: DeVille D'Elegance radio problem

boba
10-01-08, 09:54 PM
I've got '97 Deville D'Elegance. It has only radio+cassette without CD player. So I went to scrap and found one Deville radio from '00 Deville. When I connected the thing for the first time, I saw DIC "theft, car may not restart". Screen on the new radio is blank. The only response I could get from this radio is time display (if I press "hour" button) and I can hear CD eject noise if I press "eject".

My question is: Is it a dead radio, or is it something else ? It does not show "LOC" or "INOP" or anything else.

Searching this forum did not help.

If I need to, I can get access to Tech2+SPS software.

still_walkin
10-03-08, 02:20 AM
Sounds like a dealer job

boba
10-03-08, 05:50 PM
Sounds like a dealer job

Very helpful...

The point is to do it myself. If I just wanted new radio -- I would just buy it at local dealership.

boba
10-03-08, 06:02 PM
I've got '97 Deville D'Elegance. It has only radio+cassette without CD player. So I went to scrap and found one Deville radio from '00 Deville. When I connected the thing for the first time, I saw DIC "theft, car may not restart". Screen on the new radio is blank. The only response I could get from this radio is time display (if I press "hour" button) and I can hear CD eject noise if I press "eject".

My question is: Is it a dead radio, or is it something else ? It does not show "LOC" or "INOP" or anything else.

Searching this forum did not help.

If I need to, I can get access to Tech2+SPS software.

By now question is evolved to "how to connect tech2 to TIS200" via serial cable. Even more: how to add Tech2 driver to TIS2000.

boba
10-05-08, 01:42 PM
By now question is evolved to "how to connect tech2 to TIS200" via serial cable. Even more: how to add Tech2 driver to TIS2000.

From another forum:

Here are the steps that you must take with the tech 2 to access the vin relearn.

To program the Navigation Radio RPO URB, select the Tech 2 path below....
Vehicle Control Systems/Computer-Integrating Systems/Module Set Up/Navigation Radio/Vin Relearn
To program the CD/MP3 radio RPO US8 or 6disc in dash US9 Radio, select the Tech2 path below.
Vehicle Control Systems/Computer-Integrating Systems/Module Set Up/Radio/Radio Set Up. Once the radio set up is completed, perform the vin relearn.

But in my case it appears, that the new radio itself was either dead or is not supported by the older car computer.