: Any Website Building Gurus out there?

PatrickHMS
09-26-08, 08:59 PM
Hi,

Looking for someone who can point me in the right direction on this one...

I have one word of text that I am trying to figure out how to convert to a ".gif" file. Used to have the software to generate it but for some reason, my software doesn't work anymore.

Am trying to do it without having to pay a ton of $$ for software I might only use this one time, to convert 2 different words of text, one time each into 2x separate .gif files.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Sure would appreciate!

codewize
09-26-08, 10:42 PM
Tell me the text, the font and the size you need and I'll do it for you. It's not a conversion its just making an image of text.

2 seconds

EcSTSatic
09-28-08, 12:36 AM
Just Google "convert text to gif". There are several free programs that will do it. Here's one:

http://www.supershareware.com/info/advanced-text2gif.html

AMGoff
09-28-08, 02:32 AM
Umm... I'm not exactly sure if it's this easy with Windows, but on the Mac I would simply type up the text in whatever style and format I like, snap a selected screen shot of the text, open it in any number of image viewers/basic editors and then just save it as a .gif.

Takes all of 45 seconds, doesn't cost a dime, and doesn't require any kind of converter.

Hope that helps!

codewize
09-28-08, 08:26 PM
That's true to. You could just use Paint. Assuming you're using a PC.

PatrickHMS
09-28-08, 10:31 PM
GOT IT!!!!!!!

(Thanks Aaron)

No matter what I tried on my own PC, it wouldn't show up like I wanted it to in the website. I had already tried the freeware downloads, some of them were only links to notsofreeware, others just didn't work at all.

My MS "PictureIT" software has always been screwy...lol

Anything I could save as a .gif file would look scrambled in the website I was using it in.

Someone did one quickly (like 2-3 minutes), and sent it back to me, worked fine first try.

Again, THANKS Aaron....

Patrick

ewill3rd
09-29-08, 07:53 AM
I use Irfanview a lot for all my picture files, I wish it had better controls for adding text, arrows, circles, what have you.

PatrickHMS
09-29-08, 09:01 AM
To store and manage photographs on my PC I use Picasa,

I use "Flickr" as a photobucket to store photographs on the Net...

Again, T-H-A-N-K-S to Aaron for the .gif file.