: Who's planning on keeping their V1?

tophat02
10-08-08, 04:38 PM
So who's going to keep their 04-07 V even if they eventually get a V2 or Supercharged Jaguar or some other daily driver?

I thought about getting a V2 eventually, and also getting a Corvette, but I think my Fiancee will get her own Corvette when the time is right so I don't need to do it. But if I get a V2 or some other kick-ass sedan, my current plan would be to make it an automatic (pref paddle shift) and keep the V1 and mod the hell out of it :stirpot:

Thoughts?

CtsVrod
10-08-08, 04:43 PM
I think WHEN I go to the V2 the V1 will have to go Bye Bye - I would love to mod the hell out of it, but then its just like turning it into the V2 - If I was gonna have something else to mod, I would make it a Track ONLY car, and would make sure that the Parts are Cheap, and that there alot of them out there, unlike the V. Maybe go back to a Subie and GUT IT/Turbo/Full Cage/Etc.!! God I cant wait to get a bigger garage!!

tophat02
10-08-08, 04:45 PM
God I cant wait to get a bigger garage!!

God I can't wait to get *A* garage :rofl:

JD03Cobra
10-08-08, 04:56 PM
I'll probably consider a V2 in about 3-4 years. It's the HP/rear end out of the V2 that really interests me. Aside from that I still like the cleaner looks of the V1.

p0ng0rs
10-08-08, 04:56 PM
I'm sure anyone who has the (money/space/time) would keep it and play, and anyone who doesn't won't. I don't even plan on going forced induction for another 55k miles, the V is my daily driver and all the crapola I just bought for my Talon will keep the modding bug busy next spring/summer (mmmm JIC's, sways, Volk TE37's) I'm sure I'll keep her and keep modding after I get a new DD :)

CIWS
10-08-08, 04:59 PM
Too late for me :D

urbanski
10-08-08, 05:24 PM
never

CtsVrod
10-08-08, 05:30 PM
God I can't wait to get *A* garage :rofl:

I only have a ONE car garage right now and the V sits outside... The Bikes take up all the room!! :crybaby:

I'll probably consider a V2 in about 3-4 years. It's the HP/rear end out of the V2 that really interests me. Aside from that I still like the cleaner looks of the V1.

I think the V2 looks alot bigger than the V1, but the Interior is GORGEOUS! I had an 08 CTS for a loaner, and loved the interior layout. But a Supercharger, 6 Speed, Massive Brakes, and a Warranty sound great to me!!

LUVMY04V
10-08-08, 05:31 PM
never
ever

rlj5
10-08-08, 05:46 PM
Have ta Keep the V1 forever

The Tony Show
10-08-08, 05:48 PM
Until the wheels fall off, baby! :D

My plan is actually to replace the V as my daily driver in another 2 to 3 years. At that point it will become a weekend ride, and I will try to preserve it until my Son is of driving age. He'll be the envy of his High School pulling up in a sweet "Classic Old Caddy".

CtsVrod
10-08-08, 05:53 PM

Yea I would keep your V forever too... With how much time/money you've spent

Jon
10-08-08, 06:33 PM
No way in he'll I'm getting rid of mine. A black 09 will look great next to my 04. :D

tophat02
10-08-08, 07:34 PM
A black 09 will look great next to my 04.

:werd:

CTSV_510
10-08-08, 07:40 PM
It's the HP/rear end out of the V2 that really interests me. Aside from that I still like the cleaner looks of the V1.

never

Until the wheels fall off, baby! :D

:yeah:

MauiV
10-08-08, 08:03 PM
I spent $5k on the Maggie to keep me from spending $68k on a V2. My wife wants an XJ-R when she finishes school and I do like the V2 but I plan on keeping my V1 in the garage forever.

04 Attack Caddy
10-08-08, 08:48 PM
The caddy will be the seasonal driver right next to the '71 Cuda and 97 tahoe forever. I will eventually build a daily driver that either runs on bio-diesel or a diesel with a french-fry kit. That is ONLY when gas starts to get rediciously expensive. Or maybe I will by an Ariel Atom. I hear that they are good on gas. Oh well, enough of the ramblings for tonight.

Civardi
10-08-08, 09:20 PM
I have made arrangements to be cremated and the ashes formed into a new grill so I have the best view. Since I got my V its the wife's turn. Getting an 09 Camaro or a 67-69 that has been re-done. I will get an 09 V but that will have to wait until 12 or later.

SLPR 6.0L
10-08-08, 10:12 PM
V1 goes bye bye in a couple years when it gets replaced by a 2010. My wife gets a bimmer or S4 first

nxlr8
10-08-08, 10:30 PM
My warranty is up in 2013... maybe then :suspense:

SS from the "Wood"
10-08-08, 11:11 PM
I've gotta say that V1 is right at home at my home... I want to keep it forever!

jweymar
10-08-08, 11:25 PM
I plan on keeping mine. No fold down back seat in V2 for surfboard, my HP is close. Just wish I had no lift shift, that sounds cool!

rlj5
10-08-08, 11:58 PM
I plan on keeping mine. No fold down back seat in V2 for surfboard, my HP is close. Just wish I had no lift shift, that sounds cool!

I'd say your ahead of the game on Hp with about 360 fewer lbs than the V2

coolcaddy1
10-09-08, 12:50 AM
The caddy will be the seasonal driver right next to the '71 Cuda and 97 tahoe forever. I will eventually build a daily driver that either runs on bio-diesel or a diesel with a french-fry kit. That is ONLY when gas starts to get rediciously expensive. Or maybe I will by an Ariel Atom. I hear that they are good on gas. Oh well, enough of the ramblings for tonight.

gota ask does the cuda have a hemi??? honestly the 440's were almost as fast but easier to drive on the street. My cousin keeps blowin up the 340 in his "plum crazy purple" cuda. I keep tellin him to throw in a balls to the wall wall hemi but funds and sanity keep getting in the way. when i get my v its gona be a DD so im gona drive it to till it falls apart. wonder how much I'll get for a v with 300k on it in 2015. Probably end up in a museum. This is what 21st century man drove befor electric cars were made manditory...doesnt matter how fast electrics will get they wont have that v8 scream. :drool:

tophat02
10-09-08, 12:56 AM
There are honestly only two reasons I'd get a V2 instead of staying with just the V1:

1) Teh sexay interior
2) Paddle shift automatic for a daily driver (keeping the 6MT V1 as my fun car)

But maybe by the time I get the Maggie and exhaust, etc., I'll just wanna drive it forever. I hope so. I have a bad habit of changing cars about once a year. I HATE it! I really want to be happy with one for a while. I think this V is the most promising of them all in that regard.

4DoorGTZ
10-09-08, 02:11 AM
I'm in no position to think of a V2. I treated myself to a lightly used, but modded 05 V last summer after working in the oilpatch for 4yrs. 4yrs of 80hrs/wk and living in hotels while visiting home a few days a month. If anything I'm going to be getting rid of my POS daily drivers for either a Used V70R or SRT4 Caliber. (ducks for cover)

Naf
10-09-08, 04:21 AM
In all honesty, i am not going to trade in my 60 grand car for 30 grand and pay the diff for a stock 80 grand car and lose all my upgrades.

If i want, i will buy a supercharger, the new V2 rear end and feel better about my car...I am not limited by anything or anyone...

atdeneve
10-09-08, 05:27 AM
Naf? Supercharger? Noooo.

lollygagger8
10-09-08, 10:51 AM
I'm keeping mine 'til it blows up and bursts of flames with me in it, and they pry the keys from my crispy hand :lildevil:

CadiBlk
10-09-08, 10:59 AM
I'm keeping mine 'til it blows up and bursts of flames with me in it, and they pry the keys from my crispy hand :lildevil:

If you are predicting that future, purchase a fire extinguisher mount from heavy and keep one in your car at all times, then you can drive it longer. :cool2:

Albertan
10-09-08, 11:07 AM
I'll be keeping mine for a long time. I have a history of buying and holding on to vehicles. I've had it out for 4 track days and had a great time. I'll probably do some suspension work and tires. Doubt that I'll mod the engine. I watch gas mileage too much. Eventually, I want to get a RX7 with an LSX engine and 6 speed for track days and fooling around. Now my wife is agitating to get a new car so in about a year I'll have to get a 2008 CTS.

qqik4u
10-09-08, 12:22 PM
With all the compliments and looks I get with my current configuration of the car. I don't think V2 is in site yet, but then my kids are getting a bit older and since I primarily bought a 4 DOOR vet - maybe I'll look into a slightly used Z06 as a track car then, but who knows in today's economy. Maybe I'll have to sell my V to just pay for the food :confused:

Knuguy
10-09-08, 12:36 PM
I spent $5k on the Maggie to keep me from spending $68k on a V2.

Exactly, I LOVE the V2 interior but having a $1000 car payment was not something I was looking forward too

lollygagger8
10-09-08, 01:00 PM
If you are predicting that future, purchase a fire extinguisher mount from heavy and keep one in your car at all times, then you can drive it longer. :cool2:

Hhahaha I hope that never happens, I'm just saying.....that is one way I wouldn't mind going out! :thumbsup:
Or doing extracurricular activities with Halle Berry :lildevil:

CTSV_Rob
10-09-08, 01:16 PM
Funny, Same reason I'm upgrading mine.

Plan to keep it for a while, still a fun car and the interior is fine to me. The only thing I would like to change is the seats, they need more side support when at the track.

rlj5
10-09-08, 01:31 PM
Have more in mine now than a V2 would cost, But if I had a V2 it would start all over again and I'd have more in it than a V3 is gonna costs, So I might as well keep all my mods to the V1 to start with. "Cause I just Love this car"

Does that make any sense, !!! :helpless:

qqik4u
10-09-08, 01:34 PM
Have more in mine now than a V2 would cost, But if I had a V2 it would start all over again and I'd have more in it than a V3 is gonna costs, So I might as well keep all my mods to the V1 to start with. "Cause I just Love this car"

Does that make any sense, !!! :helpless:

with all that power and your hood - I'll keep it for you:bouncy:

onebadcad
10-09-08, 05:04 PM
Keeping the V1 for a very long time, as we got very intimate during all of our trips to Mod Hell, and one night at the track when she had catastrophic failure. No way I would betray her, plus, as some have mentioned, got way too many dollars in her and not willing to take the hit. Even I bought a V2, I would think of a way to keep the V1 in the family.

Cowan480
10-09-08, 08:47 PM
I am keeping her for a long time, but I'd let her go if someone would offer the right $$$$$

04 Attack Caddy
10-10-08, 06:15 PM
gota ask does the cuda have a hemi??? honestly the 440's were almost as fast but easier to drive on the street. My cousin keeps blowin up the 340 in his "plum crazy purple" cuda. I keep tellin him to throw in a balls to the wall wall hemi but funds and sanity keep getting in the way. when i get my v its gona be a DD so im gona drive it to till it falls apart. wonder how much I'll get for a v with 300k on it in 2015. Probably end up in a museum. This is what 21st century man drove befor electric cars were made manditory...doesnt matter how fast electrics will get they wont have that v8 scream. :drool:

The cuda does not have a hemi (yet). That is the long term plan, but I gotta save some cash for that kind of investment. Mine has a 340 and a 4 speed now, but just like your cousin, its not gonna last long the way that I like to drive. I am also thinking some sort of twin turbo small block in the front of it. New 391 hemi with turbos? It is all up in the air at this point since it still sits in my parents garage at home because there is no garage for her here yet.

04vman
10-11-08, 05:00 AM
I don't know about everyone else but I like the subtle sporty design of our V1 cars. The only place V2 may have an edge is on the interior design and materials. As much as I like the new V, I think they did a horrible job with the rear bumber/exhaust area. Plus it's a lot heavier than our V, it chugs gas like an suv, and i'm sure GM will do an amazing job on the coupe V. That might be the only car i might consider replacing my V with.

Naf
10-11-08, 10:15 AM
Naf? Supercharger? Noooo.

I know, i said the S word....:shhh:

Dont tell anyone....PLZ

thebigjimsho
10-13-08, 05:15 PM
No way in he'll I'm getting rid of mine. A black 09 will look great next to my 04. :DA black '10 for me with my 1 owner '04.

Max-Q
10-13-08, 09:13 PM
I'm going to pay off my V and my Escalade then buy a ZR-1 with the $1,000/ month I'm already spending on car payments :cookoo:

Hopefully I can keep both running strong for several more years :suspense: