: Calgary CTS-V's

4DoorGTZ
10-07-08, 02:15 AM
I know there's a few, couple active people and a couple quiet ones. Pipe in here and say hi.

1. 4DoorGTZ 05 Black/Black
2. Albertan 06 Infrared/Beige?
3. Bigbadboss101..... 04 Silver/Black?
3. SilverKast 05 Black/Black?
5. 85258 04 ?/?

Anyways Say hi and let us know what you got. Maybe on a nice Indian Summer day (if we get any) or next spring we can get together for a meet or something.

Albertan
10-07-08, 07:42 PM
I'm Infrared/Black interior

bigbadboss101
10-07-08, 10:27 PM
04 Silver/Black. Winter tires going on this weekend.

4DoorGTZ
10-24-08, 12:07 AM
Goin' to da dyno... :) I cant wait to see what a crapload of exhaust money nets me....

1. Bought car, came like it is now but stock exhaust. StealthV's original tune (circa '06)
420hp, 361ftlbs

2. StealthV gets me his new upgraded (leaned out) tune, everything else the same as above.
460hp 403ftlbs

3. Kooks 1 7/8" headers, Corsa catback, QTP Elec. cutouts, MTI Racing plug wires.
Let ya know tomorrow, Going to Davenport 830am :)

4DoorGTZ
10-24-08, 04:08 PM
Well not what I was expecting.... Lost hp/tq. Time for a real tune, a/f is crappy in the whole rpm range :(

bigbadboss101
10-24-08, 06:21 PM
You got some work done at RTC? How come you didn't get it tuned and dynoed there? Make more sense since he did the work and the work done should yield some nice gains.

I had my tune/dyno few weeks ago. Probably not worth it with just exhausts. Gain 19 or so hp and tq. Got rid of the 2nd gear thing but should have at least headers and some other goodies.

Regardless, loving the car. Only 329 or so hp/tq at the wheel. If it had a little more head room in the back (not that I sit in the back), 50 more hp, steering wheel controls, and AWD car would be a dream :-)

4DoorGTZ
10-24-08, 09:06 PM
A dyno tune at RCTS may be in the future, they just didnt have time while it was there.... I had it dyno'd at Davenport for comparisson reasons, my other dyno's were done there. I hate to say it, and maybe someone can work tuning magic but almost seems like it would benefit greatly from a cam.... the cylinder pressure seems to be leaking out early as the free(er) flow is scavenging the combustion process before its even complete. With the previous amount of backpressure the process completed as the valve opened, not after.... Wonder what StealthV might have to say.... not that its his tune, but who knows?

bigbadboss101
10-26-08, 10:22 AM
Anybody have a NAV firmware disc? I am gonna buy the new maps but looks like the most recent is 2007 for the CTSV. With the firmware I can buy other discs, like ones from Infiniti etc correct?

4DoorGTZ
10-26-08, 06:26 PM
I have the firmware and with it installed I am currently using an Infinity 2007 disc. I can lend you the firmware disc, takes 5-10mins in your car then you dont need it again.... could also "find" another disc like I have for 2007, but am on my way out of town tomorrow morning. If you still want, shoot me a msg in a week or 2 to remind me before I get back.

sgarph
10-29-08, 03:50 PM
Also in Calgary, a diamond white, 2008 CTS 4.

sgarph
10-30-08, 10:19 AM
anyone tried the gmcanada web mail?

4DoorGTZ
11-10-08, 05:20 PM
Also in Calgary, a diamond white, 2008 CTS 4.

Live south of fish creek park? I saw a beautiful white cts4 couple days ago, I was of course in my beater car so it was of no concern to the cts driver.... he was quite spirited, I remember he was in the fast lane, gaining speed and someone would change lanes over infront of him.... causing the cts to slow down, then go around that person. Only to get the same treatment again. I had a chuckle, but it let me see more of the car :) (nb on macleod)

4DoorGTZ
12-08-08, 09:46 PM
Hey BigBadBoss, I'm curious what kind of experiences you've had in the last couple snow/icy filled days in the V with winter tires.... I recall stability/traction control doing a good job on my car during an xmas break drive to the Dyno last year (just icy, no snow) But does the weight of the car and great brakes make for OMG stops?

bigbadboss101
12-08-08, 11:31 PM
I have Dunlop Wintersport M3 on mine. TC kicked in a couple times. I don't drive too crazy and it seems to be alright. It's my first RWD since my old 87 Supra Turbo, and then Fiero before that. Have to remember the rear swings out when I step on it. Haven't had to stop too quickly yet.

4DoorGTZ
04-20-09, 02:36 AM
Streets are dry, most snow from the shady areas is gone.... provided next week's forcasted snow isnt much the streets might be cleaned in the next few weeks and I wont worry about taking the V out.

Albertan
04-20-09, 12:38 PM
Took mine out for a road trip....to Houston Texas. Left Friday April 10 and returned Sunday April 19. 7724 KM total. Only saw two other V's, Platinum Westbound on I70 heading to Denver, I was East bound. Second on I45 just outside of Houston. Going same direction, I don't think he saw me.
Drove thru major rain storms coming back and diverted away from major Denver snow storm. Had to do major wash yesterday when I came back.
Oh I did see a V2 Black in Houston on West Grey Ave.

bigbadboss101
04-21-09, 07:50 PM
I think it's time for a meet. CTS or Caddy in general.

bigbadboss101
04-27-09, 02:06 PM
I backed up into someone last week and cracked my passenger tail light. Have packing tape on it now which is good temporarily. The dealer said the assembly is $7xx.xx Canadian and with labour it's going to be $850 ish. Will check the local wreckers and also Lindsay. I like to get it fixed instead of having tape on it but almost $900 Canadian is crazy.

Albertan
04-28-09, 01:06 AM
Ouch! I would think the tail lights would be the same as a regular CTS. You should have some luck with wreckers. I know there are none at Pick and Pull!

4DoorGTZ
04-29-09, 02:32 AM
Tail Light
Cadillac CTS RH,R.-A $D1512 $250.12
--Can--
$312.65 LKQ-Dominion Auto Recycling Can-ON(Stoney-Creek) E-mail: Daryl@DominionAuto.com 1-800-668-9593

^ Looks like $312 and its in Ontario (avoiding the border comotion) There's plenty in the states, even all the way down to $25....www.car-part.com

Albertan
05-01-09, 12:34 AM
I think someone in my neighbourhood has a Platinum V. Saw one parked in Douglas Square Sobeys when I stopped after work. I've seen it driving in Douglasdale and around 130th as well.

Zhariak
05-04-09, 10:59 AM
I think it's time for a meet. CTS or Caddy in general.

I'd be down!

ESV driver here (I know the thread is for only CTS-V d00dz).

I bet money I've seen all of you driving around, hahha.

Actually yesterday I saw a few CTS-Vs out and about on Macloud and 17th Ave...

4DoorGTZ
05-20-09, 08:12 PM
Anyone with a CTS-V that might be interested.... I currently have one spare 05 design rear axle (19k km on it), and will soon have a pair of 07 design axles with only about 3k km on them..... Should you be interested in spares for a good price gimmie a shout. And Albertan I'm getting my old diff opened up and cleaned out to see if the internals are at all damaged, you kinda seem to have lost interest in it.

Off to install my DSS axles :)

Albertan
05-25-09, 03:47 AM
4 door
I kept waiting til it was going to be warmer. Then everyone seemed to be talking about the new axles, I see you bought them. So I think I'll put that project on hold. Also, I just bought a 95 318IS BMW to rebuild for one of my kids. So far I have learned that the BMW engine is WAY more complicated than a GM. Our V's have diff issues. Those cars issues: Oil pump sucking air, radiator blowing up, water pump failing, fan blades explode and I haven't even got the engine out yet. I'll see what happened to this engine soon.

bigbadboss101
05-26-09, 12:04 PM
On days like the last few days how high did your oil and coolant temperature get up to? I noticed since my last oil change the oil temperature has been near 99c. It's less than the half way point but still higher than I have observed.

4DoorGTZ
05-27-09, 12:57 PM
Running laps at Race city last year it was 27c outside and we were doing 20min sessions. I got up as high as 114c oil temp, normal spirited driving I've seen 105c when its warm.

Albertan
05-30-09, 01:42 PM
Went over to the Corvette show at Shaganappi today. I went to park in regular parking lot and one of the Corvette Unlimited members came over to say I couldn't park there. A guy with him knew what the car was but this guy DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE!!! So I guess not only is it invisible to cops, it's invisible to Corvette owners as well! Needless to say I didn't stay where I wasn't wanted!

bigbadboss101
06-02-09, 03:33 PM
I saw a black CTS-V Monday June 1 on 10th Ave. Has "super charged" on the side. Looks good.

06-04-09, 12:47 AM
Just saw this post, I never have come into the Canadian forum before.

I have Platnium 2004 CTS-V with a Spector Works cf vented hood and lip, Maggie, kooks, corsa, Rota Torques, DSS axles, etc. I live in Mackenzie Town and work in Douglas Glen, so it could have been my V the Albertan saw - I usually pick up dinner at Sobey on shop night for the race car.

My V is at RCTS getting a dyno tune this week. Appaerently I have a couple issues before getting on the dyno. Lean in #4, malfunctioning intake temp sensor (reads -40C when it was +20C outside) and maybe an intake leak. That and Reg thinks the Magnunson tune that is in the car is pretty weak. If he figured out some of the issues today, he was going to run it on the Dyno early tomorrow morning.

Good to meet you all.

06-04-09, 12:52 AM
Hey GTZ,
Do you still have the firmware DVD? If so, can I please borrow it. My dad has an 07 Denali, I would image that DVD would work for maps?

55cadillacking
06-04-09, 01:05 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering if there were any plans to get the Calgary cars together? I was at the Home Depot on Macleod Trail where they were holding the Wednesday Night Drop-In and noticed a real lack of Caddy power. 'Stangs and 'Vettes everywhere though. Anyone interested in hitting it next Wednesday? June 10th.

bigbadboss101
06-04-09, 01:27 AM
I would think some of the Stang guys don't know about the CTS-V?

4DoorGTZ
06-04-09, 03:02 PM
Hey GTZ,
Do you still have the firmware DVD? If so, can I please borrow it. My dad has an 07 Denali, I would image that DVD would work for maps?

I did get rid of my extra one, and at one time tried to make a copy to no avail.... I still have some blank Dual Layer dvd's I could give it a try with.... gotta look into a better program to make the copy, I know it can be done cuz I used a copy a couple years back without any problems. Let me look into it and I'll see if I can get a working copy.

4DoorGTZ
06-04-09, 03:04 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if there were any plans to get the Calgary cars together? I was at the Home Depot on Macleod Trail where they were holding the Wednesday Night Drop-In and noticed a real lack of Caddy power. 'Stangs and 'Vettes everywhere though. Anyone interested in hitting it next Wednesday? June 10th.

Didnt know about the home depot lot, I know Wednesdays the "younger" and "ricier" crowd meets on the other side of Chinook (upper lot by Zellers)

Zhariak
06-04-09, 04:53 PM
Let's get a meet going! I have no CTS, but I'd love to come in my ESV

bigbadboss101
06-05-09, 02:14 AM
Check out this CTS-V. 550 rwhp?

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Cadillac-2005-Cadillac-CTS-V-W0QQAdIdZ128209958

4DoorGTZ
06-05-09, 01:29 PM
Thats not a V, at least that front bumper is from a base model, I swear Kijiji is just full of scams nothing actually for sale anymore. I saw a V for sale in calgary for $13000. Sob story about a divorce his wife kept the house he has the car, but he's in houston living with his parents, at 13k its a steal but he insists on going though Ebay and its "protection" well as far as I know ebay doesnt hold money in escrow (he was insisting they would) and that he wouldnt get paid until the car was shipped to me and I inspected it and "released" the money to him. Pile of crap I think

.... While typing this I got an email from my father about the same car on kijiji as you posted above, at least he gets lots of exposure.

4DoorGTZ
06-05-09, 09:39 PM
I did get rid of my extra one, and at one time tried to make a copy to no avail.... I still have some blank Dual Layer dvd's I could give it a try with.... gotta look into a better program to make the copy, I know it can be done cuz I used a copy a couple years back without any problems. Let me look into it and I'll see if I can get a working copy.

Created a couple more coasters.... its evident that I'm ether using the wrong blanks (brand, many ppl say to use a specific brand) or program, or both.

I'd be willing to lend it to you for a short period of time if you are certain you can make a copy. Alternativly.... there's probably newer discs out now if you know where to look.

55cadillacking
06-05-09, 11:20 PM
I saw some posters mentioning the Home Depot show will be relocating to Deerfoot Mall, but I can't recall exactly when that change will happen.

Never knew about the Zeller's parking lot show. Might have to check that out too.

So, is anyone interested in parking them in this show? I am going to, but it would be cool if there were a few of us.

Rick

4DoorGTZ
06-06-09, 11:52 AM
The zellers thing is less of a show and more just a get together from ppl over at www.beyond.ca

Albertan
06-08-09, 01:36 AM
I would think some of the Stang guys don't know about the CTS-V?

Heck, did you read my previous post about the Corvette club. Even they don't know about the V!

If it isn't snowing, I'll drive over to Home Depot. What time?

bigbadboss101
06-08-09, 10:50 AM
I went to a meet with people from Beyond.ca. Some good guys and gals. However, no love for the V. Peeps took lot of pictures of the Integras, RSX, 240s, STI etc. A somewhat stock CTS-V didn't get much attention except for may be 2 guys out of 50?

Albertan
06-09-09, 06:32 PM
Big bad
See, it is invisible to the younger crowd as well. Maybe we need to put a big ass wing on the back and neon lights underneath? You do it first though...
Oh wait 22" rims and lambo doors too. (Good thing I'm not in the V section or I'd be banned!)

bigbadboss101
06-09-09, 07:25 PM
I'll up for going to the Home Depot on this Wednesday, if indeed it's still there. Chinook right?

55cadillacking
06-09-09, 09:59 PM
Cool. I know it's moving to Deerfoot Mall, but not sure when. I guess we can meet up at the Chinook Home Depot, and if it has moved, we could continue on to Deerfoot Mall. I'm thinking 7:00.

EDIT: As of June 10th, the Wednesday Night Drop-In has been moved to Deerfoot Mall.

bigbadboss101
06-09-09, 10:21 PM
Ok, I can drop by Deerfoot. Probably NW corner? If nothing going on then I go shopping, lol.

55cadillacking
06-10-09, 12:17 AM
Not sure where, but the NW parking lot does seem biggest iirc. We should meet a little bit away from the crowd and then roll in together so we can park them alongside each other. I'll be there at 7.

Rick

bigbadboss101
06-10-09, 01:06 AM
We can always meet by the Petro Canada just West of Deerfoot on 64th. May be post this in the other Calgary thread too. Yeah I can be there at Petro around 7.

55cadillacking
06-10-09, 02:39 AM
That sounds good. Meet up at the Petro on 64 ave first at 7:00. See you there.

06-10-09, 07:19 PM
GTZ- No wrries on the disc. I likely will not get a copy correct either.

Zhariak
06-10-09, 07:40 PM
So is this meet tonight just for CTS?

By the way, there is a Beyond.ca meet tonight at Chinook, I say we get Caddy vs RICERZ

bigbadboss101
06-10-09, 07:49 PM
No come on out to Deerfoot. See what kind of turnout there is and go from there.

Zhariak
06-10-09, 08:14 PM
I'm driving a ESV, not CTS for me, am I still welcome?

And where is deerfoot mall? Or are we talking Deerfoot meadows?

bigbadboss101
06-10-09, 08:24 PM
Deerfoot mall is in the NE. Take Deerfoot Trail North to 64th Ave turnoff. We are meeting at the Petro Canada on 64th an Huntersomesomething road at 7. So go N on Deerfoot, take 64th turnoff and go West. You will see a Petro Can on your right, just after the Canadian Tire.

Will then head over to Deerfoot mall and see how that meet turns out.

Zhariak
06-10-09, 08:30 PM
How many Caddy drivers comin?

4DoorGTZ
06-10-09, 11:08 PM
Meh, not gonna drive across the whole city... $70 to fill the beast today, geeze. Then my favorite part, buy the touchless carwash drive around the station to see its CLOSED. FFS if its closed dont offer them at the pump!

55cadillacking
06-10-09, 11:17 PM
Well, two of us turned out tonight. I liked the show. Great atmosphere, very casual and a real variety of cars. I REALLY think we should polish up all the different Caddies and claim our rightful spots next Wednesday. What say you all? Let's do it!

Nice meeting you Alan. See you next week.

~ Rick

bigbadboss101
06-12-09, 10:06 PM
Nice meeting you too Rick. Very nice STS-V. Have to see your other car sometime.

We should have a Caddy meet regardless.

bigbadboss101
06-18-09, 12:01 PM
Alright, I took my 2004 CTS-V to GSL Chevy city.

Last time I took the car into local dealership and they gave me quotes on the following:

- PS return hose leak and rack boot?? leak. Lady said it's ok if I keep
topping up the fluid to skip this fix. Estimate $2,200 Cdn !!

- Cracked right tail lights. $700

I did not get either of the repairs done as I can find pieces for cheaper, and skip the PS fix.

Today I took the car in as it has front end noises and I told them it could be motor mount or bushings/suspensions. Estimates:

- Motor Mount ~$500 for parts (2) and >$600 for labour. Seriously can it be 5 or 6 hours of work?

- Tranny solenoid is leaking. Not quite sure where/what this is. She
said the transmission level and condition is fine. ~$700 P&L.

So, depending what the issue is with the suspension noise (they are still checking as I type this message) I am thinking I can do better on the rest of the fixes. The suspension I like to get fixed as I am driving out of town soon.
Motor mount I will do next but would find another shop and see what they charge.

Any opinions are welcomed.

bigbadboss101
06-18-09, 12:03 PM
Has anyone dealt with independent repairs shops with success?

Albertan
06-18-09, 04:27 PM
Motor mounts buy new style UUC from Luke at Lindsay. I do all my own work so I can't help with independent garage. Other hard parts try Rockauto.com they are advertising on billboards here in town. They sell stuff fairly inexpensively.

bigbadboss101
06-19-09, 01:31 PM
Hey I am testing the water with my car. Don't really want a winter car and the Caddy so thinking I should get a car that is good all year.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=267698

bigbadboss101
06-19-09, 03:32 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/267698/fs-2004-cadillac-cts-v/

4DoorGTZ
06-19-09, 04:57 PM
Had a gentleman in a corvette get my attention at a set of lights, he noticed the black smoke when I was on it hard. (yes I know it needs a tune) and he offered me his services for free (pay for the liscense of course though) I just gotta get the tune files from StealthV if he even still exists..... YAY for grabbing people's attention and YAY for nice car buffs :)

bigbadboss101
06-19-09, 06:34 PM
You got me, what service ? His shop to get your car straighten out?

4DoorGTZ
06-19-09, 11:26 PM
Tuning

nuck
06-21-09, 01:39 AM
Possible new CTS-V buyer here. Has anyone seen a Silver 05 at Stampede Pontiac? Only 32k on it and they are asking $28998. Is that a pretty good price for the year and mileage? Thanks for any responses.

4DoorGTZ
06-21-09, 01:24 PM
Seems about an average price.... there's a few listed on the autotrader for a couple grand less but have more then double the km's, BigBadBoss101's is significantly cheaper (link above) but has over 110k, so it depends if you're looking for a bargain and will live with higher milage or seems like you've found the lowest milage for a decent price around. There was an 07 on autotrader but $38k and 20k km.

Might be worth becoming a supporting member and getting your VIN information from the thread in the 04-07 ctsv section, will show more detailed info about any service work done on the car, and well of course I'd also suggest a carfax/carproof for safety (depending if it was an american/canadian car) I bought mine knowing it was beat on and raced but had proof besides what the seller said with that vin check, he blew the first diff at 5k miles.

bigbadboss101
06-21-09, 01:59 PM
There is one black one in autotrader that is modified. I thought that was yours 4doorgtz.

nuck
06-21-09, 03:00 PM
I am looking for one with fairly low mileage to use as a DD. I have a new job that will involve another 1000k of highway travel each month. I don't have huge faith in GM reliability and 05s have little or no warranty left so 50k or less.
I did see the modded black one from Ontario and I am a little interested. But not sure how I would like the modded exhaust noise and I see it has gears which probably makes it a bit worse in the winter. There is also a well priced low mileage 06 in TO but not a fan of the red.

Albertan
06-23-09, 06:40 PM
I use mine for a lot of highway driving. It is stock but for the shifter and CAGS. It is nice and quiet on the road and I get great mileage as long as I'm under 120K. ie less than 10 litre/100KM. Best I did was 27 mpg USA on the way to Vegas in May. I wouldn't even think of using it as a daily driver in the winter though. Last winter I bought a 92 Ford Escort 5 spd for $400. I put $100 into it drove it for about a month and sold it to a guy I know and he is still driving it.
I drive my truck in the winter (about 9 months of the year!)
You would probably be able to find one in the US for less money but then you would have to drive it back, open highway driving sounds good to me!

nuck
06-23-09, 11:11 PM
I looked at the one at Stampede today. Low K but there was evidence of back seat use, like maybe kids. No big wear of course because of the mileage. It has Pirellis on instead of EMTs and a crack in the front fascia. Some 30k cars are stilll almost like new but this one had kind of a hamster cage smell:) Still under warranty until April 10 though so I will have to have another look once it is detailed. The warranty makes it a bit more attractive.

I drove my Jag XJR in the winter and on Pirelli P Zeros so it can be done. That car was a bit heavier and had an auto though. I actually have a winter beater but that was because I have a Vette. Except for rock and salt I can't see leaving the nice wheels at home if the car isn't plastic. Do you park the Caddy to protect the paint or because it doesn't drive well? The factory F1s are the same as on the old Z06 except those weren't EMT. Awful tires except for dry pavement.:)
I am from Edmonton where the streets are like goat paths so I am hoping the southern AB roads will be kinder.
I have bought a few cars from the States but the savings on the CTS-V, once you pay exchange and GST, isn't worth the trouble right now. Canadian prices are very good right now and inspections and shipping from out of country can add another couple thousand to the tab. Last spring I bought my Vette, a supercharged 2002 convertible, from Arizona and drove it back. A really nice trip. I might drive a Caddy back from Vancouver or Winnipeg but that's about it.

06-24-09, 02:20 PM
The is V is drivable in winter if you have "knack" for it and dont live on an acerage or up a steep hill. I put rock gaurd on the front and a set of winters on (bliazack LM25).
I actually enjoyed it more in the snow that my previuos car, a Froester XT with AWD. But I like to be engaged with I drive.

4DoorGTZ
06-24-09, 03:14 PM
Well my V is gonna be spending a couple weeks sitting at Jack Carter's..... blew the power steering rack a couple days ago and its 10business days to wait for the parts. They were nice enough to honor the warranty wich had expired 11 days prior. Guess thats it for my warranty work though.

4DoorGTZ
07-15-09, 01:44 AM
Sigh, still no parts.....

4DoorGTZ
07-30-09, 08:09 PM
Well my parts have taken soo long to arrive that 1 of 2 options remains and 1 option can be dismissed.
The parts have not been lost in shipping....
The parts probably NEED TO BE MADE and thus incur a long waiting time
Worst case the mfg/supplier of all or some of the parts in the steering rack went belly up and/or no longer deals with Government Motors.

My other option is to get in contact with an American dealership and see if I can find someone with the part in stock.... crossing my fingers for Lindsay Caddilac.

Albertan
07-31-09, 03:51 AM
Should be able to get the steering gear from any wrecked CTS?

4DoorGTZ
07-31-09, 07:51 AM
Its a different part#, and actually cheaper then the 2 that are available for the base/base with FE1

4DoorGTZ
07-31-09, 09:40 AM
Man I should just have Luke @ Lindsay cadillac be my surrogate car care guy. I tell him whats wrong he takes care of me by telling the locals what to do and whats up.

Turns out There are none of the rack anywhere, he's had one on order since June 4th and another same time as me. He knew to put them as "spac" (rush) orders right away and as such is at the front of the line should any show up. At least he was able to find out that there is a past due notice on the part number with an update scheduled for Aug 14th, so I'm definetly without the car all of August now.... Time to squeeze a rental out of the dealership now that I need to do repairs to my DD.

So much for having a "summer car"

Albertan
08-01-09, 01:21 AM
Oh it is probably a different gear ratio on the base cars. You would think that there would be some racks from V wrecks somewhere? I'd be tempted to put the plain rack in. At least you would have a car. (I've put 23,000km on mine since April. Houston once, Las Vegas twice)

4DoorGTZ
08-02-09, 12:14 AM
HAHA, my car has a total just over 23000km

Albertan
08-02-09, 06:19 PM
See, that's what happens when you don't drive it, seals get dried out and leak etc. I love road trips. Great gas mileage 24+ miles per US gallon at 75+mph.
I think once I was driving 60ish and hit about 27 average for a tank. That's almost as good as my 1975 Vega!

ABRS
08-04-09, 10:26 AM
Message for Calgary memeber

Just want to share some High Performance Track Day info for everyone (Aug 28 and Oct 1)

ABRS offers Introductory Road Car School Lapping and Advanced Road Car Lapping at Race City Speedway. This includes professional instruction and training with Chief Instructor Allen Berg and the ABRS team. Learn about vehicle handling dynamics and explore the limits of your road car in a safe and exciting environment. Thinking about a day off to drive at the track and meet other car enthusiasts? Come and join us for the next dates!

ABRS
08-04-09, 10:32 AM
For more info please visit our web-page

ABRS
08-04-09, 10:34 AM
allenbergracingschools

Albertan
08-06-09, 07:24 PM
Allen
You are preaching to the converted. I've been out 5 times now and 4drGTZ has been out once.
Bruce
Gotta try another day this year.

4DoorGTZ
08-06-09, 08:52 PM
I was planning to go to some track day this year, GM seems to have different plans for me. Even my dd backup is out of commission now due to a kinked tranny cooler line while replacing a radiator. My next car will not be GM, they've lost me after the V is gone.

bigbadboss101
08-11-09, 02:08 PM
Ok folks, I might be picking up another car so mine is up for grabs. Let me know if you know someone who is interested in this performance vehicle. Price is negotiable for course.

Vehicle Details
Year : 2004
Make and Model : Cadillac CTS-V
Exterior Color : Silver
Interior Color : Black
Auto or Manual? : Manual
Odometer Reading : ~111000 km
Location of Vehicle : Calgary
Description :
Extras : See below
Asking Price : $22,900

Contact Information
E-Mail : bigbadboss101@shaw.ca
Phone :

Description:

2004 Cadillac CTS-V
Silver with black interior
~111,000 km

5.7L LS6 V8 SFI – 400 H.P.
6 speed TREMEC™ manual transmission
BREMBO™ vented disk brakes
Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
Traction Control System (TCS)
Driver controlled Automatic Stability Control (ASC)
Front and side impact air bags
Cold weather package including heated seats and mirrors
Dual zone automatic climate control
Power windows, locks, mirrors, trunk
Power driver and front passenger seats with memory settings
Power sunroof
Cadillac Navigation system
GM ONSTAR™ system
Driver information centre
Keyless entry
Security system
BOSE™ premium sound system with 6 disk “in-dash” CD player and RBDS
Cruise control
Xenon headlights
Halogen fog lamps
Auto dimming rear view mirror
HOMELINK™ wireless control

Extras:

-18” CTS-V alloy rims with Falken 452 performance tires (3,000 km) and Dunlop Wintersport M3 performance winter tires (5,000 km)

- UUC shifter

- Magnaflow exhausts

- Recently replaced brakes, rotors, and water pump

- First gear CAGS fixed, and dyno tuned at Davenport

- Tinted windows

Reason for selling:

Great, fun car to drive. Sharp looking and roomy.
Looking for an AWD vehicle.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/bigbadboss101/CTS-V/IMG_0168.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/bigbadboss101/CTS-V/IMG_0169.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/bigbadboss101/CTS-V/IMG_0170.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/bigbadboss101/CTS-V/IMG_0172.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/bigbadboss101/CTS-V/IMG_0173.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/bigbadboss101/CTS-V/IMG_0175.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/bigbadboss101/CTS-V/IMG_0176.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/bigbadboss101/CTS-V/IMG_0177.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/bigbadboss101/CTS-V/IMG_0178.jpg

CTSVmapper
10-09-09, 08:09 PM
What gains did you get at this davenport place?

CTSVmapper
10-10-09, 12:39 PM

never
10-19-09, 05:33 PM
I have the car now. The dyno sheet shows a 20 hp gain or so.

4DoorGTZ
10-25-09, 01:37 AM
Since I've saved so much money on gas by not driving the V (insert hollow laugh) I went ahead and ordered a set of UUC 2pc front rotors and some matching 1pc for the rear with Hawk pads. I can just imagine what the stock rotors look like after sitting outside for 4mo. 14lbs less for the steering rack to move, if I ever get a replacement. Gawd I wish GM was on the hook for a rental car this whole time, then they'd be itching to get my car out.

70vette
11-30-09, 05:33 PM
Hey Guys, I'm new to the crowd - just picked up my V a few weeks ago - 05 black. I don't have any warranty do you have any shops you recommend for work? Also who's had dyno tuning experience? and where did you go? is davenport the only ones to take a V to?

Albertan
12-02-09, 05:40 PM
Congratulations on the V. You will enjoy it in the summer time, winter time not so much. I have mine resting now.
As far as someone working on these cars....How good are you at wrenching?
Pretty sure most dealerships have seen VERY few of these cars. I did have good luck at GSL for a warranty clutch issue. Follow this forum for solutions to any problems. You'll probably have to tell the mechanic what is wrong and how to fix! As far as dyno tuning, anyone that is good with Corvettes should be able to do it. I'm keeping mine stockish so I don't have reliability issues.

4DoorGTZ
12-09-09, 10:35 PM
Dropped off my V for the blown steering rack June 24th, picked it up tonight. WOW that was a handful driving home on Michelin Pilot Sport PS/2's in the weather, had to keep it rolling and leave a large gap in front so I wouldnt get stuck at a stand still. Made it home to get stuck in the driveway :(

Saw another Black/Black (tint) V at Jack Carters waiting for service.... maybe they do get to see the V quite regularly :)
Now to wait for a nice and dry day where I can sneak to the carwash and back to cover up the car, its currently defrosting in the underground parkade.

s-cam
01-04-10, 12:16 AM
Guys,
Just wanted to introduce myself-i have an 05 black on black V. Bought it in the summer out of Calgary. I live in Airdrie. Car had a supercharger and exhaust cutouts on it. I dont think it had an easy life. The car lasted me about 4000KMs and 2 of the pistons broke so now I am doing a new motor and supercharger combination. should have the car together for the spring. Any recommendations for a dyno tuner in Calgary?
Thanks
Sheldon

4DoorGTZ
01-06-10, 02:27 PM
Either Davenport or RCTS. I have a feeling Reg @ RCTS has seen that car before, he spoke of a black V w/SC that he'd worked on when mine was in there for the headers/exhaust.

Your story/experience is exactly why I think I'm staying with my HUGE pulley, at most go down to a 2.8 or 2.9, power is great, but so is a motor in one piece..... When I'm rolling in dough I'd rebuild the engine for higher hp/tq like I'm sure you have (over stock)

70vette
01-25-10, 05:02 PM
Does anyone have a NAV system firmware upgrade disc i can borrow? Mine is stuck in Michigan

octaneman
04-01-10, 08:51 AM
Hi Everyone, just started driving my 2010 CTS-V, had it for 3 months, flatdecked the car with 9kms, heat cycled the drivtrain and engine on our dyno and then let her rip - 472HP at the wheels - Automatic.;)

Mods starting soon, American Racing headers, LPE upper pulley kit, lower pulley kit and custom tuning, hoping for another 60-80 at the wheels.

We have been playing around with these CTS-V's for a bit, but want to do our car to document the gains thru each step. Hopefully we will have a complete breakdown of HP gains thru each step.

This car is an absolute blast to drive. Very solid and responsive.:)

Steve

4DoorGTZ
04-26-10, 12:24 AM
Grr for starting with 472 at the wheels.

Canviper
03-18-12, 04:13 PM
I'm bringing this thread back from the dead. Just wondering if many 09+ CTS-V owners have done much tuning to there V in the last year and a bit. Curious on what they did and where they
got all there work done. And were the happy with the install and new found performance?