: Does anyone have Bluetooth, IPOD Kit, and JL Audio CleanSweep?

headman22
10-05-08, 10:22 PM
I am interested in installing these amenities over the winter months. I have had the car for three years now and am tired of the Bose system. While I am doing the wiring, dynamat, etc. I want to add everything at one time. I would like to speak to anyone who has done these mods before.

If you have an iPod kit and a Bluetooth kit installed, I would like to know what equipment you installed and if you have noticed any limitations or disappointments. I am not so concerned about the cleansweep, but want to know if the clean sweep interface has an iPod interface? I know it has an aux in, but I think that you have to 'drive' the iPod from the iPod itself, and not from the radio buttons. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Any input or advice would be appreciated on how to accomplish these three mods. Thanks for the help.

Dave

nickmorris92
10-06-08, 04:23 PM
I just installed the parrot ck3100 today and it is great it is great and the soud through the speakers is clear and the person on the other end can not tell I am not using my phone.

headman22
10-06-08, 11:50 PM
DO you have any other modifcations to the radio or is it stock? Also can you tell me if the Parrot would kit in the 'ashtray' section of the console?

Thanks

Dave

jnrandall
10-07-08, 09:01 AM
Sometime ago, I took a slightly different approach to achieve similar results.

I changed out the Bose door speakers for Infinity Kappa Series speakers.
Got a sub enclosure and amp for some extra bass while leaving the stock sub intact.
Got the PAC Audio iPod solution. This was one of the original models that requires one to disable the XM. The music is controlled by the iPod itself and it also charges it.
When I had a Palm Treo, I used the Motorola HF1000 Bluetooth car kit. This one contained it's own speaker so I didn't have to tap into the radio mute functions. When a call comes in, I turn the radio down.
Now I have an iPhone. So I use the simple BlueAnt Supertooth Light Bluetooth Portable Handsfree solution that clips on to the visor. For $89, this works great.

Overall, this has completely satified my audio and telephony needs. :thumbsup:

BacDoc
10-07-08, 10:02 AM
I bought a Jabra clip on Bluetooth thing. Works perfectly.

Vee
10-07-08, 11:00 AM
I have the ck3100 bluetooth kit by parrot. I like it, the only problem I have is when I'm talking to someone with me in the car it sometimes thinks I'm voice dialing and cuts my music out and goes into voice dial mode.

I also have an ipod kid that works great from mp3yourcar.com and is called the neo-prolink.