mid 20's) gets right behind me in traffic so i roll down my window to try and initiate some friendly V owners chat but before i have a chance he drops a gear yanks it into the left hand lane and blows by me... i throw him the friendly V sign but he doesnt acknowledge it. He then proceeds to get back into my lane and get two lanes over and turns off some side road. The redline was 100% stock. I was curious if it was any one on here... as i didnt get a chance to ask if you were a member of this forum today in traffic.

p.s. If you happen to be on this forum and you wanna play with the faster color V again we can do a 40-140 sometime on a late night adventure in mexico. :bouncy:

Mystical_Ice
10-10-08, 03:53 AM
wow, sounds like a jerk V driver.

there's a V owner that works across the street from me... we drive the same way home, on the same highways... so quite often (like today), the two of us drove for a good 10-15 minutes, right next to each other...

i always think it must look so cool seeing two black Vs driving together :)

Naf
10-10-08, 04:49 AM
Its a kid, they dont know respect yet...

I saw the other black V here in Q8 and the guy wouldnt flash back....Again Kid

The Silver V here still eludes me....

rand49er
10-10-08, 09:48 AM
Its a kid, they dont know respect yet...Yeah, those darn 21-year-olds ... :mad2:

Oh, sorry, DownSouthV. :D

CIWS
10-10-08, 09:53 AM
A Red V blowing a silver V out. Yeah that sounds about right to me. . :stirpot:

pveomett
10-10-08, 09:57 AM
wow, sounds like a jerk V driver.
there's a V owner that works across the street from me... we drive the same way home, on the same highways... so quite often (like today), the two of us drove for a good 10-15 minutes, right next to each other...

i always think it must look so cool seeing two black Vs driving together :)
I agree. Sounds like the OP felt the same way, he just didn't want to say it if the other guy is a member...

Its a kid, they dont know respect yet...

I saw the other black V here in Q8 and the guy wouldnt flash back....Again Kid

The Silver V here still eludes me....

I hear ya, those damn kids are such pricks!

CTSV_510
10-10-08, 10:22 AM
p.s. If you happen to be on this forum and you wanna play with the faster color V again we can do a 40-140 sometime on a late night adventure in mexico. :bouncy:

:lol:

Yeah, and they'd both be lucky there was a black V around to embarrass both of them.

:stirpot:

On a side note, I "got ricer fly by'd" last week by a honda del sol with a fart can and a big H on the back window. :bigroll:

SoJersey05V
10-10-08, 10:49 AM
come on man say like below 21yr old...lol i'm 21 and Actually for a quick story, in my home town one day i saw another black V coming at mei was waving and all,... nothing back... so i said shit im going to turn around i was behind the guy and still nothing... followed him for maybe a mileand he pulled into a spot at the local store i stopped behind his car to talk to him he got out and walked past me as i was sayng hello mind you i''m 21 and he was at least 35... bastard!

SkullV
10-10-08, 11:01 AM
come on man say like below 21yr old...lol i'm 21

:yeah:

AlmostAV
10-10-08, 01:26 PM
yea im 24. Im a very respectful enthusiast, and always try to say "whats up" to any other enthusiast...Gm or not....Most of the time they ignore me going about there business...its a big let down. Nothing makes me happier than when Im driving my V and I see a car that would make a good "contestant" in a 1 v 1 race......again most of the time they are too cool to get schooled.

DownSouthV
10-10-08, 01:26 PM
Yeah, those darn 21-year-olds ... :mad2:

Oh, sorry, DownSouthV. :D

HAHA no offence taken im ok with it :thumbsup:

Yeah... about right if all 4 of my tires were flat and my diff. exploded :lol:

bigREDfreshness
10-10-08, 01:39 PM
Man, you all make me sad. Damn 21-year-old bashing, damn jerk V driver comments, damn silver V owners thinking they're actually faster, damn entire V community thinking Redlines are slow, damn damn damn. Can't we all just... get along?

Bueller
10-10-08, 01:41 PM
come on man say like below 21yr old...lol i'm 21 and Actually for a quick story, in my home town one day i saw another black V coming at mei was waving and all,... nothing back... so i said shit im going to turn around i was behind the guy and still nothing... followed him for maybe a mileand he pulled into a spot at the local store i stopped behind his car to talk to him he got out and walked past me as i was sayng hello mind you i''m 21 and he was at least 35... bastard!

HOLY LONGEST SENTENCE EVER BATMAN! I was purple at the end from not breathing. :hmm:

It's cool though. I knew what you meant.

I have yet to have another V acknowledge any waves or thumbs up in my town in about a half a dozen attempts.

DownSouthV
10-10-08, 02:19 PM
HOLY LONGEST SENTENCE EVER BATMAN! I was purple at the end from not breathing. :hmm:

I have yet to have another V acknowledge any waves or thumbs up in my town in about a half a dozen attempts.

I feel the same way... the only V owners i have actually had acknowledge my existence on the road were ones ive met through this forum. Surprisingly the Corvette community seems to be more friendly towards me on the roads (probably because they are scared of my 4 door haha).

Ferny
10-10-08, 02:28 PM
i was driving to my buddies house, and i ran in to a redline V. it looked amazing. well he got on the side of me and we went for it. nothing crazy cuz we were on a busy street. his was all stock, all i got is exhaust. anyways, at the next light he rolls down his window and says, you gotta love these cars. gave me a big ass smile and we both gave each other a freindly thumbs up. nice feeling. he was an older man, probably in his 50's. theirs a black V here in town as well. i tried to say whats up, but this guy looks like hes in high school, no acknowledgement from him....owell.

the other day we were on or way to the river and this acura pulls up next to me. my buddy says, dude , i think he wants to race. lets just say he his car looked alright from my rear view mirror! :burn:

Gotta Love the V!!

c4ss
10-10-08, 03:12 PM
I don't think I've seen enough V's to even talk to them. I mean I've had my car for about 4 months now and I've only seen 2 V's on the highway, neither of which I was able to talk too. I definitely would talk to another enthusiast though. I'm 22 and I'm no punk!

CIWS
10-10-08, 03:37 PM
Yeah... about right if all 4 of my tires were flat and my diff. exploded :lol:

Well I was only going by what you posted, and you do have an exploding diff. :D

SoJersey05V
10-10-08, 04:11 PM

Sorry Brother. I do ramble on, and throw some (......) in between words to make it seem like another sentence. lol ... .... ....... .. .. . . . .. .. .. . .. . ...

on that note... i'm gonna go drive for a while!

CadzillaTN
10-10-08, 05:01 PM
that was a ricey move although not getting to ever see or hear another V I'd welcome a flyby or two

DownSouthV
10-10-08, 06:08 PM
that was a ricey move although not getting to ever see or hear another V I'd welcome a flyby or two

You are more than welcome to come visit me in Atlanta =:highfive:

Quik Z06
10-11-08, 12:44 AM
I feel the same way... the only V owners i have actually had acknowledge my existence on the road were ones ive met through this forum. Surprisingly the Corvette community seems to be more friendly towards me on the roads (probably because they are scared of my 4 door haha).

Lol, typically I dont like to start anything (and im on alot of boards) However I dont think I know one Vette owner that would be "scared" of your 4 door. I know what V's are capable of, believe me Ive been around fast cars for a long time. There are alot of Vette owners that dont play around, just enjoy their car, but I know plenty that love to and welcome a friendly encounter, me being one of them.

Dont take this post the wrong way, you wil run into a Vette that wants to play one time. I know if you were closer id be that Vette (lol but I hope your seriously modded ;) )

CadzillaTN
10-11-08, 01:24 AM
i trounced a Z06 once......hell yeeeah.:kick:

oh wait, that was a Z26

DownSouthV
10-11-08, 02:42 AM
Lol, typically I dont like to start anything (and im on alot of boards) However I dont think I know one Vette owner that would be "scared" of your 4 door. I know what V's are capable of, believe me Ive been around fast cars for a long time. There are alot of Vette owners that dont play around, just enjoy their car, but I know plenty that love to and welcome a friendly encounter, me being one of them.

Dont take this post the wrong way, you wil run into a Vette that wants to play one time. I know if you were closer id be that Vette (lol but I hope your seriously modded ;) )

A: learn to take a joke
B: Evidently you like "starting things"
C: I dont want to get into a pissing contest with you however i have had my fair share of vette owners staring at my rear bumper as ive pulled away.
D: I hope before you run into me that YOU are the seriously modded one ;)

however let me emphasize that I am not tryin to start anything though... as i am a member on a lot of boards and have been around alot of fast cars. ex: Dodge Caravan!!:thumbsup:

mbiker97
10-11-08, 03:27 AM
I'm sorry, but it's not a rycer flyby unless they turn on the hazards. Otherwise it's just a jackass.

Quik Z06
10-11-08, 07:31 PM
A: learn to take a joke
B: Evidently you like "starting things"
C: I dont want to get into a pissing contest with you however i have had my fair share of vette owners staring at my rear bumper as ive pulled away.
D: I hope before you run into me that YOU are the seriously modded one ;)

however let me emphasize that I am not tryin to start anything though... as i am a member on a lot of boards and have been around alot of fast cars. ex: Dodge Caravan!!:thumbsup:

No, sorry it wasn't a joke as you stated, but if that makes you feel good then whatever. I would put money sight unseen that my 99 Vette would run circle's around you. Im not some 20 year old kid trying to act like a hard ass, I just find it funny when people assume they are fast because someone wont race them or are "scared" of them. I dont doubt you can beat Vette's, hell regular C5's aren't that fast, but what im saying is eventually you wil find one that will hand you your ass.

That's nice that you've been around Dodge Caravans, I hear there are some fast ones :thumbsup: However im more into sportier cars and have had my fair share of fast ones, Cobra, Vette, Evo etc. Lol I'll leave you with this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/QuikS2K/mot.jpg

I would hope your making 800whp to even stay close, because that's not just a blower on a stock motor. Now let me get back to my Dodge Caravan board, I need to find an e-bay exhaust for it, im thinking a nice dual chrome one :worship:

814V
10-11-08, 10:45 PM
i drove for 15 miles next to a black v last night and the guy refused to know i existed.. i tried the friendly hello and it was like i scared him..

Quik Z06
10-11-08, 11:34 PM
i drove for 15 miles next to a black v last night and the guy refused to know i existed.. i tried the friendly hello and it was like i scared him..

Lol, alot of guys buy the sale pitch they aren't really car enthusiast's. I know I wave at every Vette I see drive by, regardless if they wave back or not, same thing when im on my bike.

rlj5
10-11-08, 11:44 PM
I've never seen another V when I was in mine, Think I've seen 2 in the lasts 2 years and I was in my ford Dually both times, And those 2 may have been the same one

rlj5
10-12-08, 12:04 AM

Geez! Thats what the haha behind his statement meant, he was just kidding, He wasn't serious about the vette owners being scared

Quik Z06
10-12-08, 04:18 AM
Geez! Thats what the haha behind his statement meant, he was just kidding, He wasn't serious about the vette owners being scared

I can tell when someone is be sarcastic or not, and I dont think he was being, I think he was being cocky. Then I get a sarcastic reply when I said do not take offence to what I said. I can throw in a lol or a haha anywhere, so that means im joking? Look again, im not some young kid trying to start $hit, im going on 34 and have been around cars for a long time and around a bunch of different car people. Lol guess I should just stay away from the V section if everyone is going to be all offensive. Then you guys wonder why people dont wave back at you when your driving :want:

rand49er
10-12-08, 09:27 AM
... im going on 34 ...You have no idea how funny this is for us old farts. :highfive:

rlj5
10-12-08, 09:53 AM
You have no idea how funny this is for us old farts. :highfive:

:yeah:

ROG
10-12-08, 10:08 AM
You have no idea how funny this is for us old farts. :highfive:

WOW, if you are an "old fart" what the heck does that make me?

Ancient I guess!!!! :wisdom:

CIWS
10-12-08, 10:15 AM

Ancient I guess!!!! :wisdom:

So how did they build the pyramids ? :D

;)

rand49er
10-12-08, 10:18 AM

Ancient I guess!!!! :wisdom:I'll be 60 in January, so I qualify.

When I used to own a Vette ('69 roadster, 350/350, 4-spd) back in the day, I used to wave at all the other Vette drivers. Occasionally one wouldn't wave back, and you know what? It didn't piss me off in the slightest. Imagine that!?! :thumbsup:

rlj5
10-12-08, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=rand49er;1656971]I'll be 60 in January, so I qualify.

Got you beat Randy, I'll be 60 in 20 days.
Although in GM High Tech August article it said 61 year old contractor. I'm old enough without adding any years.

Hey ! We'll have to have a VOOS meet sometime,
VOOS is ( V Owners Over Sixty ) ,
But we'd probably end up letting the pups come too

ROG
10-12-08, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=rand49er;1656971]I'll be 60 in January, so I qualify.

Got you beat Randy, I'll be 60 in 20 days.
Although in GM High Tech August article it said 61 year old contractor. I'm old enough without adding any years.

Hey ! We'll have to have a VOOS meet sometime,
VOOS is ( V Owners Over Sixty ) ,
But we'd probably end up letting the pups come too

I just signed up for SS!! :yup:

All for a VOOS meet!! :thumbsup:

OldRoadDawg
10-12-08, 12:32 PM
So how did they build the pyramids ? :D

We used up a lot of youngsters with strong backs.
They were expendable. :yup:

By the way . . . . Welcome Quik Z06.

Now I gotta go renew my AARP membership.

HushH
10-12-08, 01:02 PM
I can tell when someone is be sarcastic or not, and I dont think he was being, I think he was being cocky....

Apparently you cannot. I know DownSouthV and he was joking. He tends to do that from time to time.

Quik Z06
10-12-08, 05:47 PM
Apparently you cannot. I know DownSouthV and he was joking. He tends to do that from time to time.

If you say so :rolleyes: It really doesn't matter to me anymore I could care less. I know how it is when someone with just a few post's say's something to someone who has been here longer (everyone tends to jump on them) its cool though, im sure the 200 or so post's that he has more than me justify that :helpless:

Lol as for the older guys, haha only reason I mentioned my age, is I see alot of guys that are saying their in their 20's. I know there are guy's that are alot older than me here, remember im on the Vette Board as well, so when I go to shows or meets im a minority :) I was just trying to say that im not some 18 year old kid that just got his license, ive been around fast cars for a while.:helpless:

rand49er
10-12-08, 05:59 PM
... Although in GM High Tech August article ...That was your car?!! Why didn't I know that?!!

Holy moly, I gotta go back and check that out again!

... just gotta find my cane and hobble over to my easy chair where my glasses and teeth are ... :D

DownSouthV
10-12-08, 11:08 PM

Yeah i know im am actually quite the joker... however i think he is telepathic and hell bent on me being an a$$ hole who hates all corvette owners and thinks my car will run down the SSC Aero.

p.s. thanks HUSH ;) and i heard another " rediculously loud Raven V on town lake story yesterday haha

DownSouthV
10-12-08, 11:16 PM
That was your car?!! Why didn't I know that?!!

Holy moly, I gotta go back and check that out again!

... just gotta find my cane and hobble over to my easy chair where my glasses and teeth are ... :D

His car is beautiful... i have read the article three times and showed countless friends:highfive:.... all i want now is to do a 40-200 pull int he passenger seat =p

HushH
10-12-08, 11:20 PM
p.s. thanks HUSH ;) and i heard another " rediculously loud Raven V on town lake story yesterday haha

Man, how come I never run into that guy??? http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/HushH/secret.gif

Quik Z06
10-12-08, 11:36 PM
Yeah i know im am actually quite the joker... however i think he is telepathic and hell bent on me being an a$$ hole who hates all corvette owners and thinks my car will run down the SSC Aero.

No, I dont think your an a-hole at all, and if you knew me you'd know that im actually a pretty easy going guy. I have a very good reputation on my other boards, im just not on this board often because I dont plan on modding my Escalade. I'll check here for interesting threads and if I need info i'll look around. Its all in good fun, I dont take anything on the internet personally.

DownSouthV
10-12-08, 11:56 PM
Man, how come I never run into that guy??? http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/HushH/secret.gif

Im so about to be that guy haha but shhh... dont tell any one ;) You're about to have some competition :hide:

DownSouthV
10-13-08, 12:02 AM
No, I dont think your an a-hole at all, and if you knew me you'd know that im actually a pretty easy going guy. I have a very good reputation on my other boards, im just not on this board often because I dont plan on modding my Escalade. I'll check here for interesting threads and if I need info i'll look around. Its all in good fun, I dont take anything on the internet personally.

Well hell... let's just rewind and start over...haha

I personally love corvettes and all cars in general really, which by the way yours is quite nice.

Come to GA. and ill buy you a beer... or 10 :thumbsup:

rlj5
10-13-08, 12:21 AM

I personally love corvettes and all cars in general really, which by the way yours is quite nice.

There you go!

Hey Quik, :dammit: :welcome: to the forum

Quik Z06
10-13-08, 02:55 AM

Thanks :thumbsup: If im ever in your neck of the woods, i'll be sure to not pass up the free beer :)

rlj5...Looks like you have a beast there. I almost went that route on my Vette (402-408) and an F1. What's funny is my car was actually tuned by EPP. I believe they did some work to it.

Here is the link the guy (Paul) made when selling it

http://pages.villagephotos.com/page.asp?page_id=4051

I bought it for $31K and had it shipped from IL to CA.

tdyguy2k
10-13-08, 08:36 AM

Some of you guys are making me feel like a kid. At 45 I thought I at least fell into the older group with these cars. Damn...I guess I really am just middle aged. :eek: