: XM Renewal

corvette00
09-29-08, 09:55 AM
Has anyone had any luck getting the $77 special for more than one year? I just attempted to renew and they informed me that you could only have this special 1 time. It seems XM has not resolved sound quality issues on several of their stations and appear to be adding more commercials

omegafiler
09-29-08, 10:06 AM
I haven't tried. But if you want to see if they'll offer it to you... just cancel your service. If they really want you to stick around, they'll lower the price. Otherwise I wouldn't expect any increases in sound quality or less commercials.

BaTu
09-29-08, 11:26 AM
With the coming Sirius/XM merger you, as a subscriber, are worth THOUSANDS of dollars to them (on paper) ;)

Tell them your unhappy with all the commercials on O&A and feel your paying for a premium channel, the same as HBO, yet still have to put-up with 15mins of commercials per/hr. and will just cancel your service.

I assure you, they will NOT let you go!!

mbnv992
09-29-08, 06:12 PM
I agree with the XM commercials. I've never had a satellite radio before, until I bought my STS. The XM pamphlet claims "commercial free, uninterrupted music". BS. There IS plenty of commercials. Kind of dissapointing. Once my free 3 month trial is up, I definitely won't be continuing my service.

Angus Young
09-29-08, 07:40 PM
XM Channel 150 the comedy channel has tons of commercials, and when you listen to the actual commercial they are so annoying :banghead: makes me mad Im paying for these advertisements, if you have a Iphone you can download Pandora its a free download its music radio and the quality is excellent. Channel 53 is the new AC/DC channel and I am noticing skipping in the music like the signal is weak but it isnt, anyone else having a skipping in the music on the XM radio?

corvette00
09-30-08, 10:45 AM
I got the renewal for $77. They first offered $119 claiming the $77 was a one-time promotion. I have three radios on the system. I think the expample of pay cable channels not having commercials is a good comparison. In addition, the cable channels normally have digital sound. It would be nice to have XM in 5.1 surround.

jono6406
09-30-08, 11:51 AM
When I purchased my 05 sts I had XM for about one month before the previous owner had it turned off.My opinion of XM is that it is purely garbage an a waste of money. As John Materres says " don't waste your money".

Jono

Cliff8928
10-02-08, 02:20 PM
I like the XM personally. I also don't usually listen to channels with commercials either.

jono6406
10-02-08, 05:31 PM
By no means I'm not knocking those who like XM radio. like i always say, to each their own, i just wouldn't but it.

Jono

miked
10-03-08, 03:03 AM
XM is a godsend if you are taking long, multiple-day roadtrips where you frequently go through areas without any radio stations . . . .

jono6406
10-03-08, 08:38 AM
miked, what about your 6 disc cd player( or even your lockpicked dvd? ) :thumbsup:
Jono

miked
10-03-08, 04:56 PM
I hate carrying CD's around in the car!!! I wouldn't mind a seamless ipod interface . . . .

Aurora5000
12-03-08, 09:33 AM
Whats the cheapest renewal you have seen?

BaTu
12-03-08, 10:13 AM
I just re-upped again for another year and they gave me the same $72 I got last time. Again, I just bitched about all the commercials on O&A.

marathonman89
12-03-08, 11:52 AM
I call and bitch about the economy and that I use it so little. They offer me the $77 annual deal. I say no. Then they offer $14.97 for 3 months, I go for it and then call a week before expiration and do it again. I just hate paying more than I have to for listening to 1 channel (46) a couple of time a week.

I thought they were supposed to come up with some ala carte' plans? Anyone have news about that?

Happy holidays to all.

dkozloski
12-03-08, 02:07 PM
Thankfully XM cannot be received in this area and probably never will.

aintmisbehavinn
12-03-08, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't listen to local stations around here if my life depended on it. I find plenty of commercial free music on XM. It depends on what you are listening to. If you 'search' you will find stations that don't interrupt like your public FM commercials. Personally, I would never go back to FM, they are controlled by RIAA freaks. XM or nothing IMO.

mbnv992
12-03-08, 04:14 PM
After my 3 month free trial was up, I promptly called XM up, and asked to cancel my service. (My radio was still working on the XM channels the day after my free trial was up, so I called to see what the deal was). When I called to tell them I would not like to continue my service, they not so much as even hesitate to ask why, would I like a better rate then advertised, etc. Just "ok, your service will be canceled", and that was it. Kinda surprised of the lack of customer service there.

Superjim
12-04-08, 09:08 AM
After my 3 month free trial was up, I promptly called XM up, and asked to cancel my service. (My radio was still working on the XM channels the day after my free trial was up, so I called to see what the deal was). When I called to tell them I would not like to continue my service, they not so much as even hesitate to ask why, would I like a better rate then advertised, etc. Just "ok, your service will be canceled", and that was it. Kinda surprised of the lack of customer service there.

Another way to look at it... they did EXACTLY what you requested.
No more.. no less.
They didn't hassle you with a bunch of BS trying to make you keep something that you indicated that you didn't want.

100% PERFECT customer service. :)

Texas Jim

Jesda
12-04-08, 05:05 PM
After they changed the music channels in November, I called it quits. No more satellite for me.

dhemrick
12-05-08, 12:00 AM
After they changed the music channels in November, I called it quits. No more satellite for me.

Actually, I found the changed music channels to be an improvement over the channels as they were before the merger. But, that's just my opinion... :cool:

Tommy Deville
12-05-08, 04:26 AM
I can't live without my XM.

lreddiablo
12-05-08, 05:27 PM
I prefer some of the new channels as well, always preferred Sirius at home on my Dishnet system for background music when working over the xm channels I got in my car. I'm tempted to add on the Sirius channel pack so I can check out Howard's channel, any one listen to him?