: Replacing the trunk crest . . .

10-08-08, 03:26 AM
Bought a new trunk crest off of ebay, its really pretty. My next question is how do I change out the old one? Looks like its riveted in there, instead of screwed. I could drill out the rivets and remove the old crest, but how would I attach the new one?

Would I just use a standard pop rivet gun?(which I do not own) Or is there some specialized tool for this???

10-08-08, 09:39 AM
I have the same issue and was going to see if a couple of screws would fit in the rivet holes. But rivets would be better.

10-08-08, 10:00 AM
I used epoxy when I did mine. The crest is still on there.

10-08-08, 02:33 PM
Drill out rivets, replace with 2 sheet metal screws. Did that on my 84 Eldo.