: Maybe parting V4P?

N0DIH
09-26-08, 11:28 PM
Gag! Never thought I would consider it.

But things are looking like if I am to do what we are thinking with having a family race car, then I am probably going to need a drivetrain for a 94 Firebird that I am considering. BUT, the car is a GREAT daily driver, so I HATE to take it apart. So toss me a LQ4/LQ9 engine and we are talking business.... This car has all but 5 options. Missing only HomeLink, Chrome Wheels, Sungate windshield, Astroroof and full size spare..... The rest, it has....

So I would be keeping the engine/trans. But will have a 3.08 posi axle (can't recall who here has spoken for it, bicentennialcadillac I think), interior, body, the original 3.42 axle with a set of uninstalled NEW GM axles.

Rear bumper is rusty, body has one spot of rust over one of the wheels (which is why I am figuring giving it up is best). But else rest is still in good shape.

Not 100% sure how to do things, but lets talk about, PM me if you want, or faster response with email, n0dih >at< att dot net.

Got an Eaton Posi also that was slated for the V4P axle with the new axle shafts (these are the special ones that make a Fleetwood 4 channel ABS work that are very prone to wear with age).

Got some extra stuff too, 92-96Caprice/Impala/Roadmaster steel driveshaft, 92-96 caprice headlight, 9C1 engine wiring harness, hurt LT1 engine (knocks, but only 92K miles), 455 Pontiac engine (torn down ready to rebuild, uncut block, "YH", 1970 block), 1971 Pontiac 400 4BBL heads (makes 9.6:1 compression on 455 with stock flat tops, big valves, 96 cc), 1968 428 HO 390 hp heads, 72cc (makes 12:1 or so compression), 1970 F-Body axle (dissassembled), 1977-1979 B/D body disc brake backing plates and calipers (makes any car 8.5" axle a disc rear). 9C1 SEO PS cooler, 9C1 SEO engine oil cooler, LOTS of misc stuff.

Oh, and will trade whole car for a LQ4 or LQ9 engine complete. Will need a THM400 also. Trades considered, but need to be Gen III/Gen IV engine related.

Would rather sell a package deal, so talk.... Not terribly easy for me to take big parts off car and make unmovable, so have to work on something there....

90Brougham350
09-27-08, 12:36 AM
Wow, I'll be sorry to see your FWB go, but if that's the best option for it, then you're doing the right thing. Just wish I had the cash to pick some stuff up from you. Don't get rid of your tune, keep those files around in your computer, I still need a tune!

Brian

N0DIH
09-27-08, 11:50 AM
Yup, will keep that going. It isn't easy for me to even consider it either. If someone makes me an reasonable offer I am game. Would much much rather sell it whole. Still a great daily driver, still runs 15.2-15.3 @ 92 mph in the quarter mile, not too bad for an old heavy battleship.

Wow, I'll be sorry to see your FWB go, but if that's the best option for it, then you're doing the right thing. Just wish I had the cash to pick some stuff up from you. Don't get rid of your tune, keep those files around in your computer, I still need a tune!

Brian

96Fleetwood
09-27-08, 06:12 PM
I saw it on craigslist a while ago.. if anything it is the mileage that is keeping people from buying it.

You will get more $$ by parting it out. Especially by putting body parts on eBay.

N0DIH
09-28-08, 12:17 AM
I hate taking another FW off the road that is the hardest part..... Especially a factory V4P.

firstimecaddi
09-28-08, 09:44 AM
what's special about a factory V4P?

N0DIH
09-28-08, 01:38 PM
Factory 7000 lb tow package. My Cadillac will out tow most SUV's.... Even 1500 Suburbans are only rated @ 6000 lbs in 4x4 and 6500 in 2WD form.

Rare option, comes with 3.42 gears and a HD 4L60E.

firstimecaddi
09-28-08, 04:13 PM
Rare option, comes with 3.42 gears and a HD 4L60E

and this?

N0DIH
09-28-08, 04:50 PM
The 3.42 axle is out right now (I have 3.08 posi in now from a 80 cop car), as I was rebuilding it and going to add discs and posi and make it a 3.42 posi disc brake axle with brand new axle shafts from GM.

N0DIH
10-04-08, 09:53 AM
I finally figured out how to get a classified in the right place...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=4414

This is better.....

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-04-08, 11:01 PM
Just out of curiosity, what is a Sungate Windshield? Is that like the heated windshield that was on the DeVilles?

I just looked at the pics in the classified ad and I have to say, its had a good, long life. With the paint starting to peel like that and the mileage it has, its time for it to go. Cadillacs are not meant to have the moniker "rusty but trusty." I do, however, like the CB antenna off the back. Is that a full size 108" whip?

N0DIH
10-05-08, 12:38 AM
Nope not CB. Ham Radio, it is a 20M "Ham Stick", I haven't pulled the antenna, it is for 20M ham bands, was trying to talk to my dad in Florida from here. Did make a QSO to central america mobile. Was pretty cool. I mounted it to an existing hole under the rear bumper. Loaded up real nice on 14 MHz....

SunGate windshield is that goldish windshield that has a metal film in it to block the sun rays on those large raked windshields. You've seen them, goldish/purplish in color, blocks radar detectors nicely.

The car has had a great life, the Wisconsin/Northern IL winters that it has been daily driven in for the last 14 years took their toll on the body. Drivetrain is awesome. Interior is still in pretty good shape too.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-05-08, 10:14 PM
Woah, I didn't even notice that you were in Rockford. I stop by there every now and then when I go to dinner with my grandparents. There is that one pizza joint there that is always packed. Its called Chicago something pizza.

N0DIH
10-07-08, 07:41 PM
I am just about 2 miles from Cherry Valley Mall, is it close? Like Girodinos?

Woah, I didn't even notice that you were in Rockford. I stop by there every now and then when I go to dinner with my grandparents. There is that one pizza joint there that is always packed. Its called Chicago something pizza.