: Death of a 9000 mile Fleetwood Coupe

1990CaddyBrougham
10-09-08, 11:19 PM
Ohh the horror.....

under 9k orig miles....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-CADILLAC-BROUGHAM-22-RIMS-NOT-IMPALA-CAPRICE_W0QQitemZ230299238404QQihZ013QQcategoryZ61 52QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like that color that kid whats his face squirted all over.

My_favorite_Brougham
10-09-08, 11:28 PM
Ouch! :crybaby: What a shame, and was that SAGE green! :eek: By the title I thought you meant it was totaled, and this isn't far off. But with a whole lot of money, she could be original again. She needs to be in a museum, not a canvas for deranged car hackers!

77CDV
10-10-08, 12:07 AM
Golly, I never knew it took $40K to completely f**k up a perfectly good car. Used to be all you needed was a stout block wall.

gfxdave99
10-10-08, 12:31 AM
$40,000 invested my ass.

Plus he will actually get less for it then if it was a mint 9000 mile coupe with what he did to it

10-10-08, 12:46 AM
$40,000 invested my ass.

Plus he will actually get less for it then if it was a mint 9000 mile coupe with what he did to it

Agreed :highfive:

I'm no "purist" but COME ON - dump some bucks into a basket case; originality (legit stock) you CAN'T GET BACK. :thepan:

Aron9000
10-10-08, 03:06 AM
I hope that poor car rebels and the 4100 throws a rod clear through the hood or maybe through that mural on the fender. If you look closely at the pic of the wheel well, you can see where the hack painter didn't tape off and sprayed some of that green in there.

delzy
10-10-08, 03:26 AM
I lived in Ocala for a few years and my best guess is this is just some little spoiled white kid who attacked his gramps' car with his daddy's checkbook.

Ocala, FL - All the drawbacks of the big city with none of the benefits.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-10-08, 08:19 AM
Judas-****ing-priest that's a goddamn travesty to all things good and pure! Whomever did that to that once amazing car should be insitutionalized.

csbuckn
10-10-08, 08:42 AM
It could be worse, it could have a camper on the back. He should of put more money into the interior work, it looks tacky. And some smaller rims....and the custom grill.....

90Brougham350
10-10-08, 05:42 PM
I hope that poor car rebels and the 4100 throws a rod clear through the hood or maybe through that mural on the fender. If you look closely at the pic of the wheel well, you can see where the hack painter didn't tape off and sprayed some of that green in there.

I guess $6500 for a paint job doesn't get you much these days. So where exactly are you supposed to rest your arms now when you drive? In your lap? Nothing says quality audio setup like aiming speakers where ever the hell they fit.

Brian

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-10-08, 06:24 PM
I dunno what's worse. That car as it sits now, or that car, crushed.

bicentennialcadillac
10-10-08, 07:46 PM
I'm not gonna look, but F that guy anyway.

93DevilleUSMC
10-10-08, 11:01 PM
Dang it, right after I jut finished eating perfectly good Chik-fil-A! Yet another car turned into a POS by another ghetto rat.

This is what your tax dollars go towards, people!

93DevilleUSMC
10-10-08, 11:01 PM
And 9,000 miles, my hairy ass!

77CDV
10-11-08, 01:27 AM
Dang it, right after I jut finished eating perfectly good Chik-fil-A! Yet another car turned into a POS by another ghetto rat.

This is what your tax dollars go towards, people!

Please don't be shy, tell us what you really think of the guy.....:stirpot:

DopeStar 156
10-11-08, 01:38 AM
I hate this whole........ thing... You have no idea how many times I get spotted in my Fleetwood and someone tells me I "gotta throw some 22's on that bitch wit some bounce." That's what I get for driving through Passaic County.....

I usually say if I wanted to completely **** my car I'd get third degree burns from my tailpipe and leave the car with more dignity......

My_favorite_Brougham
10-11-08, 03:34 AM
I hate this whole........ thing... You have no idea how many times I get spotted in my Fleetwood and someone tells me I "gotta throw some 22's on that bitch wit some bounce." That's what I get for driving through Passaic County.....

I usually say if I wanted to completely **** my car I'd get third degree burns from my tailpipe and leave the car with more dignity......

Sometimes I would get those comments about my car. I'd always say "I don't think so." But it's kinda strange; these are nice cars after all. But it seems I see more of them in the "ghetto" than in your average public place. I drove through the poor part of town yesterday, and I saw FIVE 90-92 Broughams driving around. It was kinda cool spotting out those cars in my head, but every last one was donked or was bouncing, or generally botched in one way or another. Usually I NEVER see 90-92s around... ever!

Methinks we "originality lovers" are of a rare breed! But I love it nonetheless. ;)

Greg

Night Wolf
10-11-08, 07:49 AM
THIS CAR IS ALL ORIGINAL WITH OVER $40,000 MONEY INVESTED.

Somebody needs to go back to finances 101..... that is not an "investment"

csbuckn
10-11-08, 10:56 AM
I like to see both. My 307 has 20" chrome spokes and the one I just dropped the motor in has original rims but they both have custom exhaust. This lowrider is tacky because the interior looks out of place, like he spent 20 bucks in there. Us "ghetto" people like something different and personal. No matter what car we do it to, there will always be people that say "you ruined it".

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-11-08, 01:08 PM

Oh yes. I have at least one person a day tell me I need to put "D's" on my Caddy. When I had the '95 it was more like 3 or 4 people a day telling me to rape my car and spend more money on rims than I spent on the car to begin with.

93DevilleUSMC
10-11-08, 03:00 PM
Please don't be shy, tell us what you really think of the guy.....:stirpot:

I already said it. Demographically, these cars appear more in poor, welfare-supported urban areas than in any other.

93DevilleUSMC
10-11-08, 03:10 PM
Sometimes I would get those comments about my car. I'd always say "I don't think so." But it's kinda strange; these are nice cars after all. But it seems I see more of them in the "ghetto" than in your average public place. I drove through the poor part of town yesterday, and I saw FIVE 90-92 Broughams driving around. It was kinda cool spotting out those cars in my head, but every last one was donked or was bouncing, or generally botched in one way or another. Usually I NEVER see 90-92s around... ever!

Methinks we "originality lovers" are of a rare breed! But I love it nonetheless. ;)

Greg

Amen! The whole "chrome rims and custom paint" trend lost all of it's originality shortly after it even began. I'm all for a little bit of modification here and there, but excessive is excessive.

lacroyalty91brougham
10-12-08, 11:40 AM
wow they ruined that car, I'm all for custom, but keep it classy. I hate cars slapped together especially a 9000 mile car, he shoulda kept it stock...

93DevilleUSMC
10-12-08, 05:14 PM
wow they ruined that car, I'm all for custom, but keep it classy. I hate cars slapped together especially a 9000 mile car, he shoulda kept it stock...

I highly doubt that it has 9,000 miles, but you are right; he ruined this thing.

Slacker
10-13-08, 04:44 PM
Oh yes. I have at least one person a day tell me I need to put "D's" on my Caddy. When I had the '95 it was more like 3 or 4 people a day telling me to rape my car and spend more money on rims than I spent on the car to begin with.

Yep me too. Hate it! :want:

It makes you wonder why some random people in parking lots feel that their opinion of what you should do to your car means something? lol

And to be on topic, well, I'm assuming it still has the 4100 in it... if it's not dead now, it will be soon. My '82 went through 2 of those suckers in about 90k miles. (With maintenance!). Thankfully just put a Olds 307 in after the last one died the violent death. :D

Red_October_7000
10-15-08, 12:48 AM
If I had the dough, I'd buy it, and make a video of me destroying the horrible bits... with a sledgehammer. Then I'd restore it to factory. I'd love to take my 12-pound sledgehammer to those wheels...

93DevilleUSMC
10-15-08, 04:55 AM
If I had the dough, I'd buy it, and make a video of me destroying the horrible bits... with a sledgehammer. Then I'd restore it to factory. I'd love to take my 12-pound sledgehammer to those wheels...

I'd prefer to use a full-auto stream of 40 MikeMike grenades from a Mk19. ::blasted:

tenmark
10-15-08, 09:40 PM
$250 worth of paint and supplies + one ex-MAACO employee who can airbrush ok = $6,500 paintwork. :)

1990CaddyBrougham
10-15-08, 10:40 PM
$9000..... Ughh.....