: Drove an '08 Steeda Mustang

Destroyer
10-09-08, 01:42 AM
Bud that sold me the supercharged '04 Mach 1 went and bought an '08 Mustang Steeda Stage 1 after trading in the '08 Tundra that he bought when trading in the Mach 1 that I bought from him (took a $10k loss in a month).............damn I'm getting confused with all these vechicles. I drove it and left totally unimpressed with the current generation Mustang. Its a looker with styling largely reminicent of my favorite Mustangs of all time, the '69 models and a huge improvement over any Mustang built since '70 from a styling standpoint plus that gorgeous blue color!. Steeda added a stage 1 suspension, 20" bling bling wheels (dont personally like the wheels), rear spoiler, body kit, hood. CAI and axle-back exhaust, underdrive pulleys yet the car feels slow........real slow. A trip to the track confirmed its slowness with a 9.2 second 1/8th mile time (roughly low 14 second car in 1/4). Mach ran in the 7's. A race with my Cobra vert also confirmed.................I pulled many car lengths away by 100mph. Cant say how many but he was definately blurring in the rear view mirror. Car cost him over $35k OTD. What a ripoff!. Not even a premium GT. The Steeda kit is just a dealer add-on to a stock base model GT.

I know many (especially here) criticize the interiors of cars such as Mustangs and Fbodys but still, the current gen Mustang is dissapointingly worse than the '99-'04 models on the inside. I mean it just feels cheap. I noticed the interior of my '04 Mach was noticeably cheaper feeling than my '99 Cobra but the '08 Stang with all its really hard cheap plastics really dissapointed me. Cars like my wifes '98 Mark VIII and '98 Deville really seem luxurious in comparison and even those left a lot to be desired IMO.

BTW: sold the Mach I bought off him for an OK profit:thumbsup:

Here's some pics of said vechicle:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z251/AstrocreepVIII/MustangSteeda2.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z251/AstrocreepVIII/MustangSteeda.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z251/AstrocreepVIII/MustangSteeda3.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z251/AstrocreepVIII/MustangSteeda4.jpg

gary88
10-09-08, 01:52 AM
The interior of the Mustang isn't too far off from the interior of an F250 (the F250's is actually way nicer)

Destroyer
10-09-08, 08:25 AM
The interior of the Mustang isn't too far off from the interior of an F250 (the F250's is actually way nicer)Maybe thats what I dont like about it. Very edgey inside, no curves, no flow. Like you said, perhaps too truck-like.

96Fleetwood
10-09-08, 08:54 AM
A buddy of mine has a GT500, basically the same interior and he paid $50K. Sad thing is my Father's SRT8 Charger felt faster...

Destroyer
10-09-08, 09:38 AM
A buddy of mine has a GT500, basically the same interior and he paid $50K. Sad thing is my Father's SRT8 Charger felt faster...They made the car too damn heavy, around 3800lbs. The GT500 needs only a few mods to come alive but still, it doesn't move out like 500hp should.

Blackout
10-09-08, 10:21 AM
Bud that sold me the supercharged '04 Mach 1 went and bought an '08 Mustang Steeda Stage 1 after trading in the '08 Tundra that he bought when trading in the Mach 1 that I bought from him (took a $10k loss in a month).............damn I'm getting confused with all these vechicles. I drove it and left totally unimpressed with the current generation Mustang. Its a looker with styling largely reminicent of my favorite Mustangs of all time, the '69 models and a huge improvement over any Mustang built since '70 from a styling standpoint plus that gorgeous blue color!. Steeda added a stage 1 suspension, 20" bling bling wheels (dont personally like the wheels), rear spoiler, body kit, hood. CAI and axle-back exhaust, underdrive pulleys yet the car feels slow........real slow. A trip to the track confirmed its slowness with a 9.2 second 1/8th mile time (roughly low 14 second car in 1/4). Mach ran in the 7's. A race with my Cobra vert also confirmed.................I pulled many car lengths away by 100mph. Cant say how many but he was definately blurring in the rear view mirror. Car cost him over $35k OTD. What a ripoff!. Not even a premium GT. The Steeda kit is just a dealer add-on to a stock base model GT.The new Mustang's are heavier then the previous gen's and with all of those Steeda add ons all it's doing is just adding more weight to the car since the stage 1 package doesn't offer an power adder mods. And are you really thinking that a basically bone stock Mustang GT is going to be a match against a blown Mach 1? Mach 1's stock are faster then the current GT's.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-09-08, 11:16 AM
I respectfully disagree Nick. I think the 05+ Mustang is a huge improvement over the 1999-04 models, in terms of design. The exterior is gorgeous, and the interior, while not perfect, is a big improvement over the last generation models, which IIRC, weren't redesigned since they were introduced in 1994. I especially like the gauges in the new models, with that "throwback" font on all the gauges.

Playdrv4me
10-09-08, 12:24 PM
I respectfully disagree Nick. I think the 05+ Mustang is a huge improvement over the 1999-04 models, in terms of design. The exterior is gorgeous, and the interior, while not perfect, is a big improvement over the last generation models, which IIRC, weren't redesigned since they were introduced in 1994. I especially like the gauges in the new models, with that "throwback" font on all the gauges.

I agree with Chad. It may be plasticky but the '05 sure looks a HELL of alot better than the old generation as far as aesthetics. It's like the difference between the crappy '97 - '03 F150 interior and the '04 and up version which didn't look like a whale laid on its side across the dash anymore. I always thought those very two... the Mustang and the F150 had the worst domestic interiors with their huge swaths of massive uninterrupted plastic ahead of the driver. The '05 has a nice uniform look.

The exterior of course, is timeless.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-09-08, 12:50 PM
Does the Mustang have a super high beltline and real short windows like the Nissan 350Z's do?

Destroyer
10-09-08, 02:59 PM
The new Mustang's are heavier then the previous gen's and with all of those Steeda add ons all it's doing is just adding more weight to the car since the stage 1 package doesn't offer an power adder mods. And are you really thinking that a basically bone stock Mustang GT is going to be a match against a blown Mach 1? Mach 1's stock are faster then the current GT's.Didn't race it with the Mach. That was against my N/A Cobra.

Destroyer
10-09-08, 03:14 PM
I respectfully disagree Nick. I think the 05+ Mustang is a huge improvement over the 1999-04 models, in terms of design. The exterior is gorgeous, and the interior, while not perfect, is a big improvement over the last generation models, which IIRC, weren't redesigned since they were introduced in 1994. I especially like the gauges in the new models, with that "throwback" font on all the gauges.I agree, I stated the looks were killer and I stated that it was the best looking Stang since 1970 IMO. The interior and performance was my problem and part of that is because it doesn't have the premium GT interior with the leather covered steering wheel and multi colored dash display and so forth.

As far as the last gen Mustang interior, I dont know if the Cobra's were upgraded from GT's or Mach's (I'll have to look that up) but the dash and panels on the Cobra are padded, not as cheap feeling as the '04 Mach on the inside or this '08 GT or my cousin's '94 Stang for that matter. No car in this class is going to offer a substantial interior but the hard plastics on the dash and door panels were a real turn off. Very similar to a Focus I test drove for the wife awhile back. Thats not to say I dont like the '05-up Stangs cause I love the styling, I just thought the car would be substantially better in performance, ammentities and overall driving than the previous gen. So far the only real improvement is the styling. Even the interior appears to actually have less rear seat room.

And yeah, the new Stang does have a high beltline and short windows similar to a 350z. Great appearance, especially with the lowered suspension. It just looks sleek. Overall the car is longer and sleeker, looks much more muscular and refined at the same time. I'd buy one but it would have to be second hand and a vert!:thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-09-08, 03:25 PM
Ohhhhh, I didn't know that the Cobras had a nicer interior, that would make a large difference. I've sat in a few 99-04 Mustang GT's and let's just say it wasn't exactly a W140 in terms of build quality and quality of materials lol.