: Looks like a Nissan dealer is about to fry

MauiV
09-30-08, 12:08 PM
2 brand new Skyrines show up at a SE Wisc. drag strip with dealer plates and plastic still on the interior...

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/jdinmaui/dealerdrag-002.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/jdinmaui/dealerdrag-003.jpg

And the most embarrassing part of it all..................

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/jdinmaui/IMG_8725900.jpg

The thread it came from....

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2394694&page=1

c5 rv
09-30-08, 12:39 PM
Uh, just ensuring that their customers will be satisfied with their products.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-30-08, 01:35 PM
It looks like a service writer or salesman driving that one. He's dressed too nice to be a technician.

Jesda
09-30-08, 02:08 PM
Looks like the lead singer from Rascal Flats.

Playdrv4me
09-30-08, 02:10 PM
You're supposed to break that shit in before you go have yourself a track day. Good luck to whoever ends up with those cars.

Sandy
09-30-08, 03:56 PM
Ugly ugly car! Give me a Mustang GT any day over that thing.

CIWS
09-30-08, 04:12 PM

It will stomp a Mustang's guts out, for twice the price of course :D

Night Wolf
09-30-08, 04:30 PM
It looks like a service writer or salesman driving that one. He's dressed too nice to be a technician.

Yey for blue collar/white collar.

You're supposed to break that shit in before you go have yourself a track day. Good luck to whoever ends up with those cars.

Actually, this is semi-major controversy, after an engine is allowed to run a bit, changing the oil and warm up, some say that running it wide open and hard are the best things you can do, first 25 miles on an engine kinda sets the pace for the rest of it's service life.

x2

I just don't like the way it looks, I've tried.... and I have a hard time justifying buying a car for the same price you can buy a modest house around here..... in 4 years the Mustang GT will still look good, and be half the price that is is now, which is already about 1/3 the price...

parexa
09-30-08, 06:33 PM
12.5 aint that slow for a car that hasnt been driven yet

PatrickHMS
09-30-08, 08:22 PM
Pinks ???

caddycruiser
09-30-08, 09:14 PM
It's an awesome car, but not for everyone--a supercar, for a lower price, basically. Kind of like a Corvette but more polished and sophisticated.

The owner of my local GM dealer has a pearl white GT-R that's his daily driver. Always a site to see Lacrosse's, Lucerne's, a few random Pontiacs, and Cobalts and then right outside the Chevy building in the "important" parking spot a glimmering white GT-R. Regardless, I think it looks cool and certainly sounds fantastic.

As for those dealers racing them...tisk tisk. Yes, they're meant for being driven and not lightly, but even if I was going to do that after buying, I wouldn't want a car for that price that a sales guy already beat on.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-30-08, 10:12 PM
If you're gonna do it, atleast rip the PDI plastic off!

PatrickHMS
09-30-08, 10:26 PM
"Yes Sir! brand spanking new! This baby here has only been driven 1/4 mile..."

"It happened on the strip where the road is wide...." But back then when I was into racing, never thought that would apply to rice burners...lol

Like in the old Beach Boys song, as if a Vette (even a fuelie) could even keep up with a 413, much less "shut it down".

But I still think guys my age grew up in the best time of all - nobody ever had better music and cooler cars to grow up with than we did.

Night Wolf
09-30-08, 10:43 PM
I'm quite content growing up in the time I am now, got alot of good things going for it... but somehow I just think the world is gonna end before I am able to enjoy the fruits of my labor...

but....yeah, makes ya wonder about those "dealer demo cars" with anywhere from 500-10k miles on them.

ABCF
10-01-08, 12:32 AM

or a Vette.... ;)

Rolex
10-01-08, 08:58 AM
+1 for the money I'd rather have a loaded Vette. IMO those things going down the strip once or twice isn't any worse then all the lookey lews that will come in to test drive them and pound the accelerator to the floor during the test drive. YMMV

The Tony Show
10-01-08, 11:32 AM
The original thread now has a post from someone "claiming" to be the Owner of the Dealer in question. He says that the cars were purchased, then driven straight to the track by the owners, and that only one came from his Dealer.

Who knows, who cares. It's still a fugly car that requires no skill to drive fast. :yawn:

thebigjimsho
10-04-08, 04:00 PM
The original thread now has a post from someone "claiming" to be the Owner of the Dealer in question. He says that the cars were purchased, then driven straight to the track by the owners, and that only one came from his Dealer.

Who knows, who cares. It's still a fugly car that requires no skill to drive fast. :yawn:I forget how C&D said it exactly, but the GT-R is the foolproof car that makes anyone look good and the Viper was a precision instrument that gave the driver the ability to make things happen. Or something like that...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-04-08, 04:11 PM
I think that's pretty much spot on Jim. I read the article last night.

thebigjimsho
10-04-08, 04:19 PM
12.5 aint that slow for a car that hasnt been driven yetYeah, but 13.3 is for a car that is suppose to have near 500hp. And they have almost identical trap speeds...

That's one thing I'd be pissed about if I plunked down insane money for one...will I get a ringer or not? Quality control seems to be a bitch...

LS1Mike
10-04-08, 09:45 PM
The MPH for both cars was 115 based off the weight it does not support the Manufactures claim of mid 11 second 1/4 miles even with a 1.40 60 foot and AWD....HMMM?
They are not my thing would much rather have a Vette or GT40, but it is a very hi-tech machine.

LS1Mike
10-04-08, 09:47 PM
Ya know my 01 Z-28 ticked off a 12.92 at 110.02 MPH with paper tags and 151 miles. Those motors are run before they hit the car. It should be faster... according to Nissan.

gary88
10-04-08, 10:04 PM
I forget how C&D said it exactly, but the GT-R is the foolproof car that makes anyone look good and the Viper was a precision instrument that gave the driver the ability to make things happen. Or something like that...

I have it sitting right next to me

The GT-R was the robot of the group, faithfully obeying commands and making us look better than we are.....Where the GT-R simply goes out and does the job, the Viper gives the driver the perfect tools to do the job manually. Its friendliness is nothing short of amazing.

concorso
10-04-08, 10:41 PM
I can't believe someone here said it actually sounds good. Ive had bowel movements that were prettier to listen to...

Florian
10-04-08, 11:15 PM
I can't believe someone here said it actually sounds good. Ive had bowel movements that were prettier to listen to...

nominated for post of the day.

Thats a gem, Concorso! :highfive:

F