: Got my w4m tune installed!

tophat02
10-07-08, 08:24 PM
I got it in last week, but just installed it today. I used my friend from work's garage and tools (thanks, man!) and he and I got it done in about an hour. He really helped me get the front lower shield off, not to mention getting the PCM back in when I kept insisting on trying to reinsert it 90 degrees the wrong way, doh!!

First impressions: definitely more power. I know it's just SOTP but, hey, that's what matters, right? :bouncy:

Oh and, FINALLY, no CAGS! The shifter is almost tolerable now. But I won't have to tolerate it for much longer... my next mods are UUC shifter, bushings, and transmission mount :highfive:

StealthViggen
10-07-08, 08:49 PM
Glad to hear I am not alone. It's gets faster. My Car spins tires hard in 2nd gear from a roll now. My install was only about 10 mins, but I knew what I was looking for.

Twitch
10-07-08, 09:58 PM
I hope that's from the time you left your house and came back. J/K :want:
Lots of people like his tune. too bad he doesn't do FI cars. At least he was honest about it. He had a Maggied V. So I'm sure he could give you a good, but half a$$ed tune.

tophat02
10-08-08, 12:13 AM
It sucks that I'm going to need to get another tune when I get a maggie. But at least that's not for another year or two. I'm just worried that people like StealthV won't be around when I need a custom tune. Just to make me feel better, does anyone know any good tuners for our cars in the D/FW or Houston areas?

BacDoc
10-08-08, 09:57 AM
Jesse will do any retune for $10 (what he told me). But you're going serious with a maggie you better find a local tuner.