: is the HT4100 compatible to swap out for a 5.0L or a 5.7L?

84delegance
10-06-08, 10:04 PM
i have had this vehicle for a project car and been working on it for a while now and was wondering if it would be possible to swap for a larger motor. Body and interior are in very good shape and just wanted to fix any problems with the engine i am having fuel problems with the vehicle and don't know where to start checking. i want more power anyway so i wanted to swap out for a bigger engine if possible. ill even settle for a fixing the HT4100 if i can for a good while

N0DIH
10-07-08, 10:21 AM
Make me an offer on my 94 Fleetwood. Make a KILLER drivetrain for it.... Complete car....

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=4414&sort=1&cat=8&page=1

Car can make it anywhere.... Runs fantastic... LT1 would drop in, as long as you have high pressure fuel now (43.5 psi) LT1 is happy as a clam. Engine/Trans, and with radiator and factory axle, you can make that HT4100 car a 7000 lb tow package car....

i have had this vehicle for a project car and been working on it for a while now and was wondering if it would be possible to swap for a larger motor. Body and interior are in very good shape and just wanted to fix any problems with the engine i am having fuel problems with the vehicle and don't know where to start checking. i want more power anyway so i wanted to swap out for a bigger engine if possible. ill even settle for a fixing the HT4100 if i can for a good while

84delegance
10-07-08, 06:00 PM
what is all wrong with it ? and that is alot of miles on the engine man and that is along way from where i stay down in portsmouth virginia

N0DIH
10-07-08, 06:33 PM
For an LT1, not a lot of miles. They commonly go 2x-4x that. It runs great, rides sweet, just got some rust and I drive 150 miles a day to work and back and 19-19.5 city/highway vs 25-27 city/highway just made more sense. It adds up bloody quick.

37500 miles a year, that is 1973 gallons @ 19 mpg, and @ 3.80 a gallon, that is $7500. This is the LT1
37500 miles a year, that is 1500 gallons @ 25 mpg, and @ 4.00 a gallon, that is $6000. The new car requires premium, it is a 2000 Buick Park Ave with a 3800 SuperCharged engine.

Purely economics, I honestly like the Cadillac better.

84delegance
10-07-08, 06:44 PM
i would like to do something with it im headed to detroit for thanksgiving. what do you want for it?

N0DIH
10-07-08, 07:28 PM
It needs some rust repair (rear bumper, just over one wheel and edge of hood), summer tires (I have winters on now), front control arm bushings, rebuild the factory axle (which is out of the car with posi and fresh axles). I figured I would be better off spending money on newer car with better mpg than the FW. But when I drive the FW, I realize the ride is so much nicer, power is great, just overall better experience. The Buick does brake better (lighter car same size brakes) and is pretty fun with the SC engine.

84delegance
10-07-08, 07:32 PM
that sounds good man what would you take for it if i went that far to get the thing. you do think it would make a 15 hour trip don't you or maybe not? the thing sounds nice thjough

N0DIH
10-07-08, 08:20 PM
Would it make a 15 hour trip? With EASE. Doesn't burn oil, doesn't leak much at all (no drips, just damp under), wonderful power. I would not hesitate at all to take this car anyone, most people on here have some idea how much I drive. Lots... I bought it in Feb 2005 and retired it in May 2008 and drove 110K miles in that time. I put on a water pump Dec 2006, went through alternator I think just after that with new brushes, AC works, but bearing under pulley is dry, so it squeals with AC on. I completely flushed AC and refilled some time back, works very good. I keep TB clean. It is a V4P car so it has HD rad, mech fan, etc. It can tow 7000 lbs with 3.42's, I have 3.08s in it now so that safely is 5000 lb tow limit. I have a Class 2 hitch on, I think I used it once, but it is only good to 3500 lbs/350 lbs tongue.

It has factory duals, so the cross member can be adapted to the older car and duals can be made (not sure if these pipes will work). LT1's can flow a lot of air, so I would consider duals mandatory.

that sounds good man what would you take for it if i went that far to get the thing. you do think it would make a 15 hour trip don't you or maybe not? the thing sounds nice thjough

I am on the far west side of Chicago (rockford, il) and if you are going to Detroit, might be able to arrange something to meet somewhere in the middle.

84delegance
10-07-08, 09:13 PM
I'd like to do something with you. maybe check out somemore pictures or something the specs on the engine outputs are inpressive and hopefully you still have the vehicle around thanksgiving. is there some way i can get back to you though this forum or something?

N0DIH
10-07-08, 09:25 PM
Shoot me an email @ n0dih (at> att.net, I get the email right away in most cases.