: Newbie here looking for help finding parts for 77 Coupe

znichols81
09-29-08, 05:25 PM
Hello everyone. I have been on the website before, getting questions answered, and finally decided to join the forum. The question I have is in regards to finding parts to begin my restoration of a 77 coupe deville. I am a convert from the import genre, and this is my first domestic. I've always loved Cadillacs, and have realized my dream of an old "gangster" car. I'm just not quite sure where to find parts for a thirty year old car. To clarify what I'm looking for; everything. I'm mostly talking about engine parts, as my local Cadillac dealers do not have much of the stuff I'm looking for in the engine. Thank you all in advance for any help. It's much appreciated.

Zach

jayoldschool
09-29-08, 05:46 PM
To clarify what I'm looking for; everything.

Zach, you are going to have to get more specific. Pretty much every engine part (and lots of other parts, too) is available. Post a part you need, and I (or someone else) will tell you if it's out there, where to get it, and how much it costs.

77CDV
09-29-08, 11:21 PM
Welcome to the Forums, Zach. Most mechanical parts for these cars are shared in common with other contempory GM cars, so there's a good chance that your local parts store will have what you need. Post some pictures of your car so we can enjoy your good fortune with you.

Craig

deVille33
10-03-08, 09:09 PM
The 425 engine is readily available, but scrap yards in this age are scrapping the heavy units for the iron and weight.
What is wrong with the engine that came in your car? These engines are pretty formidable and built for the long run. I have one with over 200,000 mi. on it. As for parts you need, from crank to heads, if you want to pay cost +.

znichols81
10-06-08, 06:00 PM
To get more specific, I guess I'd have to say I'm having problems finding stuff such as the housing for the headlights, interior paneling, clusterwork (I would love if there were digital clusters out there, i.e. guages, speedo, etc.,) and an updated billet grill. Those are the parts I'm having the hardest time finding. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

77CDV
10-09-08, 04:47 AM
When you say headlight housing, do you mean the bright plastichrome surround or the fiberglass housing that actually holds the headlamps? Interior trim panels will be difficult, they are not reproduced and you will likely have to have the ones you have redone. For the door panels, check Just Dashes. Expensive, but they do good work. I'm sure you could retrofit the digital gauges that were available on the Brougham in 1992, though you'd have to check for connectivity issues. Billet grille sounds like custom work to me, unless you're talking about the RR-style Classic Cadillac deals. They're all over the place, though you will need patience and $$$ for a good one.

Best of luck,

Craig

deVille33
10-09-08, 09:32 AM
BY clusterwork, do you mean the speedometer? I have one. If you mean the black band above the speedo with the telltale lights, I have that also. The only gauge I can think of is the fuel gauge and I probably have one of those. If your concidering making your dash over to all gauges, that's custom work. You can get aftermarket gauges at any swap meet or speed shop. If that is the way you plan to go, you have to be a fabricator and wiring tech and you have your work cut out for you.

havasulew
03-19-09, 02:00 PM
I also need to find a specific part. Any help would be appreciated.
1979 eldorado--ATC relay 3 wire, controls blower motor speeds.
Thank you in advance for any help.