He didn't say anything about a meteor hitting us. :hmm:

Vesicant
06-17-04, 05:07 PM
Kind of reminds me of stargate... :p

Elvis
06-17-04, 05:38 PM
Kind of reminds me of stargate... :p

Pay attention, Jeffery!

I watched hundreds of people get shot, burn and bleed to death. I know exactly where I was and every detail of the exact moment the first nuclear warheads began falling on Jacksonville. :helpless:

Vesicant
06-17-04, 05:40 PM
Actually, recalling once a ponder my dad and i had a long time ago in a discussion of time travel.. if it was possible to do it... the effects of the earth spinning would end up "landing" the person in a different area every time on earth. It would be possible to calculate where you would end up and make a spot in time to end up there. BUT, this would limit you to where you could go, vs the date you want to be at.

Example:
Your journey starts at say, Atlanta, Georgia on June 10th, 2004… your destination is January, 30th 2039 for some reason…

Over the period of 35 years, the earth has been constantly spinning.

Once you reach January 30th, 2039; it’s a wild card, predicting where you land at. Its possible you may end up miles and miles away from where you started. Even end up in say, Algeria (North Africa) or even in the Atlantic/Pacific ocean!

This would make it almost impossible for time travel to be of any use to go to important dates and times, to carry out your objective. Unless there was some sort of alternate transportation there to get to the destination... it wouldnt work.

And this device titor uses... i dont see a car strapped to it or anything like that :p

Vesicant
06-17-04, 05:41 PM
Pay attention, Jeffery!

I watched hundreds of people get shot, burn and bleed to death. I know exactly where I was and every detail of the exact moment the first nuclear warheads began falling on Jacksonville. :helpless:
Whats the world got against jacksonville? Maybe its me LOL.

Elvis
06-17-04, 05:55 PM
And this device titor uses... i dont see a car strapped to it or anything like that :p

First it was a 1967 Chevrolet, but he traded it during his visit here for some kind of 4X4. He said it had to have pretty tight suspension to handle the take-offs and landings.

I'll bet a lot of the early time travelers drowned, just like you suggested. :yup:

Dead Sled
06-17-04, 06:29 PM
other than the whole timetravel thing what do you think about his "predictions"?

RBraczyk
06-17-04, 06:44 PM
We got a looney...

shaggygrosser
06-17-04, 08:03 PM
It was pretty entertaining reading regardless. Real or not? Who cares! In the worst case, John Titor is an entertaining story from a very active imagination.

I couldn't help thinking of the movie "12 Monkeys" while I was reading it.

Elvis
06-17-04, 10:16 PM
Well, considering that he didn't really say anything about 9/11 or the impending doom we all face with Toutatis the killer komet from outer space, I'm not buying the time travel thing.

You also have to take into consideration the time that he started his posts. We were in the middle of what we thought at the time to be the biggest crisis this country had faced since Pearl Harbor--Florida 2000.

There was so much bitterness and hatred between the city dwellers and the rural folk, and the electoral maps were being posted all over the internet showing Bush's overwhelming victory if you went by acreage alone. I think they guy was probably a huge science fiction fan, very up-to-date on current events, and he possessed an extremely high level of intelligence.

The predictions could still turn out to be true, though. We do have another election that promises to be down to the wire.

But it is extremely entertaining to read, isn't it? I hope you all enjoyed it whether you agree or not. I got a big kick out of it the first time I saw it a few months ago.

D148L0
06-17-04, 11:51 PM
Well, considering that he didn't really say anything about 9/11 or the impending doom we all face with Toutatis the killer komet from outer space, I'm not buying the time travel thing.

You also have to take into consideration the time that he started his posts. We were in the middle of what we thought at the time to be the biggest crisis this country had faced since Pearl Harbor--Florida 2000.

There was so much bitterness and hatred between the city dwellers and the rural folk, and the electoral maps were being posted all over the internet showing Bush's overwhelming victory if you went by acreage alone. I think they guy was probably a huge science fiction fan, very up-to-date on current events, and he possessed an extremely high level of intelligence.

The predictions could still turn out to be true, though. We do have another election that promises to be down to the wire.

But it is extremely entertaining to read, isn't it? I hope you all enjoyed it whether you agree or not. I got a big kick out of it the first time I saw it a few months ago.
I'm hooked.

I consider that there is an infinitesimal probability (impossible is a word I don't like or use) that he is actually a time traveler, and I agree that must likely he just made up the whole thing. But as you said, it's a darn interesting scheme, it takes a rather large cientific knowledge and an above of average intelligence to create something like it (However, I think he has some inconsistencies). Fear in holocaust and its prediction is an excellent way to atract readers, and the guy was really good at making a lot of of them believe his stuff. It's like reading a "Caballo de Troya" (Troyan Horse, a J J Benitez book series that involves a time traveler that goes to Jesus era, I couldn't find it in english though) but for current issues.
Fact or fiction, it makes you think, and that is always good.

juiceE
06-18-04, 11:11 AM
lol...its amazing how this thing won't die....i read all of those post like a year ago....not that i was believing it, it was just a good read....all i think about all this, is, everyone should be prepared to at least be able to live on their own an support themselves without any outside help...we're all too reliant