Seems like I remember a thread like this before. :highfive:
Greg

Florian
09-27-08, 08:30 PM
looks yummy.

F

Jesda
09-27-08, 11:01 PM
Breakfast eaters unite! Looks like the right amount of pepper on those perfect eggs.

My_favorite_Brougham
09-27-08, 11:56 PM
Oh yeah, dirty rice right? And in my opinion, sunny side up eggs need a white film over the yellow, effectively over-hard but never over. The trick is: put a lid on the skillet. :thumbsup:

creeker
09-28-08, 12:21 AM
Oh yeah, dirty rice right? And in my opinion, sunny side up eggs need a white film over the yellow, effectively over-hard but never over. The trick is: put a lid on the skillet. :thumbsup:

It looks great,I get a craving about 2 or 3 times a year for pancakes,I make them and then throw them out, they turn out lousy, what brand of pancake stuff do you use?.

gary88
09-28-08, 12:26 AM
I would have gone with at least 5 pieces of bacon.

And I'm not a fan of butter on pancakes.

Those eggs look so good though :drool:

My_favorite_Brougham
09-28-08, 12:32 AM
It's just the store-brand "add-water" stuff.

There's a trick to making them right. The first one is ALWAYS lousy; it has to do with the surface of the skillet. But that's because I melt some butter in the pan. (see my bottom pancake)

You have to pour a good mixture on the pan and wait for the surface to become more "matte" and not shiny. The little bubbles begin to pop. Turn the pancake when there's only about 2 bubbles left. And the heat should only be half. It will begin to smoke if it's higher, and you burn the surface while leaving the inside uncooked. Flip the cake over and wait until the sides are matte and look done. Then you can flip easily until done.

And the mixture has to be less than thick, certainly not paste-like. It has to "span the pan" by itself with no spreading from you. That's why I like the "add-water" pancake mix, because you can add water ass you like without messing up proportions.

~Greg

creeker
09-28-08, 12:43 AM
It's just the store-brand "add-water" stuff.

There's a trick to making them right. The first one is ALWAYS lousy; it has to do with the surface of the skillet. But that's because I melt some butter in the pan. (see my bottom pancake)

You have to pour a good mixture on the pan and wait for the surface to become more "matte" and not shiny. The little bubbles begin to pop. Turn the pancake when there's only about 2 bubbles left. And the heat should only be half. It will begin to smoke if it's higher, and you burn the surface while leaving the inside uncooked. Flip the cake over and wait until the sides are matte and look done. Then you can flip easily until done.

And the mixture has to be less than thick, certainly not paste-like. It has to "span the pan" by itself with no spreading from you. That's why I like the "add-water" pancake mix, because you can add water ass you like without messing up proportions.

~Greg

Thanks for the crash course on pancake making,I'll give it a shot again.
Would that be canadian bacon by any chance?.

My_favorite_Brougham
09-28-08, 01:02 AM
Nah, that's plain old strip bacon. I can teach you the tricks of that and the eggs if you like! :D

PatrickHMS
09-28-08, 02:21 AM
Okay already!

We will all be at your house this morning for breakfast, what time?

lol

DopeStar 156
09-28-08, 03:33 AM
I never eat breakfast.... When I've got the day off I usually sleep past lunch.....

Rolex
09-28-08, 11:09 AM
I give it 9/10.

I docked you a point for not having a firearm in the pic. ;)

I use the 'just add water' Krusteaz pancake mix. I make my kid pancakes a few times a month. Every now and then I eat a "real" breakfast that will fill me up for most of the day. But I NEVER go without eating a big breakfast.

My daily breakfast: 1 cup of Kashi GoLean cereal sweetened and 1 serving skim milk on it, 1-1/2 cups egg beaters salted and peppered, 1/2 serving fruit (usually 1/2 apple or 1 kids-cup unsweetened apple sauce), and 1 piece of light wheat whole grain toast. I use the equivalent of 'I can't believe it's not butter' spray to spray the eggs and toast.

I know Koz will say, "you might as well be eating cardboard." :p

"G$"
09-28-08, 11:17 AM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x141/Shutterbug668/DSC02612.jpg
Yep, that's what I had.

Seems like I remember a thread like this before. :highfive:
Greg

That doesn't hold a candle to the breakfasts that I make...

(joke with a hint of seriousness)

Sandy
09-28-08, 04:16 PM
Most weekdays I only have a 1/3 glass of Tropicana O.J. and a cup of coffee.
Sundays?
A toasted onion bagel with a good mound of cream cheese and fresh Deli Lox and a slice of bermuda onion and fresh brewed coffee beans:bouncy: & O.J.

jdavis
09-29-08, 02:11 PM
I haven't eaten a breakfast like that in years. Enjoy it while you can. My typical breakfast consists of a plain bagel sprayed with "I Can't believe It's Not Butter" (0 cal,0 fat ), a cup of Yoplait Light yogurt, and fresh brewed coffee. Got to keep the arteries clean to keep the old ticker going. :D

RightTurn
09-29-08, 02:36 PM
I think I'd rather be dead. I'm just sayin. :D

Aron9000
09-29-08, 09:03 PM
heart attack on a plate . . . .:drool:
http://www.showmechrist.com/file.php/6/biscuits_and_gravy.jpg
I'll eat biscuts and gravy maybe 3 or 4 times a year.

dkozloski
09-29-08, 11:21 PM
Sunday morning it's omlettes for breakfast. A secret family recipe.

Ranger
09-29-08, 11:31 PM
Cigarette and a cup of coffee. Breakfast of champions.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-30-08, 12:35 AM
That breakfast is wayyyyyyyy too balanced. It needs less grains and more meats.

Sandy
09-30-08, 04:08 PM
"" Cigarette and a cup of coffee. Breakfast of champions. ""

I laughed so hard I farted:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

skippydts
10-01-08, 02:17 PM
this is the longest thread about breakfast that I have seen...

No toast and JAM?? GOTTA HAVE TOAST AND JAM

PatrickHMS
10-02-08, 12:11 AM
Jam, DEFINITELY jam, NOT jelly.

Tastes just as good, or better, and doesn't clump up on the toast or biscuit and destroy it trying to spread it.

Ahhh, peanut (crunchy) butter and grape jam sandwich. Maybe not for breakfast, but almost any other time.

My_favorite_Brougham
10-02-08, 05:49 PM
Toast? with pancakes? Any breakfast connoisseur knows that's a mix of your starches! :thepan: :D