: Body Shop Nightmare

Jon
10-04-08, 12:44 AM
http://my350z.com/forum/lounge-off-topic/389628-horrible-body-shop-experience-details-inside-350z-ruined.html

Wow... Just... I can't even believe that.

The Tony Show
10-04-08, 03:21 AM
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii137/the_tonyshow/SiskoAnimated.gif

c5 rv
10-04-08, 09:23 AM
I didn't read the whole thing. Did he check out the bodyshop and their references before starting this adventure?

Rolex
10-04-08, 10:23 AM
I read the whole thing and WTF? :pwn:

Here's the cliff notes: the car owner heard mixed reviews about the body shop owner, but got a "CHEAP" estimate and decided to use the guy anyway. The body shop guy took 2 weeks to do the work after estimating it would take 2-3 days. The body shop guy also charged him $500-600 more then he originally estimated the job would cost. But who installs a body kit and paints it for $200 anyway???? That was the FIRST RED FLAG imo. :thehand: Even at $700 for that kind of install and paint it was cheap. He got exactly what he paid for. The body work was horrific. The kit didn't fit the car, so the body shop guy dremeled the kit to make it fit (without giving the car owner an opportunity to return the kit for the correct one). He also jacked up the car's doors to clear the body kit. In doing so he created very uneven body lines and dented the bottom of the doors. The kit had also big uneven gaps in it (pictured), and it was attached to the factory bumpers with WOOD SCREWS (lmao) and epoxy (so it isn't coming off without a fight)! The paint was worse. The deluxe orange peel-finish didn't match the factory color, had obvious runs everywhere, and was already flaking off the day it came out of the spray booth (bad prep & bad cure). The cherry on top was the ENTIRE car surface (tires, headlights, etc) was covered in a generous coating of overspray.

In a nutshell the guy's car has THOUSANDS of dollars in damage to the body and finish because of an amateur install.

That looks like some trailer park body shop work there my friends. I'd lawyer up, get several estimates to fix the damage done and restore it to factory, and sue that bastage for every dime. Folks, that's why you don't go bargain shopping for a body shop. I wouldn't take my vehicle to anybody I heard "mixed reviews" about, especially when they quote $200 for body and paint work.

dkozloski
10-04-08, 12:42 PM
He got what he paid for.

CadillacSTS42005
10-04-08, 01:00 PM
^ truth...

and this is why for body work i take it to my cousin b.c he wont screw me...

Night Wolf
10-04-08, 11:41 PM
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii246/CrimsonRockett/DSCF0330.jpg

I don't seem to be able to locate the dent, or improperly installed body kit he speaks of....

Rolex
10-04-08, 11:47 PM
I don't seem to be able to locate the dent, or improperly installed body kit he speaks of....

I can't either....

....with my eyes closed. :rolleyes:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-05-08, 12:54 AM
Wow, that is horrible. Did anyone else read any of the AIM conversations? The guy doing the body work talked like he was retarded.

"Wait, why is the body all wavy like that? Apparently, he drilled the kit onto the bumper, then bondo'd over the holes." :eek:

"Wait wait wait...what's this? Is that WOOD? I didn't know cars still used wood!" :histeric:

Two best pics, right here.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii246/CrimsonRockett/DSCF0321.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii246/CrimsonRockett/DSCF0327.jpg

peddler
10-05-08, 01:03 AM
<Rolex> Folks, that's why you don't go bargain shopping for a body shop.

So true, Rolex.

One thing I've learned after 50 years is that, "the cheap guy always ends up paying twice!" With added stress and aggravation, I might add.

dkozloski
10-05-08, 01:23 AM
It's so easy to find a good body shop. Ask the guys who have beautifully done cars, who did the work. In any locality there are guys that have the reputation. If you don't have the money for the best work, save your money until you do.

Jon
10-05-08, 01:30 AM
It's so easy to find a good body shop. Ask the guys who have beautifully done cars, who did the work. In any locality there are guys that have the reputation. If you don't have the money for the best work, save your money until you do.
Apparently the guy did have a good rep and did do nice work in the past.

Dunno what happened to him.

Night Wolf
10-05-08, 01:34 AM
Apparently the guy did have a good rep and did do nice work in the past.

Dunno what happened to him.

haha... as my friend phrased it in an IM....

AIM: "I had seen Mike's GREAT work, and I had seen Mike's bad work."
AIM: ok.. let me try and understand this because im having trouble here...
AIM: someone who does work like that, IS NOT CAPABLE of great work
AIM: lol
AIM: its not like oh. I had a bad day
AIM: more like yes, I am an idiot

dkozloski
10-05-08, 02:26 AM
There was a guy around here that did great work until he started putting all his money up his nose. It was not good after that.

I'd say this guy was drunk or stoned.