: REMOVING TRIM??? On 90-92 BROUGHAMS

96BIG_BODY
10-06-08, 05:58 PM
whats the easiest way to remove trim along the doors and back without breaking or bending it? thanks

1990CaddyBrougham
10-06-08, 11:35 PM
Assuming your talking about the "euro" side cladding....

Doors, each have a 11mm? acorn nut on each end of the door, in the jamb. those come off. then with the door closed, pull those ends outso the stud clears the door without scratching it, and up it will slide.

Fenders, Two phillips head screws below the stainelss, and pull up.

Dog legs and rear quarters are much easier removing and installing with the stainless wheel wheel removed.
Dog leg i belived just pulls up, and the quarters have spring loaded clips in the rear quarter fillers, and then pull those straight up

96BIG_BODY
10-07-08, 12:14 AM
good to know thanks for the info on how to take those off also, but i was talking about the belt trim the one that goes all the way to the hood

VortecCaddy
10-08-08, 11:15 AM
I am also interested in finding out how to remove the trim that is closest to the windows. I am going to paint my car over the winter and I want all the trim removed when I do it.

96BIG_BODY
10-08-08, 02:20 PM
I am also interested in finding out how to remove the trim that is closest to the windows. I am going to paint my car over the winter and I want all the trim removed when I do it.

:thumbsup:, i could probably figure it out but just dont want to bend it or break while in the proccess, just wanting to get some tips on the easiest ways to teake em off

1990CaddyBrougham
10-08-08, 11:50 PM
The trim you talk of i just pop off my parts cars with a flat head (i dont have to worry about paint) The clips that hold these on are made of a better plastic, that doestn seem to break or get brittle like most do.

The hood has two speed nuts on each end, and pop clips in the middle portion.

96BIG_BODY
10-09-08, 03:29 PM
:cool2: