: cheap, cheap, cheap

justgreat
10-01-08, 09:17 AM
when i bought my sts i inquired with the dealer if they made a trunk mat and found out that they didn't. i had kept the mat from my seville which i had been using in the sts but the fit was way off. so...i went to costco and picked up a rug door mat whichmeasured out at 36 by 60 inches. with a ruler, marker, a pair of scissors and a whole lot of measuring and get it right, i have a mat that looks tailor made for the car...the only thing missing is the caddy logo.

the trunk on the sts measures out to 41.5 inches in depth and 49 inches at the widest section. after my cuts, i ended up with 5 inch section right behind the rear seat that wasn't covered...i took the sectioncut off the end of the mat and used that to cover the remaining trunk floor.

the rug portion of the mat perfectly matches the material used in the sts'strunk. cost? 19.50 with the tax...i love it.

jackg
06 sts6

Lifer
10-01-08, 01:07 PM
Need pictures.:tisk:

c5 rv
10-01-08, 01:21 PM
http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/accessories_details/vehicle_search/Cadillac/2008/STS/Floor%20Mats%20-%20Cargo%20Premium%20Vinyl/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1%5Btype%5D=gm

miked
10-01-08, 03:54 PM
I got the Weathertech one, which is a perfect fit.

rb92gt
10-01-08, 06:57 PM
May have to look into that as the stock spare tire cover does not currently fit in my trunk well as I have a full size spare (bought 17 inch matching wheel off ebay). The spare tire cover fits upside down, but then your trunk floor is not very flat.

miked
10-02-08, 01:31 AM
by the way, one neat feature of the weathertech is that the mat includes little "nubs" to fit over the corresponding cargo net tie-downs in the trunk. I cut off two of the nubs so that I can use the mat with the cargo net.