: 95 Eldorado stalling

Chantry
10-07-08, 07:26 PM
I have a 95 Eldorado with the 270HP Northstar engine with just under 100,000 miles on it and I have been having problems with the car stalling for about a month now. My mechanic can not seem to find the problem as the computer is not listing any current codes. Below are the following codes that are in the history:
I022 Panel Dimming Switch Pot Circuit (History)
T072 Serial Data Link Fault (History)
S036 Electronic Level Control Compressor Short to Ground/Open (History)
S044 Lift or Dive Signal Fault (History)
S066 Left Rear Position Sensor Overcurrent (History)
P061 (E061) Cruise - Vent Solenoid Problem (History)
I don't believe the above codes are relevant to the problem

P032 (E032) Open MAP Sensor Signal (History)
P071 (E071) Intermittent MAP Signal (History)
P095 (E095) Engine Stall Detected (History)

No APC Codes
No SIR Codes

My mechanic has replaced the computer itself (ECM Module) and both crank position sensors were changed today and the car is still stalling out when it warms up. When the problem first began to manifest itself there would be small spikes in the RPM's, about 150-300 rpm. The car seems to be running slightly rougher then normal (a tune up was done within 30,000 miles) and the problem becomes much more severe when turning the car on and off while running errands.

The car does NOT seem to stall under the following conditions: in Park or Neutral, with the RPM's around or above 2000 rpm or in 3rd.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
(On edit: I tried using search, but did not see anything with the exact symptoms that continued to occur after replacing the CKP sensors)

Ranger
10-07-08, 10:27 PM
Just shooting from the hip here, but you might look into that MAP sensor.

Playdrv4me
10-07-08, 10:50 PM
On a side note, I really hate how mechanics always avoid real investigation by just throwing parts at the problem and replacing the ECM whenever they can't figure out an electrical problem.

Chantry
10-10-08, 06:24 PM
Ranger: It seems it was the MAP sensor after all. Thanks!!

PlayDrv4Me: He replaced the ECM becuase he got a fault on it when he ran the codes the first time he had it and the CKP sensors were replaced at my insistence.