: difference between seville and deville

rllaw
09-28-08, 07:35 PM
I am a new member and contemplating purchasing a 2001 Cadillac. What are some of the differences between the Seville and Deville?
Is one better than the other in regards to performance and longevity

Submariner409
09-29-08, 08:01 AM
Other than size, shape, interior room and a few bells and whistles the two models share basically the same powertrains (depending on trim/sport package) and suspension components, so the choice is up to you. Performance and longevity is the same as any other car brand: Some are great, most are OK, and a few are awful.

ALL differences can be found by reading either dealer brochures for the models (eBay purchases) or going through the Seville and Deville forums at length.........a LOT of homework.

TSS
09-29-08, 09:51 AM
As stated aboven plus the most base Seville SLS in 2001 came with more standard features than the most base Deville. Hence, in 2001, the Seville was priced a little higher (BASE PRICE ONLY) than the Deville. That changed in later years. I got the Seville because its fits better in my garage and I really did not need the bigger interior room, as I also had a full size Tahoe at the time. If you are regularly transporting adults in the back seat, get the Deville. Also, I think the 00-05 Devilles are more attractive than the Seville with their LED tails, "new" design Caddy grill, etc. With that said, I still love my Seville after all these years.

c5 rv
09-29-08, 12:31 PM
A Seville owner wears multiple gold chains and only buttons his shirt to the top of his gut.

A DeVille owner wears a hat that is not a baseball cap.

Choose accordingly.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I wonder of those stereotypes carry over to the STS / DTS. If so, I'm gonna have to buy either some gold chains or hats before my next daily driver purchase.

orconn
09-29-08, 01:59 PM
A Seville owner wears multiple gold chains and only buttons his shirt to the top of his gut.

Choose accordingly.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I wonder of those stereotypes carry over to the STS / DTS. If so, I'm gonna have to buy either some gold chains or hats before my next daily driver purchase.

Gee, I thought the gold chains and open buttons were for Eldorado drivers! Seville drivers used to where Khakis on weekends and show up at "A" horse shows. SRX drivers, mostly women, were often seen at soccer games and super markets. Deville/DTS are very common at church services and beauty parlors! Just kidding!

Submariner409
09-29-08, 02:23 PM
Seville drivers now wear khakis, polo shirts and boat shoes/no socks all the time. Deville drivers are as stated ^. SRX drivers wouldn't be caught dead with 800 lb. of bark mulch in the rear bed. Eldorado drivers are now the gold chain/Breitling/silk shirt (no buttons) crowd.

An SRX is not a truck because the bumper sticker cannot say "Real trucks don't have spark plugs".

c5 rv
09-29-08, 07:19 PM
Seville drivers now wear khakis, polo shirts and boat shoes/no socks all the time. ... Eldorado drivers are now the gold chain/Breitling/silk shirt (no buttons) crowd.

I stand corrected.

rllaw
10-02-08, 02:28 AM
Many thanks to all for the serious and humorous responses. Think I'll try to stick with the Deville, unless of course I find a better deal on a Seville. Thanks again.

gothicaleigh
10-02-08, 06:13 PM
Deville is larger. Seville is sportier (well, as 'Sport' as it gets for large FWD Cadillacs).
Just remember to get one with a "T" in the acronym on the trunklid and you will be fine.

:stirpot:

EMB1230
10-03-08, 03:06 AM
Sevilles are aimed towards the younger crowd with it's sportier look, console shifter and more goodies overall, Devilles are aimed towards the older crowd with it's more traditional look and column shifter.

mighty_quad4
10-03-08, 05:06 PM

Choose accordingly.

Sevilles are for hauling ass in style with good ride quality. Devilles are for riding 15mph under the speed limit and turning left with the right turn signal on. :D

CadillacSTS42005
10-04-08, 11:00 AM
hahaha

c5 rv
10-04-08, 11:55 AM
Sevilles are for hauling ass in style with good ride quality. Devilles are for riding 15mph under the speed limit while driving in the left lane with the right turn signal on. :D

Fixed it for you.

[NortHStaR]
12-09-08, 11:34 PM
I'm pretty sure a war will brake out between SeVille and DeVille owners within the next few years on whos cars are better. Any one here currently own both??

ryannel2003
12-10-08, 12:22 AM
I've been in both extensively since I work at a Cadillac dealership, and I've always preferred Seville just because IMO it's a better looking car. Plus, it handles better (lets be honest, neither are great handling cars).

However, the Deville is a much, much better riding car, and has a more comfortable backseat. If I hauled people on a constant basis, I wouldn't want them to suffer in the backseat of Seville. It's too small. Both cars have great strengths and weaknesses.

Favasuli
12-10-08, 09:33 AM
I have a 2000 Deville and my dad has a 98 Deville, and they are hands down the smoothest cars I've ever driven, not to mention have great pickup when I want to floor it. Basically, I don't feel any bumps and frequently forget that I'm not sitting on my couch. I've never been in a true Seville, but I have driven an 05 STS, and the comfort of the Deville far surpasses it (not to mention they should have never bothered with the v6..not worth it). I'm 23, use the appropriate turn signals, and often drive over 15 mph, and I'm in love with my Deville.

[NortHStaR]
12-11-08, 12:08 AM
I've been in both extensively since I work at a Cadillac dealership, and I've always preferred Seville just because IMO it's a better looking car. Plus, it handles better (lets be honest, neither are great handling cars).

However, the Deville is a much, much better riding car, and has a more comfortable backseat. If I hauled people on a constant basis, I wouldn't want them to suffer in the backseat of Seville. It's too small. Both cars have great strengths and weaknesses.

Not great handling cars?? I maneuver my DeVille through all kinds of tight spots with ease, IMO they handle very well.

99Classillac
03-01-09, 12:37 AM
Devilles all the way! I had a 99 Deville that was smooth as baby ass on the highway. I have a 2004 DTS (Deville Touring Sedan) now. Looks better than the Sevilles. You gotta know what the differences between the cars are among themselves too. They have a Seville, an SLS, and a STS and then they have the Deville, DHS and a DTS. The STS and the DTS both are the "sport" versions of their kinds. 300HP and whatnot. The others have 275HP. Before I bought the DTS I was looking around and I was finding STS's were cheaper than the DTS's of the same year. I ended up with a DTS not because it was more expensive, I just love Deville's and I always wanted the floaty gauges of the DTS. And 300HP is nice too.