: Question about CPO ?

jono6406
09-30-08, 10:35 AM
When you purchase a used Cadillac with a CPO does this warranty take you to 100k miles on everything or does it just add 12 months beyond the factory warranty(bumper to bumper) and 100k to the power train only or what? I thought I knew it but I guess I don't seeing I have this question.:alchi:

Jono

c5 rv
09-30-08, 12:52 PM
As I understand it, the Cadillac CPO warranty is a 6 yr / 100K (from first in-service date) bumper-to-bumper warranty.

GM is confusing the matter in their advertising because the are adding a 12 mon/12K bumper-to-bumper warranty and 100K powertrain warranty to non-Cadillac certified used vehicles sold by dealers. If you buy a vehicle that is still within it's factory warranty, I don't know if the bumper-to-bumper time and miles are added to the factory warranty or if the two warranties run concurrently. I might be interested in a Buick Lucerne CXS if the warranties are additive, netting a 6 yr / 62K bumper-to-bumper warranty plus 100K powertrain.

jono6406
09-30-08, 01:48 PM
Thanks C5RV. That's what confused me. I quess the GM CPO is a little different from the Cadillac CPO but the way I see it now is that Cadillac is given a better used warranty than a new one. Gotta love it. (I know I lost 8k miles on my extented warranty because I'm paying for 8k miles that the factory is also covering. It runs concurrently.)

Jono

c5 rv
09-30-08, 02:01 PM
...the way I see it now is that Cadillac is given a better used warranty than a new one.

That's one of the reasons I will likely buy CPO for my next daily driver in 2010. I drive upwards of 30K miles per year and want to keep my daily driver(s) under warranty. I currently drive two 15K / yr lease cars, but that is both expensive and a logistical challenge. (not enough garage space, keeping two cars hand washed, maintenance, etc.) If I buy a new Buick or Cadillac as my only daily driver, I'd get about 20 - 24 months of warranty coverage at my annual mileage rate - not to mention a huge depreciation hit in raw dollars. If I buy a 2-3 year old CPO Cadillac with 20-30K miles on it, I'd get about 28 - 38 months of warranty and a smaller depreciation hit.