: purple eldo ??

creeker
09-25-08, 09:50 PM
I put this in lounge because it's more about color than the car,theres a very nice 92 eldo. for sale in my area,but it's purple,is this a stock color,also what's some opinions on a purple car?, would you drive one.

ryannel2003
09-25-08, 09:57 PM
It really depends on the darkness of the purple. Barney color purple? No, that doesn't sound pretty. However, if it's similar to the Dark Cherry Metallic Cadillac uses now, then absolutely. I'm pretty sure that is similar to that color and it's beautiful.

EDIT: Just found out, the color is called "Dark Plum Metallic". I've seen that color on an Eldo and liked it, so if she's clean and been taken care of, go for it.

ryannel2003
09-25-08, 10:01 PM
Is this the color you are referring to?

Eldo (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=228796688&dealer_id=76514&car_year=1993&model=ELDO&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1992&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=CAD&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=28562&advanced=&end_year=1993&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=2489)

That is a damn good looking car, and I'm not a huge fan of Eldorado's.

Jesda
09-25-08, 10:07 PM
I would drive a pink Cadillac.

creeker
09-25-08, 10:52 PM
Is this the color you are referring to?

Eldo (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=228796688&dealer_id=76514&car_year=1993&model=ELDO&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1992&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=CAD&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=28562&advanced=&end_year=1993&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=2489)

That is a damn good looking car, and I'm not a huge fan of Eldorado's.

No,it doesn't look at all like that color,I have only seen a picture of the car,I got my wife's opinion and she said it looks dark grey to her,and not purple at all,(I'm not great on colors,maybe the seller isn't either). If I was better on the computer I would send the link for the car.If you want to kill some time and go to the trouble it's advertised
at buysell.com canada british columbia.

tnx. for your opinions

ryannel2003
09-25-08, 11:01 PM
Oh I think the color you're talking about is Amethyst something metallic. Almost a light, light shade of purple. That color is pretty too.

Just saw the color, and it's definitely a stock color. Not sure of the name, but here is a list of '92 Eldorado colors:

http://www.edmunds.com/used/1992/cadillac/eldorado/783/colors.html

That car looks mint though.

creeker
09-25-08, 11:27 PM
Oh I think the color you're talking about is Amethyst something metallic. Almost a light, light shade of purple. That color is pretty too.

Just saw the color, and it's definitely a stock color. Not sure of the name, but here is a list of '92 Eldorado colors:

http://www.edmunds.com/used/1992/cadillac/eldorado/783/colors.html

That car looks mint though.

Thanks for the info,I used to own a 92 eldo,I sold it three years ago and have regretted it,it was red (nice) the seller on this one is asking $3000.00,he was asking $3200.00 last week,I think that's an honest price.

77CDV
09-25-08, 11:55 PM
It's a stock color, Amethyst Firemist, I think. It's really more of a lavendar-grey than a true amethyst.

Craig

Aron9000
09-26-08, 01:57 AM
It's a stock color, Amethyst Firemist, I think. It's really more of a lavendar-grey than a true amethyst.

Craig

That's an awesome color, I've seen it on a 94 Deville with dark purple leather, that car was really hot:drool:

Sandy
09-26-08, 08:57 AM
My 1988 Sedan deVille that I bought used from a Mary kay sales executive was Mountain Laurel Pink, from 1956, the year Mary Kay picked it out. My current 1993 Sixty Special is the 1993 Dark Plum (a midnight dark purple) and a prior Lincoln Mark 7 was rose pink.

I happen to like pinks & purples, and Amethyst, and lilac kinda shades.
I also am straight, married to the same woman for 25 years & we have a 24 Y.O. son. If you are sure of who you are, and have accepted who you are & how God deemed you to be, and you accept the fact that you are straight (or Gay or Bi)..... whatever..... then the opinions of others about what you drive or select... can go to hell. If you like it.....BUY IT ! Remember, you only have to please the man in the mirror.
If some smart@$$ has a comment, just ask them WHAT COLOR is THEIR CADILLAC ?:thepan:

ryannel2003
09-26-08, 10:27 AM
I agree with Sandy. I've seen a few late 50's Cadillac's on eBay in a loud, outrageous shade of pink that I wouldn't be ashamed of driving at all.

creeker
09-26-08, 12:33 PM
I agree with Sandy. I've seen a few late 50's Cadillac's on eBay in a loud, outrageous shade of pink that I wouldn't be ashamed of driving at all.

I wasn't concerned about my masculinity or anything on that basis,I merely wanted some opinions on the color,in fact I have always been unconventional in my likes and dislikes, this fact has been brought to my attention in the past through job evaluations.

AMGoff
09-26-08, 01:07 PM
I wasn't concerned about my masculinity or anything on that basis,I merely wanted some opinions on the color,in fact I have always been unconventional in my likes and dislikes, this fact has been brought to my attention in the past through job evaluations.

And what exactly did "Sally" say you did at the office?? lol..

Anyway... that's a gorgeous color on those Eldos, I've always been a fan of "slate-ish" colors and I don't think you can get any prettier than a slate-lavender! There have been a couple of them come up around here every now and then... It's definitely not a common color. In fact... I just saw one on a local used lot maybe like a month ago or so - stopped me dead in my tracks! :drool:

I say treat yourself... go get it - period. :yup:

gothicaleigh
09-29-08, 02:21 PM
My STS looks purple in some lighting. It's a very dark blue metallic with what looks like a purplish tint in the clearcoat. I believe the color is called Dark Montana Blue Metallic... it looks great in person and I quite often get compliments on the color.

PatrickHMS
09-29-08, 04:18 PM
We had a new 1986 Eldorado, it was some kind of a Dark Plum / Wine / Burgundy color, maybe called a Rosemist or something like that, don't remember for sure.

Interior was a lighter color, almost had kind of a pink tint to the leather.

Can't describe, but the car was an awesome color combination for my wife to drive. The tinting in the glass of the moonroof gave the whole interior a beautiful kind of hue to the colors in the interior.

Awesome car, but for that 4.1 Aluminum V8 motor. In my book, that one was right up there with the 2-4-5-6-7-8 (lol) that came with the "trunkless" Seville from the early 1980's.

But that Caddy with that 4.1 got the best gas mileage of almost any car of that size I have ever owned.

The color of my current '06 SRX V6 AWD is the Blue Chip, and I LOVE it.

creeker
09-29-08, 05:27 PM
And what exactly did "Sally" say you did at the office?? lol..

Anyway... that's a gorgeous color on those Eldos, I've always been a fan of "slate-ish" colors and I don't think you can get any prettier than a slate-lavender! There have been a couple of them come up around here every now and then... It's definitely not a common color. In fact... I just saw one on a local used lot maybe like a month ago or so - stopped me dead in my tracks! :drool:

I say treat yourself... go get it - period. :yup:

I took your advice and bought it last friday.

AMGoff
09-30-08, 02:36 AM
I took your advice and bought it last friday.

Kudos :thumbsup: but...

:postpics:

SupRNatural
12-10-08, 11:21 AM
I just purchased a 1996 Montana Blue Eldorado. I love the color it's very unique. I wonder how rare it is. I never saw another like it..:nana2:

Jesda
12-10-08, 01:12 PM
I just purchased a 1996 Montana Blue Eldorado. I love the color it's very unique. I wonder how rare it is. I never saw another like it..:nana2:

Sounds pretty! You should post some pictures.

Sandy
12-10-08, 03:19 PM
SuperNatural it's YOUR DAY!

For your year Eldo, Cadillac recieved orders for and built 90 Eldos in your color plus an additional 47 in your color on Eldo Touring Coupes, for a total of 137 in your color. It was, in fact, the least ordered color. Only color on Eldos that saw less built was Mountain Laurel a.k.a. Mary kay Pink of which 5 base model Eldos were made.

Have a Merry Christmas & a Happy Hanukkah !

TomDeville
12-11-08, 01:24 AM
Sandy proves again that he is
a veritable paint color King.
BTW-
When GM discontinues a color
does that put us S.O.L. in terms of getting any
touch up paint? My Concours is dark adriatic
blue (GM Parts #12344348) and it is apparently
toast; consequently, the dealer advised that I could
not acquire any touch up paint. W.T.F. :suspect: Do I have
any viable alternatives in this particular regard?
:confused:

Ricer rides pervade the roads; I acknowledge this so sadly.
I would love to drive a purplish car; provided it was a Caddy.

:thumbsup::highfive:

Best Regards,

TomDeville:cool2:
:cool2::cool2::cool2:

Sandy
12-11-08, 11:23 AM
Go to a bodyshop. Ask for help and request to see their paint book. It doesn't matter what brand of paint it is. Turn to your year, and then to Cadillac section and find your color. there are color chips there, if you can't recall its name.
The bodyshop can order for you a pint of paint. Purchase a small little bottle of clear nail polish. Remove the top, to which is connected a small brush. Soak the brush part in paint remover or thinner over night. Next day wash really good in soap & water, over & over, until bristles are soft and pliable. Use it to dab on the paint to your car. BEFORE opening the paint can,shake the livin' siht outta it to fully mix it. Close paint can really tightly so the paint does not get sticky.
You must shake the life outta it every time you use it.

TomDeville
12-11-08, 08:41 PM
I can now give my brain a rest.
I thank you kindly Dear Sir Sandy.
You are the freakin' best!

TomDeville:cool2: