: GM stock

cesron7
10-09-08, 05:17 PM
At $5.00 a share good time to buy ? or forget it. :thehand::thumbsup:

ansky0007
10-09-08, 05:30 PM
Looks like a great value but when they state that they only have enough capital for a few months you have to wonder if they will go bankrupt next year.

c5 rv
10-09-08, 08:27 PM
It would not be a bad idea to soon spread some money that you can afford to gamble with (and lose) around to a number of beat-down stocks.

heavymetals
10-09-08, 08:52 PM
I have been and continue to buy.

A long term hold and a big bounce when the VOLT goes on sale.

IMHO.

I just hope I get to "cash in" before I "cash in" :histeric:

"G$"
10-09-08, 08:53 PM
I have been and continue to buy.

A long term hold and a big bounce when the VOLT goes on sale.

IMHO.

I just hope I get to "cash in" before I "cash in" :histeric:

heavymetals, what does "maggied" mean when you describe your cars...

Night Wolf
10-09-08, 09:11 PM
If you have any outstanding debt, it really isn't wise to invest in the stock market....

as Clark Howard would say :)

heavymetals
10-09-08, 09:29 PM
heavymetals, what does "maggied" mean when you describe your cars...

Maggie is slang for MAGNUSSON, a supercharger.

Brett
10-10-08, 09:13 AM
The stock is a dog with fleas....BK will void the shares and drop it to zero. Pure gamble at this point.

RightTurn
10-10-08, 09:24 AM
"America's on sale!!!" :bigroll:

CIWS
10-10-08, 10:16 AM
The stock is a dog with fleas....BK will void the shares and drop it to zero. Pure gamble at this point.

Most of the market is at this point. If I had the extra cash right now I'd take the gamble.

"G$"
10-10-08, 11:42 AM
Most of the market is at this point. If I had the extra cash right now I'd take the gamble.

GM is selling every car right now at a loss. they can't turn a profit.

A lot of other stocks are undervalued even though they're profitable.

for instance a tech stock, CVLT, is undervalued. way undervalued. this I would think is common knowledge to people who follow tech stocks.

codewize
10-12-08, 01:24 AM
A few weeks ago I bought a bunch at $9 and sold it at $14. If you have the cash I'd go for it. Watch though I saw it down in the $4 range on Fri. It's going to be long term though. Don't expect a pump and dump situation on GM.

dkozloski
10-12-08, 01:47 AM
What's good for GM is good for the country.

Maxie Brown
10-12-08, 09:56 AM

Could easily happen. A good friend bought DAL shares thinking they would be OK in the long run. Not so, BK took care of that.

CIWS
10-12-08, 10:27 AM
GM is selling every car right now at a loss. they can't turn a profit.

A lot of other stocks are undervalued even though they're profitable.

for instance a tech stock, CVLT, is undervalued. way undervalued. this I would think is common knowledge to people who follow tech stocks.

A GM buy would be to hold on to for many years and give it time to re earn it's value. They do have promising plans for the future of the company, but those plans will take a few years to have effect.