: Electrical Failure

BigKat
06-17-04, 04:08 PM
Cruising at 75. Message on screen reads "BATTERY NOT CHARGING". Immediately the cars systems began shutting down, slowly, one at a time. Don't remember the exact sequence but stereo, a/c, tachometer and then everything , very interesting to watch. Managed to get to the side of I-95 in Ft. Lauderdale in one piece. NO ONstar of course. Called Cad assistance on cell & they sent flat bed. Hauled to dealer. Two days to install new alternator and I'm back in business. Still love this car. Anybody heard anything re aftermarket exhaust systems?

BUILDINGCTSAMG
06-18-04, 11:57 AM
Cruising at 75. Message on screen reads "BATTERY NOT CHARGING". Immediately the cars systems began shutting down, slowly, one at a time. Don't remember the exact sequence but stereo, a/c, tachometer and then everything , very interesting to watch. Managed to get to the side of I-95 in Ft. Lauderdale in one piece. NO ONstar of course. Called Cad assistance on cell & they sent flat bed. Hauled to dealer. Two days to install new alternator and I'm back in business. Still love this car. Anybody heard anything re aftermarket exhaust systems?

Sorry to hear about that, seems pretty bizarre, i hope your dealership took good care of you....as far as exhaust theyre are a few options, including one threa that posted pictures of all the options do a quick search and you should find it! :welcome:

wikid65
06-18-04, 12:46 PM
A nice set of FlowMasters will bring that motor to life. It'll turn heads.

Slick V
06-18-04, 11:47 PM
If you have had that black v with tints for a couple of months ive probably seen you I-95. As for exhaust, im waiting untill corsa's system is out.