: Should have done this sooner

Rolex
06-16-04, 11:49 PM
Hello to all. I guess I should have introduced myself before I went poking my nose into forums.

My handle is Rolex. I'm a proud Arkansas boy (born and raised). I am a late 20's professional who recently finished grad school. My graduation gift to myself was a 2003 Cadillac Escallade. I found this site surfing around to gather more info on the escallade before I bought it. My new ride has a red exterior with chrome wheels and the gold pkg. It's an AWD model...which will come in handy this winter. Two days after driving off of the lot I got the front windows tinted for the summer. My wife looks forward to having the dvd player on long trips.

My parents are old Cadillac owners...currently driving a fine 2001 silver STS. I guess you could say they turned me onto the idea of driving a Cadi. I test drove lots of different, and very nice vehicles, but once I drove the escallade my decision was made.

I am a car nut (especially Cadi). I love everything about cars. I hope I can learn some factoids from this community of Cadillac nuts, and in return maybe I have some info that might prove to be useful to one of you.

Ralph
06-16-04, 11:54 PM
:welcome:Rolex, I wear a Tissot, close enough? :D There is a lot of info here, and easily the best car forum on the planet! People are willing to help others here.

CADDYBLACK99
06-17-04, 08:29 AM
Welcome Rolex!

The Escalade so very nice. Thanks for the kind words and we are glad to hear to found the information helpful. Congrats on your recent graduation!
Thanks for signing up with us.
:welcome:
Paul

Elvis
06-17-04, 11:00 AM
I've read some of your posts, and I can say with confidence that you are a welcome addition, Rolex. But be careful, this can be addictive.

Congrats on your recent graduation and "gift!"

Where in AR are you? I'm a little ways across the river from you.

Rolex
06-17-04, 11:36 AM
I've read some of your posts, and I can say with confidence that you are a welcome addition, Rolex. But be careful, this can be addictive.

Congrats on your recent graduation and "gift!"

Where in AR are you? I'm a little ways across the river from you.
I live in Rogers (Northwest) Arkansas. I do have some very good friends in Memphis. My inlaws also live in Memphis (so I try not to visit very much..haha). Oh, I agree with the part about being addictive!

Elvis
06-17-04, 05:59 PM
I live in Rogers (Northwest) Arkansas. I do have some very good friends in Memphis. My inlaws also live in Memphis (so I try not to visit very much..haha). Oh, I agree with the part about being addictive!

My in-laws are in Heber and Jonesboro. I try not to visit them very much, either, ( :drinker ) and they've already told me they're not coming back to my house any time soon! :histeric:

But that's another story for another time. :welcome:

ben72227
06-17-04, 07:23 PM
well, heres me from Arkansas as well. Little Rock to be exact.

Rolex, did your Escalade come from Parker Cadillac? or did you get it from out of state?

Rolex
06-17-04, 11:53 PM
well, heres me from Arkansas as well. Little Rock to be exact.

Rolex, did your Escalade come from Parker Cadillac? or did you get it from out of state?
I purchased my escallade from Superior Cadillac in Fayetteville, AR. The dealership is on N. College St. I'd post a url but I don't believe they have one.

Gene Massey
06-18-04, 06:49 AM
Welcome Rolex,

Congrats on your Escalade purchase. I purchased my first Cadillac a few months ago and I too am spoiled (2002 Deville). Welcome to the forums.

BTW, I wear a Rolex. Great choice for a handle it is a very nice watch!!

majax
06-19-04, 02:50 AM
Welcome Rolex,

I wear a Seiko and that is expensive enough watch for me. I certainly want an Escalade for one of my graduation gifts!