: Cubs Lose! Cubs Lose! Cubs Lose!

dkozloski
10-05-08, 01:20 AM
Says it all.

gary88
10-05-08, 01:22 AM
I wonder what they'll blame the choke on this year. Global warming perhaps?

93DevilleUSMC
10-05-08, 04:27 AM
There's a new speeding penalty system in Chicago. First offense, you have to choose between Cubs or Bears tickets. Second offense, they make you use them.

PatrickHMS
10-05-08, 05:49 AM
There's a new speeding penalty system in Chicago. First offense, you have to choose between Cubs or Bears tickets. Second offense, they make you use them.

I notice that you are from Georgia...

You may not remember the years in Atlanta, when the joke was that you could go to the mall, leave two tickets for the next Atlanta Falcon game under the wiper on your windshield (offering them to someone else for free), and when you got back to your vehicle, there would be another pair of unused tickets right beside them.

I remember when the Falcon ownership wanted a brand new Stadium, so they said they would "make their statement on the field", and the next Sunday they got blitzed by the LA Rams and lost by something like close to 50 points. They got their nice new Stadium. Seems it must take more than a Stadium to win a Championship, or they would have one by now.

The Atlanta Falcons once gave up on a QB they had on their roster, never thought he would amount to much, name was Brett Favre. He has been to two Superbowls, won one, while the Falcons without him have been to one, and won none. Favre is nowhere near my favorite pro QB, but Falcons don't seem to show such good judgement in their choice of QB's...lol

Falcons, Braves (14 straight Division Titles with only 1 Championship to show for it isn't that great an average), Hawks, Flames - Atlanta ain't exactly known for it's Professional Sports Championships either.

At least the weather is better down here than in Chicago.

The college sports teams around here are much more interesting to me than any of the pro teams.

c5 rv
10-05-08, 08:13 AM

The Bears have their freebie today.

Brett
10-05-08, 11:05 AM

Just to clarify, Atlanta is the town that cant sell out Braves PLAYOFF games and the football team has never had consecutive winning seasons right?

93DevilleUSMC
10-05-08, 08:36 PM
There is a bumer sticker down here that says "Go Braves! Take the Hawks and Thrashers with you!" In Fulton County, they have replaced life incarceration with being locked in a cell and being forced to watch Braves games for ten years.

gary88
10-05-08, 08:42 PM
Sox win today :w00t:

Hey what time is the Cubs game tomorrow? Oh wait... :rofl: