: Meguiar's Poly Sealant 21

Rey
10-08-08, 12:08 PM
I stopped by TPIS in September. While there an old friend Jon Kosmoski drove up in his beautiful Duece. Jon may well be one of the best auto painters alive. He is 72 now and semi retired. He is the founder and developer of House of Kolor auto paints. Years ago he sold the business to Valspar, and is on their staff as a consultant and sometime teacher at Valspar seminars.
Jon is a bit of a cynic and curmugeon. He rarely shows excitment, but he was excited about Meguiar's Poly Sealant 21. He says it is not exactly a wax, but will produce a better shine than any product he has ever used, including various Carnuba waxes. In addition he claimed that sealant will outlast conventional waxes.
I bought it online from Classic Motoring Accessories (www.properautocare.com) for $34.95. Haven't tried it yet.

MauiV
10-08-08, 12:45 PM
:postpics:

your maker
10-08-08, 01:24 PM
i had good luck with liquid glass.

lollygagger8
10-08-08, 03:02 PM
Zaino all day

rand49er
10-08-08, 06:23 PM
I Zaino several times a year, and the paint looks gorgeous after nearly four years of ownership.

However, I'd switch in a minute to anything that actually protects better with an equivalent shine. Another factor is ease of use and lastly cost.

bigbadboss101
10-12-08, 12:16 PM
Is Zaino AIO ok, or would we need the 5 steps?

RightTurn
10-13-08, 10:55 AM
Rey--post your results after you use this stuff. :yup:

lollygagger8
10-13-08, 11:02 AM
Rey: You ain't selling anybody without pics! :lol:

Rey
10-13-08, 11:57 AM
Personally I have not tried the product;and if I did photos thereof would be almost meaningless as comparison photos of finishes are largely a result of photographic skill. Concours wax-off contests are usually won by the person who puts the most time and energy into preparation. It would be very hard to put together a durability contest. No doubt Zaino and many other products out there do a great job. I have used Zaino, and think it is a great product.
My post was simply to pass on a product endorsement coming from a person who is a true authority on auto paint, a man that not only was recognized nationally as an custom painter, but also more important engineered, devloped and sold his own line of high-tech auto paints. Kosmoski has direct access to many manufactures, and tends not only to receive advance samples of new products, but also has face time with product engineers. Lastly, Kosmoski is a known curmugeon who rarely comments positively on any subject. His comments to me were made as an old friend - he wasn't selling anything.
Kosmoski emphaized that the product is not a wax, but a sealant which has wax-like properties.
I have ordered the product, and will try it out soon. But my own personal result will have little meaning as I am just a layman when it comes to these products.

lollygagger8
10-13-08, 12:04 PM
Wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything....just saying I'd like to check out the results. Maybe he has some pics or something?