: Update on Turbo 99STS

MARK99STS
09-29-08, 09:29 PM
Thought I would give everybody an update on the car.

I finally got it on the dyno and we got 418HP to the wheels at about 11lbs of boost. I felt the car should do better given that I put a larger turbo on it(70mm). It seemed to stutter when I tried to up the boost. Jim thought the exhaust was restricting it since I was going from a 3" off the turbo to a 2.5" cat back. We took off the the exhaust in front of the converter and did another run and we couldn't beleive it. It gained a full 70hp TO THE WHEELS!!. We ran it again to confirm and sure enough 489HP at 15 lbs of boost. It was awesome. That is about 650hp at the crank since the loss through the tranny is about 26% I went out and got an electric cut out for the exhaust. I have a Profec-b boost controller that I mounted in the console and it is set at low boost of 7 and high of 15. Now I can up the HP with a flick of the switch. Frick'n Awesome!!! It's both hands on the wheel now when I lay into it because it pulls so hard the front end will float a bit.

I took it to the track and ran a12.25@ 118mph spinning the slicks in 2nd gear. I have a video and will post it as soon as I can. I know it would be in the high 11's if I could ever get traction. Hard to do with a front wheel drive tank.

That's it for now

Mark

CadillacSTS42005
09-29-08, 10:31 PM
wow Mark
been awhile
welcome back
always awesome to hear an update!

AJxtcman
10-01-08, 09:03 PM
489HP at 15 lbs of boost.

Frick'n Awesome!!! It's both hands on the wheel now when I lay into it because it pulls so hard the front end will float a bit.

I took it to the track and ran a12.25@ 118mph spinning the slicks in 2nd gear. I have a video and will post it as soon as I can. I know it would be in the high 11's if I could ever get traction. Hard to do with a front wheel drive tank.

That's it for now

Mark

I think I am getting close to the 485 whp:shhh:

You want to see some Torque steer. Just say I am 400 whp. You need to be holding on AND working the wheel :lies:

You are getting me excited to see how far into the 12's we will get

Submariner409
10-01-08, 09:29 PM
:sneaky: AJ, looks good. On what car, what engine, what tune, under what conditions??

Based on the past PCM tuning posts embedded in the Northstar Performance thread I am assuming this approach to 485 fwhp is a drop-in PCM tune for all Seville/Deville cars.

Yes or no ? Deal or no deal ? Enquiring minds want to know........

AlBundy
10-01-08, 10:16 PM
Good to hear from you Mark.:thumbsup::alchi:

Destroyer
10-01-08, 11:00 PM
Outstanding numbers!. I've always wanted to see someone take it this far with a N*. AJ needs to pay close attention!.:stirpot:

Raze
10-01-08, 11:37 PM
Nice Mark, nice. Was wondering if you went back to the MTs or still have the exhaust running under the front frame and stayed w/the skinnys? Can't wait to see the vid(s)! Also POST MORE PICTURES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I'm also not surprised you picked up so much power, w/a turbo you need the least restrictive exhaust as possible and a 2.5" on a 4.6L DOHC is PUNY!

I have one more request, if you could PM me any contact info for your shop, I'd really like to talk to the fella who did the piggyback for you. I've MegaSquirted a track XR4Ti I have w/my buddies and I'm very confident the stock caddy ECU could be hacked with a MS w/o throwing codes. I'm not in it to make/sell a product but rather to do it for the sake of doing it but there are a few signal questions I have that would be good to know what was done.

Let me know, and thanks!
-Jeff

AlBundy
10-02-08, 01:17 AM
I just hope you and AJ will come together to make the $$$ a little less for us common guys.:p:rolleyes::devil::alchi:

Destroyer
10-02-08, 11:50 PM
Thought I would give everybody an update on the car.

I finally got it on the dyno and we got 418HP to the wheels at about 11lbs of boost. I felt the car should do better given that I put a larger turbo on it(70mm). It seemed to stutter when I tried to up the boost. Jim thought the exhaust was restricting it since I was going from a 3" off the turbo to a 2.5" cat back. We took off the the exhaust in front of the converter and did another run and we couldn't beleive it. It gained a full 70hp TO THE WHEELS!!. We ran it again to confirm and sure enough 489HP at 15 lbs of boost. It was awesome. That is about 650hp at the crank since the loss through the tranny is about 26% I went out and got an electric cut out for the exhaust. I have a Profec-b boost controller that I mounted in the console and it is set at low boost of 7 and high of 15. Now I can up the HP with a flick of the switch. Frick'n Awesome!!! It's both hands on the wheel now when I lay into it because it pulls so hard the front end will float a bit.

That's it for now

MarkThat thing is just too damn fast for a N* Deville. I fear for your safety. Put an "AJ tune" on it slow things up a bit.:eek:

AlBundy
10-03-08, 12:49 AM
That thing is just too damn fast for a N* Deville. I fear for your safety. Put an "AJ tune" on it slow things up a bit.:eek:

You just can't stop, can you?:thepan:

mighty_quad4
10-03-08, 08:49 AM
That thing is just too damn fast for a N* Deville. I fear for your safety. Put an "AJ tune" on it slow things up a bit.:eek:

if you have an issue with AJ, PM him about and stop injecting your biased nonsensical crap into threads where it does not belong. im more interested in hearing about a turbo Northstar engine, not your quibble with AJ. got it?

AJxtcman
10-04-08, 11:42 AM

Thanks everyone

I am not sure why some people can't understand that the DHS ran a 14.6 at the Cadillac Owners Forum Meet. Several Members watched it go down the track. This was without N2O. The lines were not even connected.
The DHS is a 100% stock engine. Oh yeah it has a painted intake manifold.
The car is running 3.73 gears vs the 3.11 gears.

If you look at the time Code posted on the stock PCM "15.49" The 14.6 is much faster.

Last year we ran 15.1 several times without the Troque Management Defeat Device. I think that the 15.1 on my tune looks better than the 15.49

This goes back to people that want to argue just to argue. Fact are Facts.
Only ONE car ran SLOWER on my tune.
Am I correct on that statement?

CadillacSTS42005
10-04-08, 11:53 AM
give up AJ
you cant convince Destroyer of anything anymore than you can stop the tide...

AlBundy
10-04-08, 03:25 PM
Yea. Get'em guys. I needs some entertainment.:sneaky::lildevil:

AJxtcman
10-04-08, 09:57 PM
Yea. Get'em guys. I needs some entertainment.:sneaky::lildevil:

I don't have the time right now

give up AJ
you cant convince Destroyer of anything anymore than you can stop the tide...

That was my point.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-05-08, 12:20 AM

That's it for now

Mark

That's not right dude. I would love to see the look on the face of some kid in an ls1 Camaro when you blow him away. :yup:

I just have to live with 155 hp and 275 ft. lbs. torque because my car would be ripped to shreds if I gave it any more.

Destroyer
10-05-08, 11:02 PM
if you have an issue with AJ, PM him about and stop injecting your biased nonsensical crap into threads where it does not belong. im more interested in hearing about a turbo Northstar engine, not your quibble with AJ. got it?Yeah, I got it mighty Quad. I cant say I really care but I got it big guy. Scary stuff indeed. :rolleyes:

msta293412
10-07-08, 09:47 AM
Its an STS not a Deville,.......and hurry up with the video! :-)