: VII day Novice group? who is in it

qqik4u
10-07-08, 08:59 PM
All - Getting ready for another fun day at the VII track day. Like to know who is running in the novice group. Name, make and model and Mods with screen name. Just like to know who will be in with me - Not for competition - Just want to know the folks on the VII day.

Mick

PISNUOFF
10-07-08, 09:28 PM
"This is not a race." I'll be in the novice group, but only half the time. I'm sharing the driving with my brother.

Heads & Cam
LS7 clutch & flywheel
Full exhaust
CAI
Ported TB

rand49er
10-07-08, 09:36 PM
Even though it's "not a race," sure wish I could've made it. :crying2:

I'd have been in that novice group for sure. Geez, Mick, you're gonna have fun! You, too, PISSIN'.

Twitch
10-07-08, 09:44 PM
Since it's gonna be two novice groups. I hope they at least separate the first timers and people who had a couple track days.
I'm in but wont know for sure till after my court date tomorrow.

rand49er
10-07-08, 09:59 PM
... my court date tomorrow.Did I miss something? :confused:

Get caught hookin' again, Tony?

Twitch
10-07-08, 10:15 PM
Did I miss something? :confused:

Get caught hookin' again, Tony?
Gotta pay for that friggin Maggie :hide:

Unless I decide to send it back :can:

RVO27
10-08-08, 12:11 AM
I'm in the novice group. It's my first track day and I can't wait!!!

05 CTS-V. Corsa, Lingfelter CAI, UUC Shifter and Bushings, Dyno Tuned, 651 KARS Kit

BeastMaster
10-08-08, 08:55 AM
Also my first track day. I'll be in it with my son (his second track day). Got rid of the V (after 5 differentials). I'll be there with a 2008 Z06

pveomett
10-08-08, 09:15 AM
I think there's gonna be alot of us first timers there if they had to do make a second novice group, but I guess we'll see. This is my first time I will even be able to open the V up a little since I got my last few tickets in a short period of time... Does anyone know if I get pulled over outside of NY state do I still get points on my license?

Mods are in my sig. I was hoping to have my headers on by then but they haven't even shipped yet... I don't think I will have a problem with my V not having enough mods...

Twitch
10-08-08, 09:44 AM
I think there's gonna be alot of us first timers there if they had to do make a second novice group, but I guess we'll see. This is my first time I will even be able to open the V up a little since I got my last few tickets in a short period of time... Does anyone know if I get pulled over outside of NY state do I still get points on my license?

Mods are in my sig. I was hoping to have my headers on by then but they haven't even shipped yet... I don't think I will have a problem with my V not having enough mods...

I've gotten tickets out of state. No points and my insurance didn't do up.
However, if you do something so bad that they suspend you in that state........

pveomett
10-08-08, 10:45 AM
I've gotten tickets out of state. No points and my insurance didn't do up.
However, if you do something so bad that they suspend you in that state........
I'm not planning on filming "Fast and the Furious- Cadillac Attack" on the way home, but I'm sure it takes a little while to unwind after a day on the track...

odla
10-08-08, 10:48 AM
depends on the state.

Twitch
10-08-08, 11:06 AM
I'm not planning on filming "Fast and the Furious- Cadillac Attack" on the way home, but I'm sure it takes a little while to unwind after a day on the track...
If your planning ot go home Monday. Keep in mind, a trackday takes a lot out of you.

qqik4u
10-08-08, 11:22 AM
If your planning ot go home Monday. Keep in mind, a trackday takes a lot out of you.

Mentally, physically and Financialy :bonkers: But boy is it worth it;)

bulletproof4age
10-08-08, 02:03 PM
I'll be there in the Novice group. I was at the first one and had a blast. I am the Subaru Legacy. See you guys in a couple weeks.

pveomett
10-08-08, 02:52 PM
Are people staying monday night too? I'm about to make hotel reservations

Twitch
10-08-08, 03:00 PM
Lot of people stayed the extra night last time.

Feffman
10-08-08, 03:59 PM
Our Guest of Honor at Lindsay Cadillac's V-II track day! I believe these are from Laguan Seca.

Feff

trukk
10-08-08, 04:16 PM
I was gonna head out to hang with you guys, but I just found out I've got to go to Pensacola on business that week :(. MAN DO I HATE FLORIDA.

I'll try to catch up with you guys next time.

-Chris

PISNUOFF
10-08-08, 04:40 PM

You will drive even slower on the way home than you did to get there. Most of it will be out of your system, your forearms will be tired, and you'll be mentally drained.

NormV
10-08-08, 05:00 PM
Not everyone will be lucky as you and get Miriam as an instructor. Just pump a littly iron for this event. :)

Norm

You will drive even slower on the way home than you did to get there. Most of it will be out of your system, your forearms will be tired, and you'll be mentally drained.

PISNUOFF
10-08-08, 05:32 PM
Not everyone will be lucky as you and get Miriam as an instructor. Just pump a littly iron for this event. :)

Norm

I have a better (aka lazier) plan. I'm going to just fold up a shirt and wrap my right arm with it. At least I won't be bruised and tired.

qqik4u
10-09-08, 10:40 AM
back to the original question - Who is in the Novice group with your mods. Love to meet the folks this time - As last V day it was a bit overwhelming the event, "GOD" wise words (feffman), Rain, Lunch, Mishaps, pictures, videos, and yes Driving with instructors. Did not allow much chance to meet the folks.

Anyhow - just a bit over a week left.:p

Cowan480
10-09-08, 08:14 PM
I will be a first timer, but if I don't get my car fixed Ill be screwed and won't make it.

10-09-08, 09:47 PM
I'm in the novice group again. I think the novice group will be divided with the silver V's in the fast group, everything else in the slower group.

Cowan480
10-09-08, 09:52 PM
lol.....

qqik4u
10-09-08, 10:33 PM
QUOTE=6104696;1655465]I'm in the novice group again. I think the novice group will be divided with the silver V's in the fast group, everything else in the slower group.[/QUOTE]

OK - I finally figured it out it's the shinny reflection of the silver V's that gives the illusion of being fast when they are actually standing still - Keep feeling good about your fast silver Vs my friend - I will just be your shadow then and will try to keep up :highfive: -

rocketeer
10-09-08, 11:18 PM
I'll be there in the Novice Group only my second track day. had a blast at the last one in May. I hope it's dry so my son's Subie doesnt have any advantage in the twisties.

ssstealth
10-10-08, 07:27 AM
I will be there with the STS-V. My Dad will be driving in the novice group and i will run in Int. We may have to leave the track at lunch and fill up.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/ssstealth/STS-V/v-day/img075.jpg

Twitch
10-10-08, 08:12 AM
being fast when they are actually standing still -

Thanks for the compliment,,,,,now imagine what happens under boost.

99GTX
10-10-08, 11:27 AM
I'll be there in the novice group again. My second track day and looking forward to it!

Learjet
10-10-08, 02:24 PM
I am in - Had a great time in spite of the weather etc last time.

Learjet

Cowan480
10-10-08, 07:04 PM
Called Luke today. I am out, but I hope to make it up to meet everyone!! I got the TB today, hopefully I'll be up and running next week!!

qqik4u
10-10-08, 07:19 PM
Called Luke today. I am out, but I hope to make it up to meet everyone!! I got the TB today, hopefully I'll be up and running next week!!

So will you be there just not running or not at all - What happened??

Cowan480
10-10-08, 10:03 PM
I'll be there to hang out and meet everyone. My car is in limp mode and I can't seem to getter working right. MOD HELL sux, Im almost over it!! haha seriously!

whisler151
10-10-08, 10:23 PM
mod hell sux, im almost over it!! Haha seriously!

c63? V2?

Cowan480
10-10-08, 11:21 PM
c63..

Junior1
10-11-08, 12:09 AM
I'm in the novice group. I'm bringing my '05 V, bone stock with 3500 miles...

V u later
10-12-08, 09:20 PM
Stock '05 in novice group again.