: Quality of window tint job?

Rolex
06-17-04, 04:03 PM
Onw week ago now I had the front two windows tinted on my 03 Escallade (by a cute 20 y/o girl). Over all I think she did a really good job but there are some VERY small air bubbles left in the tint...and you almost have to be looking for them to notice them.

My question is do you think I should make a fuss about the air bubbles and have this girl re-do it? The job and the tint are guaranteed so it would be at no cost to me. Or am I just being too picky about my new ride.

Keep in mind this was done by a professional (albeit cute) auto glass tech. Any input you guys/gals could give is appreciated.

gabbman
06-17-04, 10:55 PM
take it back. She wont mind just dont be nasty about it.

hcvone
06-18-04, 07:26 AM
I agree take it back, they can get the tint perfect if they try

CADDYBLACK99
06-18-04, 08:23 AM
I agree take it back. Most pro's want to deliver a perfect job. They know that if you are pleased you will recommend them to all who ask! There should be no problem.
Paul

Rolex
06-18-04, 10:52 PM
Thanks guys. I wanted to make sure I wasn't being too picky for my own good.

patfarrell
06-19-04, 12:28 AM
I would just park it in the sun for a day, and the bubbles will dry out. It took my car about 3 weeks till they went away.

Rolex
06-19-04, 10:56 PM
I took it out of the garage and parked it in the sun for 3 days. All of the water bubbles dried up and looked fine. Air bubbles stayed behind though. I might give it another week, but I don't think these air bubbles will dry up and go away.

67SupRFlyCoupe
06-19-04, 11:10 PM
Most tibt places have a gaurentee, so take it back, they understand too its your ride it needs to look minty.

caddyshack24
06-20-04, 06:14 AM
yeah, i say give it 3 weeks.. and if you still have the bubbles, take it back and have them do you right, they shouldnt mind at all.. and tell her Eddie would like to have a picture or few.. she'll gladly agree on that also..