: '04 Escalade Steering Wheel Control wire

army5
10-01-08, 10:17 PM
I'm trying to finish my install for an aftermarket radio. I have a JVC KW-AVX710 installed with a PeripheralElectronics GMAH24B GM Class II OnStar and Bose Interface adapter.

Everything appears to be working as should be with the exception of the steering wheel controls. I have PeripheralProducts SWC interface PESWIAKJC that is compatible with my head unit. The instructions state that my SWC wire is a light green. I located a total of 6 green wires. 3 at the factory radio wiring harness and 3 at the steering wheel column. I tried them all with no success.

So, is one of these the SWC wire and I've got another problem or is the wire a different color all together?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I believe this is something I can tackle if I have the right SWC wire to work with.

Jeff

Cliff8928
10-02-08, 02:36 PM
It's class 2 based in your Escalade. You have to pick up the steering wheel controls at the BCM. Connector 3 (brown) Pin A7 (light green wire)

army5
10-02-08, 03:54 PM
Can you clarify a bit more. What/where is the BCM? Is this where I'll find connector 3 (brown) Pin A7 (light green wire)?

Cliff8928
10-06-08, 12:42 AM
BCM = Body Control Module

It's located to the right of the steering column behind the knee bolster (the trim under the column) It has 6 electrical connectors on it (3 on each side?). They're designated by connector (C) number C1 is a 6-pin "Natural" coloured connector, C2 is 24 pin and Grey, C3 is 24 pin and brown, C4 is 24 pin and light blue, C5 is 6 pin and black, C6 is 16 pin and purple.

Each of the positions on the 6 pin connectors pins are labelled A through F. The larger ones have two rows (A and B) and a pin number. I believe they're numbered on the connector, either way you're looking for Connector 3 which is brown, and the light green wire in position A7. There are two light green wires in that connector.