: aftermarket hu question

mike4889
10-09-08, 02:06 PM
I currently have a 92 Seville sts with Bose. I have the stock hu in with 2 12" subs using a loc. I installed everything myself, and have some knowledge about car audio. My question is how can i upgrade to a new hu while retaining the stock Bose speakers. I have a pac oem-1 interface, but not too sure how to go about installing it with a new hu.

Thanks,

Mike

CaptainFishpond
10-13-08, 04:34 PM
Mike, I have a 92 seville with Bose gold as well and it was a pain in the ass hooking up an aftermarket hu. The act of hooking it up wasnt a pain, But I was I heard 30 different ways of going about hooking up the head unit. Heres what I did to hook up the aftermarket hu and keep the bose speaks. I found a wire harness at wall mart that fit the plugs that were going into my factory amp in the trunk. It took like 3 different harness to find the right one. I tested each one by hooking it up to the cd player and seeing if I got power and sound. Some provided power but not sound. Once I found the one that worked I went back to wall mart and bout a bunch of rolls of automotive wire. I then made a 13 ft wire harness, I took my time matching all the colors up and tested to make sure everything worked I then routed the harness through the car and under the dash. I was told that the bose speaks wouldn't work with an aftermarket hu, but they do and they sound great. Once you get to that point just power up your sub amp and run rca's up to the hu. Let me know if you have any questions. Hope I could help.

mike4889
10-13-08, 09:09 PM
that doesn't seem that difficult. I wont be able to try it yet because I'm at school, but I'll try that when i come home in a few weeks. I'll let you know the results or if i have any questions.

Thanks